Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 12th, 2017, 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SailorMoon
PostPosted: July 5th, 2009, 6:14 am 
Resident Scholar

Shirogetsune wrote:
Finished Sailor Moon, season 1. Lots of quirky humor and the cast is loveable, but the plots and fights are laughable.

Hmmm... I dunno. I don't like this "Monster of the Week" concept, but I found the story very interesting and mesmerizing. I shed tears during the final episode while cursing their lack of tactical vision, because these four... doom girls... whatever you call them... would have been soundly defeated if all the Senshi had made a last stand together instead of splitting up... which, obviously, is against all the "we're friends through thick and thin" attitude that the series propagates. So, divided and alone they meet their fates. :sigh:

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Finished 1-9 of Sailor Stars has to be the best sailor moon series ever!

I'm still with season one. Although SailorStars was clearly technically the best season with many characters and twists and stuff. But it could have been better, and idea that came to me only after I had read the Manga. The final confrontation would have been really "WOW!" had they "recycled" all these surviving former enemies they had converted to the good side... Ail and An... the Ayakashi Sisters (although these might have lost their powers due to purification)... the Amazon Trio and the Amazoness Quartet... Nehelenia... that would've been grand. Call it megamania... I like the idea of old characters returning... the Manga has a bit of it when the Amazoness girls appear as ChibiUsa's future Senshi.

Post subject: Re: SailorMoon
PostPosted: July 5th, 2009, 12:59 pm 

I am disappointed yet relieved Sailor Stars never came to America. Since it never came to America I never got to watch it when Sailor Moon was especially popular for me back when it was on Toonami. The part I'm relieved about is the fact if they did bring it to America who ever licensed it here would probably screw it up and take so many facts and episodes out like they did with the original series.

PostPosted: July 5th, 2009, 8:08 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
I have yet to finish the Japanese version of the first season, which I plan to finish it once I get back to college along with the rest of the series (hopefully). It's definitely the first anime I've seen as a kid and it has a special place in my heart.

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 1:51 am 

I have the next 4 (?) seasons to conquer after finishing the first, and I plan to space them out. Long shows like Sailor Moon or Gundam (long for me is anything over 26 episodes) I try to mix in with short shows/movies, half season shows, and full season shows so I don't become burnt out on one series or genre. Hence watching something as bad as Voltage Fighter Gowcaiser between Sailor Moon and Final Fantasy Unlimited.

Back on topic: The doomed concept seemed to come out of nowhere at the end of season one, and I don't have the manga, so I don't know if that was canon or an end the producers made to finish out the show. But it seemed very tacked on. 90% of the show is Monster of the Week battles and silly jokes, plus some foreshadowing as to Tuxedo Mask's fate. Nothing hinting as to what really happened. Also, the monsters that effortlessly offed the scouts seemed ultra generic and pailed in comparison to the coolness of the Four Great Generals (or whatever thier name was.) Overall, the end of season 1 seemed to assume there wouldn't be additional seasons, they had to make up an end, so they went the whole reincarnation route. (But again, I don't have the manga so I DON'T know if it was made up or actual canon.)

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 2:28 am 

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
I am disappointed yet relieved Sailor Stars never came to America. Since it never came to America I never got to watch it when Sailor Moon was especially popular for me back when it was on Toonami. The part I'm relieved about is the fact if they did bring it to America who ever licensed it here would probably screw it up and take so many facts and episodes out like they did with the original series.

Not that it matters anymore, but Geneon did propose to release the series uncut, both subtitled and dubbed like we did with Sailor Moon S and Sailor Moon SuperS. However, the license was never permitted. It was implied that Toei believed the property was a children's property and that the cross-gender issues in Stars would impair the franchise, but never explicitly explained. In any case, once Takeuchi (manga creator) dumped her publisher, the whole thing became a legal mess and no new contracts or renewals were permitted...

I was never too into the monster of the week theme and Usagi was too empty headed for me to care about her fate, so I never could get into the show myself- yeah, I know, borderline blasphemy! :roll:

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 6:09 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
It's definitely the first anime I've seen as a kid and it has a special place in my heart.

When I saw it as a kid I was all like, "Yuck, girls' stuff!"
Ten years later I had converted to "Hey, these gals don't look so bad..." :mrgreen: :sweat:
But as I dived into the story I realized its great value for me.

Shirogetsune wrote:
90% of the show is Monster of the Week battles and silly jokes, plus some foreshadowing as to Tuxedo Mask's fate.

... plus character spotlights and relations developments.
I wouldn't say that 90 % were dismissable. After reading the Manga which had no henchman opponents at all I felt that a 52 episodes format would have been perfect.

PunkDaddy wrote:
Usagi was too empty headed for me to care about her fate, so I never could get into the show myself

She is a Cancer just as I am, so I understand her well. :D

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 7:57 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
42317 wrote:
Gojira wrote:
It's definitely the first anime I've seen as a kid and it has a special place in my heart.

When I saw it as a kid I was all like, "Yuck, girls' stuff!"
Ten years later I had converted to "Hey, these gals don't look so bad..." :mrgreen: :sweat:

Actually, when I saw it as a kid, whenever the Sailor Senshi transform, I was mesmerized by the female anatomy during the sequence. :oops: Now I like the girls even more than I did before, especially after I've been exposed to yuri. :mrgreen:
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii21 ... annt14.jpg

They make a great couple, don't they? :wuv:

PostPosted: July 7th, 2009, 6:13 pm 
Major Contributor

I'm a guy and i'm not ashamed to admit that when Sailor Moon was shown in Toonami every weekday afternoon, i would watch with interest. :mrgreen: Farthest i got was when Hotaru showed up (before becoming Sailor Saturn) and her dad still had that creepy figure when he was workin in his lab. :shock: I saw the R movie a month ago which was very nice. Just about the only thing i didn't like about the fights was that Sailor Moon doesn't really fight much and very quickly is getting whupped so usually another Sailor Scout or Tuxedo Mask has to bail her out long enough for her to do the final attack with the montage that's nearly as long as the montage it takes for her to transform into Sailor Moon in the first place. :| And for the record, my personal favorite Sailor Scout in terms of attractiveness is Sailor Neptune. :wuv: Too bad she doesn't play for our team, if you know what i mean. :cry:

PostPosted: July 29th, 2009, 9:30 pm 
Newcomer

i like only the opening song moonlight densetsu and some character like

cute sailor mars on white shrine outfit :wuv:

sailor mercury in live action not in anime bellow picture :lol:

by the time you read this
my forehead are being target by grammar & spelling nazi

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 6:59 pm 
Resident Scholar

Action Kamen wrote:
sailor mercury in live action not in anime bellow picture

I'm having trouble understanding what this sentence is meant to convey. :|
Anyways, the girls were great in the live-action version... with the exception of Komatsu Ayaka who acts like a wooden doll in any role she plays unless it's a very short appearance with a single dialogue line. :D

Back in 2004 I, too, used to post pictures of the actresses once I found some good ones...

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2009, 9:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Keiko Kitagawa (who played Sailor Mars in that live-action series) had a role in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. She was the girl who in nearly all her scenes was put next to the British accented Japanese guy. The Japanese version of Tokyo Drift featured her more than the American version did. In the Japan version, i believe her extra scenes consisted mostly of the "Deleted Scenes" section of the American DVD.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 5:33 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
Keiko Kitagawa had a role in The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift.

Even including the deleted scenes it was a very minor role and I think she spoke one and a half sentence in English. But since I always enjoy her presence I only borrowed the video because she had a role. The rest of the movie is completely insignificant. :D

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 6:09 pm 
Major Contributor

Back on topic of the anime series, i seriously thought Sailor Moon's Japanese voice was kawaii!!! This is why Kotono Mitsuishi is one of the best and one of my personal favorite seiyuus. :d^_^b: She pulls off a bratty teen like Usagi nicely, and in her other roles like Misato in Evangelion, she can pull off sounding sexy/responsible and as for Murrue in Gundam SEED, being a serious captain of the ship must've come very easy at that point in her career. :clap:

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 6:55 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
i seriously thought Sailor Moon's Japanese voice was kawaii!!! This is why Kotono Mitsuishi is one of the best and one of my personal favorite seiyuus.

Kotono Mitsuishi is one of the voice technicians - a term that I coined a few years back.
She can change her voice according to the role to a certain degree, not perfectly, but she can do it. Yajima Akiko is the queen of the technician faction imho. She can do amazing things, and yet hardly anyone knows her name.
The other group could be called the charima faction. Their technical abilities to change the voice are either not very good or a certain speaking register became so popular that they are cast with that tone only. Hayashibara Megumi is the top member of that group. The only role I did not immediately recognize her in was PenPen... oh and "Maeda's mother" from Cromartie Kôkô.

G-Core wrote:
she can pull off sounding sexy

Oh yes, I have not forgotten that scene in Evangelion...
Neither have I forgotten Tomizawa Michie's sexy performance in Ebichu...
Seiyû fanboy's dreamland.
Sadly, I cannot remember any other SailorMoon seiyû performing in sex scenes. :D

PostPosted: August 5th, 2009, 7:06 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
G-Core wrote:
i seriously thought Sailor Moon's Japanese voice was kawaii!!! This is why Kotono Mitsuishi is one of the best and one of my personal favorite seiyuus.

Kotono Mitsuishi is one of the voice technicians - a term that I coined a few years back.
She can change her voice according to the role to a certain degree, not perfectly, but she can do it. Yajima Akiko is the queen of the technician faction imho. She can do amazing things, and yet hardly anyone knows her name.
The other group could be called the charima faction. Their technical abilities to change the voice are either not very good or a certain speaking register became so popular that they are cast with that tone only. Hayashibara Megumi is the top member of that group. The only role I did not immediately recognize her in was PenPen... oh and "Maeda's mother" from Cromartie Kôkô.

I only know Akiko Yajima from portraying Relena in Gundam Wing/Endless Waltz but she sounded great, especially everytime she said "Heero". The one she does when Heero faints after declaring he will never kill again and she comes running to catch him and embrace him is pure excellence.

G-Core wrote:
she can pull off sounding sexy

42317 wrote:
Oh yes, I have not forgotten that scene in Evangelion...
Neither have I forgotten Tomizawa Michie's sexy performance in Ebichu...
Seiyû fanboy's dreamland.
Sadly, I cannot remember any other SailorMoon seiyû performing in sex scenes. :D

Technically, Aya Hisakawa as Haruka in Rahxephon The Movie
Spoiler
had an mostly off-screen scene with Ayato, the horny details were kept off-screen but she's moaning when they kiss and start to lay down on the bed before it fades to black then fades in with Ayato and Haruka naked but somehow covered by a blanket that must've magically appeared or was somewhere in the holding cell that wasn't shown.
As for Kotono, are you talking about the scene in the end of episode 20? If so, that was so great not even the dub actress could to that.