Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 138  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 5:33 am 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:
Storm_Shinobi,
Ya, one of my main problems with Noir was the fact that they would shoot and kill all these people, yet they refused to show any blood at all. Other than that the actual series is a little slow, but it has some really great music.

I didn't mind so much that it wasn't too bloody. My only real complaint is how slow it is, otherwise it's great.

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I would be the overlong anime hater despite not having watched them. Basically I boycott stuff like Naruto and Bleach which have no perceivable ending. And when people tell me skip the fillers, read the manga, I look at the manga spanning over 20 volumes and I'm like.... yeaaaah riiiiiiight............. I'm sure the manga has its own share of 'fillers'.

Don't watch Bleach but I love Naruto. I agree about it having "no perceivable ending" though.

NightWalker was the same way. A bit slow at times, and way too open-ended. Didn't suffer from being too long; it suffers from not being long enough. A longer NightWalker would have allowed Shido to resolve his troubles with Cain (as well as the memory loss he seemed connected to) and with turning Riho into a vampire (and the potential consequences therein). The down-side to that is that, like I've said, NightWalker was a bit slow. This would have hurt an extended NightWalker series, but the fact there wasn't any real conclusion to the Cain and and Riho angles did a lot more damage imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 12:24 pm 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I would be the overlong anime hater despite not having watched them. Basically I boycott stuff like Naruto and Bleach which have no perceivable ending. And when people tell me skip the fillers, read the manga, I look at the manga spanning over 20 volumes and I'm like.... yeaaaah riiiiiiight............. I'm sure the manga has its own share of 'fillers'.

Well actually, the Bleach and Naruto manga have been consistently good except for a few more recent chapters. The Bleach manga especially. The Bleach anime has also been pretty consistent. Even the filler season was pretty good, considering it was filler.

Also One Piece is longer than either and its still awesome . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 1:19 pm 
Lurker

I'm watching you pee. @w@

... and Last Exile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 30th, 2007, 8:52 pm 

shgarland wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
Storm_Shinobi,
Ya, one of my main problems with Noir was the fact that they would shoot and kill all these people, yet they refused to show any blood at all. Other than that the actual series is a little slow, but it has some really great music.

I didn't mind so much that it wasn't too bloody. My only real complaint is how slow it is, otherwise it's great.

The point was... there wasn't blood at all! Its not realistic!

Anyway I don't like things that I can't see an end of. Unless its some random comedic hubbub that can remain funny season after season with more or less standalone episodes. But then heck, its not like Galaxy Angels went on that long....

At any rate, I have downloaded Bleach episodes for my friends and looked at some random episodes of Bleach, and some random episode of Naruto Shippuuden. No idea about you guys, but I thought it was seriously ridiculous XD
I guess I lost my taste in typical shounen stuff that lacks hot blooded super robotness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 8:31 am 

My biggest problem I know I'm going to have with Naruto is there is over a fifty episodes of just plain filler :shock: As for right now I still like the series put I'm only in the mid 90 or so. And yeah the only series that ran longer then a hundred eps is yu yu hakuso. the rest just become irrelivent.

And yeah where did all the great mecha anime go? :cry: All we got right now is Gundam Seed Destiny, that decidely sucks. Well at least Goddannar box set is coming out in July but then again no idea if that's over hyped or actually as good as people claim.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 11:35 am 

Godannar, while overloaded with bouncy fanservice.....

Is filled with HOT BLOODED and WIN! Basically its for the super robot fan. Battle cries that inspire love, tears, manliness and awe. Yelling out the name of your attacks! And theres chicks.

If you don't mind following up on fansubs, Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann isn't a bad series to go for. And of course, theres Code Geass :3

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 1:20 pm 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
At any rate, I have downloaded Bleach episodes for my friends and looked at some random episodes of Bleach, and some random episode of Naruto Shippuuden. No idea about you guys, but I thought it was seriously ridiculous XD
I guess I lost my taste in typical shounen stuff that lacks hot blooded super robotness?

Well Shippuuden is not exactly the pinnacle of Naruto. There are certainly going to be some insane fights later on but inbetween those fights, its going to be slow going and boring most of the time, since the anime does not want to catch up to the manga so quickly like they did last time (and hence had nearly two years of fillers)

As for Bleach, it's been consistently good for the past 100 or so episodes, even the fillers were pretty good. It has slowed down some in the recent manga episodes but that's also a victim of trying to not catch up so quickly to the manga.

If I didn't read the manga consistently, then I'd probably be enjoying both shows more though, so if you haven't read the manga, Bleach and Naruto would probably be more fun to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 11:20 pm 

In the end I have a biased mindset that says I'll never be converted! And also if I start watching at episode 12x, I'm not gonna understand anything.

Well I read the first two volumes of the Bleach manga but thats about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: May 31st, 2007, 11:55 pm 
Major Contributor

*Warning, Spoilers ahead!*

Two examples of why bleach gets awesome later on:

Spoiler

Spoiler

And an example of one of the awesome later fights in Naruto:

Spoiler

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 3:19 am 

I saw the bit with the white mask. Fighting his.... sword. That horse and the king thing made me think weird thoughts.....

Maybe for action(excluding mechas), I just prefer more down to earth clashes without the flying and ichigeki hissatsus.

And to think about it, there seriously hasn't been a proper medieval anime in a long time as there? Actually I suppose there is Claymore....

At any rate, if they didn't want to catch up to the manga and all, they should just pull it off in a season by season basis. Which in my opinion, makes anything long alot more watchable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 5:00 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
I saw the bit with the white mask. Fighting his.... sword. That horse and the king thing made me think weird thoughts.....

Not quite, but yeah, it's something like that. ;) Ichigo's actually in control when he has his hollow mask on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 1st, 2007, 11:55 am 

Actual I love out of this world fantastic fighting. Hence why every once in awhile I torerate watching DBZ, no other series does mine boggaling amazing fight better.

See I only know as much as i do about the series is because I go check out Wikipedia all the time and somebody post updates on what the manga is doing over in Japan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 5:04 pm 

About to start watching the second season of Emma. I really enjoyed the first season and thought about reading the manga, but somehow i forgot to do that.
It seems i missed the movie, i think i'm gonna watch that later on...
Enjoying the first episode a lot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 8:17 pm 
Major Contributor

Right now I'm watching Le Chevalier D'Eon. I'm not a big fan of the animation style, but I guess its reflective of the place and time. The action isn't so bad, hopefully the plot will get better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 5:01 am 

Started up on Manabi Straight. Another nice show to chill back to.

All these high school anime can depress me sometimes. What the hell happened with my high school life D:
Maybe its not that it sucked, but it was just over way too fast :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 138  Next