Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 138  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 5:56 am 
Regular

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
All these high school anime can depress me sometimes. What the hell happened with my high school life D:
Maybe its not that it sucked, but it was just over way too fast :P

Hehe, I know what you mean. My own high school life was so boring and... 'normal'. Then again, if our high school life was like the kind we see in anime, I'd fear for the future of society. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 12:57 pm 

Just finished "Wild Arms" (Amazing how much story was compacted into two episodes. You don't often have an Anime that ends between 13 and 26 episodes. It's usually either one or the other).

For some reason, I'm really getting into Best Student Council. [spoil]Maybe it's because of that comic-relief, puppet, Puchan. 8) [/spoil]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 8:04 pm 
Newcomer

Zaxares wrote:
Storm_Shinobi wrote:
All these high school anime can depress me sometimes. What the hell happened with my high school life D:
Maybe its not that it sucked, but it was just over way too fast :P

Hehe, I know what you mean. My own high school life was so boring and... 'normal'. Then again, if our high school life was like the kind we see in anime, I'd fear for the future of society. :shock:

If my high school was anything like from an anime, that would've been so crazy. LOL. I had fun in high school. Like Storm_Shinobi, it was over way too fast for me.

Anyway, getting back on topic. I just started watching Ergo Proxy. I've only seen the first three episodes so far. I hope to watch a few more soon.

AMDS wrote:
For some reason, I'm really getting into Best Student Council. [spoil]Maybe it's because of that comic-relief, puppet, Puchan. 8) [/spoil]

Best Student Council. I watched the subbed version of that a long time ago. I loved Puchan!! Hehe. I feel bad for the girl who was the treasurer always having problems with the budget with the way the student council spends. Hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 8th, 2007, 10:48 pm 
Lurker

A friend of mine has been raving about Last Exile for awhile now, so I finally borrowed the box set from him. Right now I'm through the first 15 episodes and while it's good, it hasn't impressed me to the level that my friend seems to like it. It's a series where everything is decently well, but nothing stands out as exceptional. The characters, the setting, the plot... but none of it stands out as really amazing, just good. Of course, I'm only a little over halfway through the series, so there is plenty of time for my opinion to completely change for better or worse, so we'll see how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 12:36 am 
Major Contributor

rurounijf wrote:
A friend of mine has been raving about Last Exile for awhile now, so I finally borrowed the box set from him. Right now I'm through the first 15 episodes and while it's good, it hasn't impressed me to the level that my friend seems to like it. It's a series where everything is decently well, but nothing stands out as exceptional. The characters, the setting, the plot... but none of it stands out as really amazing, just good. Of course, I'm only a little over halfway through the series, so there is plenty of time for my opinion to completely change for better or worse, so we'll see how it goes.

Well when it came out the animation was pretty damn impressive. But I agree that since then we've seen bigger and better from other studios (BONES, KyoAni, etc)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 9th, 2007, 1:03 am 
Lurker

Well, my friend didn't specify what made him find it so amazing. Whether he was referring to the animation or not is unknown to me, although it still certainly holds up well. I doubt, though, that he was raving up and down about my need to see it just because of some animation that has since been outdone. My guess would be that he really liked the characters, plot, or something along those lines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 10th, 2007, 9:16 am 

Well Last Exile is just.... pretty

Its nice to watch, good eye candy, the plot isn't exactly bad and it just has this.... ephemeral..... PRETTY feel to it all. And I really like the ship designs and the setting of it all. While nothing all too spectacular it still makes for a good watch.

And good stuff do look amazing when you've been through alot of crap so maybe thats the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 3:50 am 

Second Season of Honey and Clover, I like it so far... 3rd episode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 11th, 2007, 10:07 am 

I just started watching Ergo Proxy and Tenho Tenji, I now I spelled that wrong, since they're now on tv and free, YEAH! Though it's been only on episode I think I'm going to like them, if not love Ergo Proxy.

As for Last Exile. I never really got what everyone was raving about either until I finished watching it then went threw and watched it again paying closer attention to the details, then I got it. You have to watch it twice and pay very close attention to everything, it's not the type of series that goes around broadcasting things extremely loudly stuff is easy to miss.

As a side not Wolf wood you should enter your sign in the contest for banner, oh wait it aleady closed, darn it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 12:43 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Current watch:

Gun x Sword
Black Jack 21
Muteki Kanban Musume

Watched and satisfied:

Trinity Blood
Magikano
Strawberry Panic

Current avoid:

Ouran High School Host Club
Fruits Basket
Princess Princess

Wishlist:

Fate/Stay Night
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 4:36 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
rurounijf,

I had more or less the same impression as you when I watched Last Exile. The animation is very good, but I couldn't really get into the main characters, well the children anyway, I did like the adults in it. I wish that they had focused the story more on the war and everything going on with the grown-ups, rather than this story about a kid and his racing and internal struggles, etc. Now that's not to say I didn't like the story overall, b/c I did, just wasn't so fond of the scenes focusing on the kids. I think that's pretty much how it went anyway, it has been a while since I saw it. Wasn't quite as good as I was hoping it would be, nor did it live up to the hype, but still definitly worth watching, IMHO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 12th, 2007, 3:44 pm 

Watching Coyote Ragtime, and Utawarerumono. Just finished the fifth episode of Best Student Council, and I've FALLEN IN LOVE WITH THE SHOW!! :D

That fifth episode really sold me: [spoil]The episode with the curry rice competition, and this random woman from India, named Niatomi, who Puchan just so happens to have had a romance with years back (which has absolutely nothing to do with anything! lol) and just so happens to be a mystical curry master. [/spoil] It was the best episode yet!

If you haven't seen Best Student Council :shock:

...see it. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 11:40 am 

I just got done watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand alone Complex the movie Solid State Soceity. All I have to say GOD! I LOVE THIS FRANCHISE!!!!

The movie gives us alot more closure then the end of 2ndgig. It had enough to story they could have almost made it a new season in and of itself, it was a two hour movie. It also gave the side characters given the spot light, and the ever present question has the Major joined the dark side? Plus I think the Major and Bato finally hooked up, bout time. All in all this movie only further afirmed my love of the franchise a must watch for fellow fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 12:59 pm 
Lurker

Acmurphy wrote:
snip

Well, I finished the series last night and I completely agree with you. I really never fully got into watching what was going on with Claus, which was actually frustrating near the end of the series.

[spoil]There was supposed to be this epic struggle going on for the fate of the world as everyone knew it, and instead of focusing on that you are shown repeated scenes of Alvis and Claus sitting around at their old house. After that, there are multiple scenes of Claus just flying to reach the Dragon's Fangs and then the Grand Stream. While Claus's bringing Alvis to Exile was obviously of critical importance and the attention on the journey kind of paralleled the journey Claus had been on through the entire series (the journey to become a true pilot like his father, the journey to be able to protect the ones he cared about, etc.), I really think it downplayed pretty much everything else that was going on. Claus had to make a journey and in the meantime, everyone else was being sacrificed while trying to stop the Guild fleet and Exile. That, however, got no screentime beyond showing Exile tearing into the ships of Disith and Anatoray on occasion. I understand that Claus was the main character, but even then it still seemed like he was getting too much attention, which really killed off the impact of the final two episodes.[/spoil]

So there is my rant. I could go on about other, much more minor complaints of mine, but on the whole I really agree that the series was just decent. They had decent characters, a decent plot, and a solid setting, I just felt that Gonzo ended up going in the wrong direction with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 9:01 pm 
Newcomer

my top ten that im currently or was watching:

1.Gurren Lagann
2.Bleach
3.Seto no Hanayome
4.Code Geass
5.Claymore
6.Heroic Age
7.Seirei no Moribito
8.Darker than BLACK
9.Lovely Complex
10.Gigantic Formula

Well these are my top ten. Here are my debatable reasons(im not going to write too much of a description because I have things to do):
1. I’ve always liked Mecha anime and this series isn’t to sci-fi or out of the ordinary(like most mecha animes)it has a childish look on the mechs but a adultish storyline about how Kamina dieing!
2. Bleach is the adult anime compared to the childish naruto series. I don’t know if anyone likes to watch fillers but i did when bleach started airing them.
3. I think my favorite anime this year so far that has humor and a storyline. It’s just that i love action(non-stop)
4. The best mecha anime next to Eureka Seven. It has action filled with suspense as lelouch loose control of his geass eye(very dramatic).
5. Gore, Action, and girls with swords seems better than girls with guns because the girls with guns is usually a yuri anime.
6. I really like how they set up the settings with the tribes. Basically the 5th Nodos is like a gun vs. a pebble just not going to work.
7. Really amazed at the animation it is really amazing like i just said. I like how the bodyguard is a women rather than a man protecting a girl, because if it was like that the girl would probably fall in love with the man(she cant do anything without him) but in this series it just seems better that the weak boy is with the strong women(like it said in the anime what is easier raising a boy as a mother or raising a girl as a father).
8. Love the opening same group that did D.Gray-man 1st opening. Animation seems good its just its being subbed horribly. Even though i have know idea whats going on, it just keeps me interested with the mystery behind every story.
9. This show makes me laugh just as much as Seto no Hanayome. I think the voice acting is ok, the only thing i don’t like is that they don’t go into more detail from their past life before they knew each other.
10. It shows promise like a gundam animes but they bore me at some point. But this show has excellent animation when it comes to the character depth but it reminds me of zegapain a little bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 138  Next