Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 14th, 2017, 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 138  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Are You Watching Now?
PostPosted: July 20th, 2011, 12:32 am 

It isn't like our debate has devolved into personal attacks on one another. We are hardly being childish about it.

Sure we could just agree to disagree but I think this board needs some activity.

How good I rank something generally is based on a mixture of technical aspects and how enjoyable aspects of it are that aren't tied into very specific tastes. Like while I did like the mechanization of magical girls conceptually and that was somewhat enough for me to sit through all three seasons of Nanoha, like well throughout the fights were iffy, animation was so damned inconsistent in StrikerS and it just lacked focus and blardy blar plot and overdone friendship. Taking all that into consideration I would really hesitate to call it a good show. Like how while Utena's odd ass antics with the cars and half naked guys were certainly entertaining, the whole of it not making much sense at all is a blow against it. I was entertained by all the crazy but it didn't make any goddamned sense ultimately and I'm not gonna call it a good show.

Like I'd call a comedy that generally bases its comedy on its character antics, plot and what have you a good comedy. A comedy that makes nothing but Gundam jokes however. Yeah its a good comedy for Gundam fans but its hardly a good comedy on its own merit.

I will admit, however I categorize and sort my shit, it will get contradictory here and there. Being entertained, enjoying stuff, how good something is and all that isn't an exact science after all.

PostPosted: July 23rd, 2011, 2:37 am 

Well if you 2 say so...looked more like flaming to me...and since you 2 are the only ones posting here it would be bad to see this kind of fighting :shame:

Than carry on :whistle:

PostPosted: July 25th, 2011, 9:44 pm 
Post Master

Finished The Big O which was good. I liked a lot of things about it. The characters are good, the premise is interesting, the animation was good (especially in the first season), and the art has a good style. The story ended up being a pile of shit though, since it's almost as mind bogglingly cryptic and nonsensical as Rahxephon.

Also finished the first season of Koihime Muso, which was decent. I got hyped by how good the first episode was but it never topped that. I am also indifferent towards average ecchi, so that didn't add anything to the experience. Won't be wasting my time on the rest of the seasons.

Still working on Vandread.

PostPosted: July 28th, 2011, 1:17 am 
Post Master

2 episodes of Super Gals was all my brain could take. However, I don't like rating and criticizing something that is clearly meant for people of different age and gender.

Finished Vandread, which was nothing special. The humor and romance aspects were mediocre, and the show usually didn't make a seamless transition between action and humor, which was irritating. When the show tries to get serious near the end, it fails horribly. Spiritual nonsense? Check. Bad motivational speeches? Check. Story turns to shit? Check. My patience gets taxed? Check.

Also tried 3 episodes of Saint Seiya, which clearly sucks.

Currently watching Eyeshield 21 which I am 15 episodes into. It's pretty fucking good, it has made me light up like a Christmas tree more than a few times. It really nails the wacky humor which I don't usually find funny. It's like a good shounen, except it's football.

PostPosted: July 31st, 2011, 5:40 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
It's a different spin on the magical genre but kinda stops short of being a good action flick. As a magical girl show for young girls, well I have no idea just what young girls are really into but I get the feeling most Nanoha fans aren't young girls.

That reminds me of a simple social study that I did back in 1998: I looked at the "pen friend" sections of Anime magazines and assessed the given personal data of all people who said they liked SailorMoon. The vast majority of female fans was underage while tha vast majority of male fans were adults. Of course there were considerably more female fans than male fans but their age distribution still stands.

The planners of Mahô Shôjô series apply a double-tracked concept: The elements of love and friendship and flawed girls becoming strong and saving mankind/the universe/whatever are for the little girls while the character designs and the more or less subtle sexual nuances are for the male clientel who shows up at the live concerts. Just look at the advertising during the breaks, it's directed at little girls, and there's the revealing SailorMoon live act in Yomiuri Hall, where the girls in the audience have just barely made it into elementary school at best.
Like Kikuchi Masami said after the Tenchi Muyô concert tour back then:
"On stage there were only women; in the audience there were only men - huh?!?"
If his surprise wasn't just an act during the interview he clearly hasn't understood the underlying concepts of how to broaden the fanbase and thus create more revenue.

Fresnokila wrote:
Stop being kids :whistle:

They're discussing their standpoints which both have their validity, being just different approaches to the same thing. I think you're overinterpreting things. :sweat:

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
How good I rank something generally is based on a mixture of technical aspects and how enjoyable aspects of it are that aren't tied into very specific tastes.

I think that's called gut feeling. Mmsven usues a more rational approach.

Mmsven wrote:
Still working on Vandread.

You better drop it, I found it a waste of time as character relations and story development were too obvious even for my tolerant taste.

PostPosted: August 2nd, 2011, 6:45 pm 
Major Contributor

A while ago, i saw Evangelion 2.22: You Can (Not) Advance in English and Japanese. I seem to prefer the latter in this case which is not that usual with me and anime. Asuka is very bitchy in this version so having her take Toji's place of doomed Unit 03 pilot put a hush to her for the time being. Mari is very well endowed especially in the chest area, hence the joke about her first plug suit, though not knowing her allegiance will make the time it takes to put out the last movies strenuous as far as patience goes. Fan service runs rampant in this movie and i'm not complaining. I truly believe by now that Shinji and Rei are soulmates with the way their relationship doesn't have to be romantic, you just know and feel that they care about each other on a deeper level.

PostPosted: August 3rd, 2011, 5:38 am 

Fresnokila wrote:
Stop being kids :whistle:

They're discussing their standpoints which both have their validity, being just different approaches to the same thing. I think you're overinterpreting things. :sweat:

Ha went back and read again..still sounds like them fighting..especially when you see things like "The problem is that I don't like being mislead by misused language. I also have nothing else to talk about."

Now you tell me if they are discussing their standpoints or being childish :whistle:

Doesn't matter now anyways since it stopped the moment I mentioned it...figures...

Anyways saw all 50 eps and the movie of Eureka Seven (saw some random eps once on Adult Swim so had to finish it someday) and even though I enjoyed the series...it felt as if they dragged it out too long for such a simplistic plot (though they made it look so damn complicated)...and never liked the character of Holland...how can everyone just stand by while a man hits a kid all the time...
Still the series had its moments and hell I watched all 50 eps in 3 days so it kept me interested...though..
I'm beginning to hate how all series end with you having to interpret what happened instead of giving a clear answer...

Now the movie was completely different...has the same characters and settings..but different plot and the characters had different roles...though overall came down to the same thing ha...the girl and the boy wanting to be together...etc...

PostPosted: August 4th, 2011, 4:28 pm 
Post Master

Fresnokila wrote:
Doesn't matter now anyways since it stopped the moment I mentioned it...figures...

He gave me a good answer so it wasnt necessary to continue.

Fresnokila wrote:
Now you tell me if they are discussing their standpoints or being childish :whistle:

You already know that youre the only one who thinks this way, so pipe down. The only one being childish here is you.

PostPosted: August 5th, 2011, 8:39 am 

Ha I'm just responding to *checks name again* 42317...I am piped down..whatever that means :whistle:

PostPosted: August 7th, 2011, 1:17 pm 
Resident Scholar

Fresnokila wrote:
Ha I'm just responding to *checks name again* 42317...I am piped down..whatever that means :whistle:

Better than high on drugs. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: August 10th, 2011, 4:02 am 

Ha seen like 5 eps already of Dance in the Vampire Bund...and watching the rest just because its like 12 eps I have...but...this is one crappy anime..one would think an anime about vampires and werewolves would be always cool ha...guess not...
They try their best to be dramatic I guess...they zoom a lot (and I surely mean a lot) to their eyes...as if for dramatic effect and fail doing so...it really is a sucky anime :d-_-b:

But still let me finish the rest since I'm already halfway...

PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 4:41 pm 
Resident Scholar

Fresnokila wrote:
Dance in the Vampire Bund...
it really is a sucky anime

Don't waste your lifetime watching stuff that you think sucks. You live only once and you only have a few decades.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2011, 11:57 pm 

Burnt through a bunch of series recently.

GaoGaiGar and GaoGaiGar FINAL. Pretty much what MMSven said about it. Corny, kinda boring. Even when it picks up it doesn't pick up that much. FINAL was better but not enough to redeem it. Its a weekly show for kids who probably won't watch most of it. I think my time would have been better spent on another Precure.

Yondemasu-yo Azazel-san. About a girl who works part time at a detective agency. Whose other employee and her boss is Akutare-san, a demon summoner and the demons he summon. She inadvertently contracts with a demon and stupid things happen.
Like really stupid. And its absolutely hilarious. Basically Akutare-san has a barrier set up so when demons are summoned, they appear as these cute weakened things that they can push around. The demons themselves are all talk no bite, so they end up being pretty amusing joke characters. And oh god the angels. I could live with more of it.

Kore-wa Zombie Desu-ka. Watched it because there was a mangical girl. Basically a guy dies, is revived by some cute girl necromancer, meets a magical girl and somehow steals her powers becoming a mangical girl zombie and then is approached by a vampire ninja who wants the necromancer's help. And then usual cliched magical harem nonsense. Also ultimate attack called the Mystellain kick which isn't a kick, but a bisecting cut with a chainsaw.
It is completely random, pretty retarded but it is funny when it counts. So well I liked it in places, but its a pretty bad show overall and it feels like they were trying to chuck as much random arsed shit as they could into one package. Was wondering if samurai werewolves will show up.
I enjoyed the ride but won't watch a second season.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2011, 12:31 am 

42317 wrote:
Don't waste your lifetime watching stuff that you think sucks. You live only once and you only have a few decades.

Haha but its really since I wasted time already downloading it..might as well finish it...

Which I did....finished watching Dance in the Vampire Bund and I think I only enjoyed the last 2 eps ha...but as an overall series its bad as hell...I mean you see a girl (who looks like 19 with huge breasts and all) fall in love with a kid (who looks like 6) and no one sees that wrong :wtf:
Don't know it probably works best as a manga ha...I'll check the info later on and compare...

Started watching Eden of the East again since I saw the first movie and felt lost ha..though you start remembering a lot of things as you go thru the movie...I still want to remember better the other Selecao's...

PostPosted: August 21st, 2011, 12:56 pm 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Yondemasu-yo Azazel-san. About a girl who works part time at a detective agency. Whose other employee and her boss is Akutare-san, a demon summoner and the demons he summon. She inadvertently contracts with a demon and stupid things happen.

Sounds good, too. "To check".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, 136 ... 138  Next