Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 7:45 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: For Sale Forum Idea?
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 7:39 pm 

I had an idea. I am currently selling some of my old anime dvds and I was going to put them on eBay. I thought it would be better if I could sell them to some of the board members here.

I wanted to know if there is a chance a For Sale Section could happen. Then again it might cause problems with the buying and trading between strange people. There is a chance of someone trying to rip someone else off. So its up to you. The only way I can think of the site to protect itself is when a person tries to post or make a thread they must see a page telling them "sell or buy at your own risk"

If that is out of the question(I can understand 100% why you would not) Would it be possible to put the eBay link in my sig?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 8:06 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The server I am currently on actually has a script that would allow me to start an Ebay style auction area in a couple minutes. I have kicked it around, but sadly at this point in time it probably isn't such a good idea. So many problems could occur and I would not be able to do anything to help anyone out if problems arose. The same problem would occur if I made a for sale section on the forum. I don't want to be a facilitator to failed deals between parties, so I would rather keep my hands out of it at this point in time. However, I may make something like a used DVD trading area, or auction area, specifically for anime and related items. But that is just a thought at this point.

However, I don't really have a problem with you linking to your Ebay auction in your sig. Good luck with your sale!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 25th, 2007, 8:12 pm 

Yes I completely understand. I myself probably would not want to get a bad rep for letting my site get involved with the scams or other problems either.

Thank you for considering it and allowing me to put my auctions in my sig.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 28th, 2007, 9:07 am 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
I don't want to be a facilitator to failed deals between parties

Of course. But I think there could still be a kind of "Private Deals" section as long as it is made clear that the involved persons, the one selling and the one buying, are alone responsible for the procedure and that the board is in no way to be blamed for anything.
I mean, that would be like sueing your town after you were sold a foul egg at a streetmarket ort something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 3:05 pm 

i think there was a forum for it on the old boards. then again its been a while so i could be wrong.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 12:56 am 

I got the idea from a car forum.

I think it would be better though if it did not happen until awhile after the forum has been up and has more usual members. If it did, at all happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 2:16 pm 
Major Contributor

I've participated in For Sale/For Trade threads in some other forums (mostly on Tech/Hardware forums) and I've sold and bought things ranging from expensive gear like high-end graphics cards and sound cards to heat sinks, CPUs and case fans without much issue. However, scammers are a still a problem in those threads, though they have a nice list of know "trolls" to be aware of.

We generally use Heatware to show how credible we are as either buyers or sellers. This is pretty important, IMO if we are going to start this type of thread. Because even though we may find some of the regular members more trustworthy, a FT/FS thread is bound to have scammers pop up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 9:44 am 
Resident Scholar

Dark One wrote:
i think there was a forum for it on the old boards. then again its been a while so i could be wrong.

I believe it was a thread for trading Anime stuff, not sell/purchase.
But I never used it, so I don't really know, which turns my post rather useless concerning information value. :lol: