Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 18th, 2017, 11:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Guin Saga
PostPosted: April 16th, 2009, 7:25 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Guin Saga is one of the true fantasy series to come out this season, and could prove to be one of the most epic in scale given the sheer volume of material behind it. Based off a series of novels by Kaoru Kurimoto, which now stands at a total of 124 volumes, we could be in for one hell of a ride. The anime is currently slated to follow the first 5 volumes, after which (I would assume), they will continue making more as long as it does well.

Episode 1 Summary:
Guin Saga starts off with a surprise attack on a castle, where two young twins (a prince and princess of the kingdom) are sent away to a "safe land" to keep them from being killed. However, the transporter they're put into isn't exactly the most accurate of machines and ends up sending them into a dangerous forest in enemy territory. The brother is the useless one, always complaining and making noise while the enemy is around, but the sister has her wits about her. It takes two to tango though and they fall into the hands of the enemy after not much time, but their struggle against the soldiers awakes a sleeping man whom has a leopard's face and the "power of a god" or so it seems anyway. After ruining all the soldiers in a wonderfully epic fight in which he pounds one soldier straight into the ground and hits another one so hard that as his helmet takes a chunk out of a tree it also lights it on fire. They join up, talk about what has happened and we find out about Guin and his inability to remember his past or why he has a leopard's mask he cannot remove on, at which point they end up fighting against some monsters of the forest and run away right into the grip of the enemy soldiers. And that's where the episode ends.

Thoughts:
The episodes setup is pretty much how most of them are, kids leave and find a protector, nothing new there. But, so far with Guin Saga, it stands to be something that could truly turn out to be quite the journey. The music is great, the animation solid, and I have to say I rather like how Guin just starts taking out soldiers like he's swatting flies with his fisticuffs. I'll certainly be sticking with it to see where the series ends up going and (hopefully) it'll be a worthy tale.

Post subject: Re: Guin Saga
PostPosted: May 12th, 2009, 5:56 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Watched episodes two and three. Series continues to be fairly strong, even though it isn't treading anywhere unfamiliar at this point in time. The second episode has them captured by a group of soldiers who send them to their leader where Guin is forced to fight against a giant ape. While hanging out in the prison we're introduced to another character, a mercenary, who's undoubtedly going to be joining the group once they get out of there and all is said and done. The thrid episode pretty much focuses on their escape and destruction of the enemy stronghold, after it gets attacked by a tribe of monkey humans and they use the ruckus as a way to get themselves out of there (but not before taking out the head honcho. We're also introduced to what looks to be another main character, a little monkey girl or something.

I'm sort of hoping she doesn't stick around for too long, or gets a lot of development from where she is at now, since she can't even speak the language at the moment and could just serve to annoy me with her antics. Maybe she will grow on me, who knows. Still, I like the feel of the series, and Guin is pretty sweet so here's looking forward to the next couple episodes waiting for me to watch :)