Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2007, 1:07 am 

Oh...I apologize. I didn't know we had three mods. Which ones are the mods? I apologize for my ignorance, but I just joined up again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2007, 1:26 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
No prob. We have myself, Animedude35 and Sublyminal as mods currently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2007, 5:36 am 
Resident Scholar

AMDS wrote:
original moderators: Fresnokila, Spazmaster, and Cypher-Khan

Spaz was a moderator? Can't remember right now...

Wait a sec... I was a mod, and when Rowena asked me to do it I asked whether Spaz had rejected the offer (he seemed a more natural choice) and she said she'd rather trust her intuition, which means he was in no kind of charge at that point of time. If Spaz became a mod afterwards knowledge of that has disappeared from my mind...
He was a mod on the eversleeping "Love is a Paradox" Forum though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2007, 6:47 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Spaz was a moderator? Can't remember right now...

Wait a sec... I was a mod, and when Rowena asked me to do it I asked whether Spaz had rejected the offer (he seemed a more natural choice) and she said she'd rather trust her intuition, which means he was in no kind of charge at that point of time. If Spaz became a mod afterwards knowledge of that has disappeared from my mind...
He was a mod on the eversleeping "Love is a Paradox" Forum though...

No I was not a mod. I think Ro was smart enough to know how badly that would have gone. I did become the predominant poster late in the forum's life, but alas not a mod. And looking back, I think that was for the best . . . ;)

(p.s. however, this doesn't mean I wouldn't accept a position for mod on this forum if offered as I can assure I would be an excellent candidate. . . ;))

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 24th, 2007, 7:13 am 
Resident Scholar

Yeah, let's make a Mod Application Thread. :mrgreen:

But of course, not even 70 members, fewest of them really active, don't need more than three mods.
Another mod shouldn't be necessary before we reach 150 members or so.

Besides I'm sure we're pissing people off with our "old boys' claim to power" talk. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 26th, 2007, 8:38 am 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Besides I'm sure we're pissing people off with our "old boys' claim to power" talk. 8)

Like I said, I'd probably be a horrible choice for mod.

But still, if given the offer . . . ;)

Oh now that I think about it, neither Fresno or I were mods, we just had high post counts . . . :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 27th, 2007, 4:18 pm 

Yeah, there were a few mods, and some of them never did anything only like 3 of the 6 or 7 of the old moderaters kept the forums in check, so it was all good. Right now, 3 mods are good enough until we reach 500 members or something.

Although being a moderater isn't all that great, we do keep things in check, and that's what I usually did, because I do post from time to time, I check around just to see what's up, and let the people who have better forum personalities than me do all the talking =P It's funny that I know people do know me on this forum, I'm not spoken of much, which is fine by me, and when we have trouble here, I like to show people who I am :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2007, 4:30 am 
Major Contributor

I just had a thought: any plans about adding custom member titles? (i.e. that go underneath the avatar)

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 28th, 2007, 10:11 am 
Resident Admin

Probably, as soon as I find a mod that will work well. For some reason the built in ranking system doesn't seem to work. Thus I need a mod that will actually do what I want it to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 8:05 am 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
adding custom member titles

Oh right... like "Newbie", "Anime Fan", "Anime Addict", or "Anime... whatever" plus these dots that kept filling up as your post count got bigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 29th, 2007, 9:18 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Oh right... like "Newbie", "Anime Fan", "Anime Addict", or "Anime... whatever" plus these dots that kept filling up as your post count got bigger.

Well that and allowing for the member to make their own custom title (a requirement could be made, such as a required number of posts, amount of time registered, etc.) in addition to the "stock" member titles based on post counts.

Which reminds me, another suggestion: inline spoiler tags. I know there is a mod for phpBB that allows this (linky)

It makes spoilers easier to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 12:36 pm 
Resident Admin

spazmaster666 wrote:

Which reminds me, another suggestion: inline spoiler tags. I know there is a mod for phpBB that allows this (linky)

It makes spoilers easier to deal with.

Well, we do have spoiler tags currently, and while it isn't quite as easy to use as the inline stuff might be, I do not believe I can change it. With the new mod that I installed, the spoiler tags are built into it. The mods are setup to change how it was before I installed that mod, so I wouldn't be able to just follow the instructions and install it correctly. For the time being we will have to be happy with the current setup, or you can always just make it yellow like we did at the start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 7:05 pm 

Umm dudes as the only noob to the forum, don't make a special area for yourselves quiet yet. Why? Because like I said I'm the only noob everybody else here has been here since the last forum. Meaning I'll be the only one left out which wouldn't be fair.

In any case I just popped in to say I like the quick reply window add on, really really like it. Thank you. using it right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 3:39 am 
Resident Admin

The Adict,

I don't think people were talking about a "special members only" area. They were just talking about rankings and titles that they can have above or below their names. No plans for a certain members only area, except for the one for mods only of course. I could also be considered a noob as I was not on any of the previous forum incarnations either.

Glad you like the quick reply feature . :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 1:46 pm 
Resident Scholar

Yeah really, nobody was talking about an area for something like "BRS members only".
We want this to be a community - which you are part of by actively participating - and not introduce new forms of apartheit. :lol:

Oh, I have remembered something nice: Birthdays!
We had the option of entering our birthdays into our profiles and the board would automatically announce birthdays which we "celebrated" in The Birthday Thread. Nothing big, but it was a lovely feature.
Hm... furthermore... wouldn't this allow excluding minors from the adult sections? 8)
Which lacks an age confirmation anyway. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next