Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 11:55 am 

rowena wrote:
I just want to congratulate Aaron for reviving the forum. In between working, writing, tutoring my kids, and doing a million other things, I really don't think I would have been able to keep everything alive.

Sorry for not having a member database and all that to help you guys locate old members. I had this notion that I'd be maintaining animetric.com forever but people change and I guess my interests have also evolved over time. I have not watched anime or played bishoujo games for a very long time now and I don't miss it.

Thanks.

hey, you can't think of everything and people change, that's the way of things :wink:

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 8:02 pm 
Regular

42317 wrote:
rowena wrote:
I had this notion that I'd be maintaining animetric.com forever but people change and I guess my interests have also evolved over time. I have not watched anime or played bishoujo games for a very long time now and I don't miss it.

You already said this several times, it's okay, be at ease, and even if somebody could not accept your reasons (no need to defend yourself!), our lives would still go on like weeds that always reappear after the winter. :D

^ What he said. Of course, if you ever decide to come back to anime and bishoujo games, you'll always be welcome back! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 2:31 am 

It's all good Rowena. Everyone's life changes and I don't see why you have to tell people you're gone from the otaku life. Anyways, have fun doing what you love =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 3rd, 2007, 5:01 am 
Newcomer

Well I somehow feel I owe everyone an explanation. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2007, 1:33 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
rowena wrote:
I just want to congratulate Aaron for reviving the forum. In between working, writing, tutoring my kids, and doing a million other things, I really don't think I would have been able to keep everything alive.

Sorry for not having a member database and all that to help you guys locate old members. I had this notion that I'd be maintaining animetric.com forever but people change and I guess my interests have also evolved over time. I have not watched anime or played bishoujo games for a very long time now and I don't miss it.

Thanks.

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad you are enjoying your life away from the site. People just end up moving past certain things, you shouldn't worry about it. No explanation is necessary, as long as you are happy we are happy for you as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 11:43 am 

Eh don't worry about it Rowena. Stuff happens, people change no worries no explanation needed. You're kids cute by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 1:03 am 
Major Contributor

Don't know if anyone has brought this up, but everytime I got to edit a post, it'll treat it as a new post in terms of the time limit you get between each post.

For example, when I immediate go back to edit a post, I have to wait a few seconds before it'll let me repost it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 11:26 am 

Yeah I've noticed that too. It's kind of annoying. This especially when I usually have to go back and edit my posts for grammar and spelling.

Yes I try to fix my posts before anybody sees them. Trust me you do not want to see the rough drafts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 5:06 pm 
Resident Admin

It was a defense against spam, but seeing as though I made it so I have to approve people, it isn't really necessary anymore. I have lowered the time from 15 seconds between posts to 5, hope that works for you guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 12:35 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
It was a defense against spam, but seeing as though I made it so I have to approve people, it isn't really necessary anymore. I have lowered the time from 15 seconds between posts to 5, hope that works for you guys.

So I guess then that there is no way to treat edited reposts differently from a new post?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 12:46 am 
Resident Admin

No, it is just the time between when you post to when you can post again, be it a new post or an edit to that post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 10:20 am 

Thank for the fix.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 5:16 pm 
Resident Admin

No prob Adict :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 1:48 am 

I know your going on vacation(or you might be on it now) but just thought about it.

Emotions/smilies. Not many to choose from but not complaining, just throwing it out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 7th, 2007, 2:23 am 
Resident Admin

Um, I have seen mods for adding more smilies, but since I am looking at changing the entire format of the forum to vB, so I have more options and choices, I will wait and see what that version has to offer first. (Don't want to spend a bunch of time upgrading this one anymore when I may be getting rid of it altogether).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next