Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 11th, 2017, 4:12 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 138  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: March 29th, 2007, 10:12 pm 

Saw eps 1-6 of Chrono Crusade in these days...good to see they go straight to the point...ha...
Liking it 'till now...I hope it remains that way...
Wonder if I should check out the manga too...

Oh wait and I also saw the Bleach movie...The Sealed Sword Frenzy if that was a movie...not bad...but kind of pointless in all...it's just something to watch like the DBZ movies...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 30th, 2007, 3:23 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Chrono Crusade was pretty good overall. It did suffer greatly from being bogged down by too much fluff. If you are liking it so far you should probably see it through to the end. The end is definitely worth wading through some meandering episodes that have nothing to do with much of anything. This is more of a personal opinion, since I could see how a lot of people may not like it.

Bleach I stopped watching after episode 45. It was pretty interesting and all, but it was so long and started to get boring. Not to mention I am not a big fan of Ichigo or any of his "friends." I will have to finish it up at some point, but for now I am just trying to figure out something else to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2007, 9:13 pm 

Bleach is one of those animes like Naruto and DBZ...you watch it only for the cool fights :D

Anyways....saw Pokemon movies 1 thru 4....I hate the mini-movies they place before the main event...ha...but Pokemons are always fun...next would be to watch 5-7...don't know if they have any more than that...but since they have like 3000pokemons..who knows...there is always one more powerful than the one before for some reason...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 1st, 2007, 5:11 am 
Regular

Currently working my way (slowly) through Ghost in the Shell: 2nd Gig. One thing I like about the second season is how the story doesn't just focus around Kusanagi and Batou, instead exploring the stories of several of the other members of the team.

It might just be me, but 2nd Gig is also a lot more... graphic. I'm not complaining; the gore is done just well enough that it isn't gratuitous, but it does mark quite a departure from the first series, which tended to focus a lot more on high-tech battles (and explosions) than on actual close quarters combat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 12:03 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Now I start to watch Gun X Sword. From same studio which made Gatekeepers and Vandread.

Try to think Wild West meet Gundam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 3:07 am 

At every mention of the Chrno Crusade anime, I say check the manga. Gonzo totally fucked up at the carnival part and onwards. While the anime banters on about some random Jesus plot device, the manga takes it to an epic three sided battle in the sky and stuff.

I just finished a run through Azumanga Daioh which severely damaged my brain but was fun none the less, and Coyote Ragtime Show. Coyote Ragtime Show is fun, spaceships, guns, gothloli androids with guns, grenades, katanas and shit and stuff. It definitely feels rather Bebopish, a crew of pirates + loli. Its like that type of cast for that kinda drifting but there isn't any drifting and theres a plot which the series follows through. A race to unearth a treasure on a planet thats about to get nuked. Fun to watch, nice animation, too bad someone got nuked for not much of a reason but whatever.

And I'm still agonizing through Witch Hunter Robin, unable to bring myself to watch anymore of it but someday I'll finish it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 10:36 pm 

Ah I saw I think the first 2 eps of Coyote Ragtime...totally forgot about that one...including others like Gun X Sword...Speed Grapher....Caras...etc...

Seen the first eps of each and than forgot they existed...let me see if I can get the rest to finish them (though I'm gonna have to watch the first eps again anyways...to refresh my memory)

I did see Pokemon movies 5 and 6 and Naruto Shippuuden eps 1 and 2..which were together...I think...
It's been a long time since I've seen Naruto...last eps I saw were around 90 something..and others randomly like eps 119...I just got tired of watching the series...

But the way Shippuuden started made me happy again :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 2nd, 2007, 11:18 pm 
Newcomer

I'm halfway through Bleach right now, around chapter 60 I think. It's been quite fun so far. Sometimes it gets longwinded, but not excessively so.

I'm also quite happy with Shippuuden, the wait was so long...so many half-baked fillers! The humanity! But we'll have to see if the wait was worth it in the long run.

Started watching One Piece a while ago. Stopped after the 11th episode. I still don't know if it's worth watching. It started good, but it got kind of slow after the clown pirate part.

Still haven't watched the second Ghost in the Shell movie. I haven't made the time. It's been taunting me from above my shelf. Whispering. Soon my precious.
Weeeird.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 3rd, 2007, 9:54 am 

i'm sitting here laughing at the last post, good loke by the way, then i realized OH MY GOD WE'RE ALL COMPLETE OTAKU!!! :shock:
and all i have to say VIVALA OTAKU!!!!! If you ain't Otaku you ain't cool.

Now then to actual posts, the second movie of GITS is good but not at good as SAC. also SAC the 2n gig is even better then SAC season 1. Witch Hunter Robin is good except for the ending, which there really is no closure, we never really find out find out what happens to Robin or what's his name.

One Piece i crap, it moves to damn slowly and there just aren't enough good fights for me and it gets really boring really quickly. What can i say I just never got into it, there's to much filler just to make it longer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2007, 4:06 pm 

Chrono Crusade upto 12....ha 12 was like a christmas special that almost made me cry...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2007, 7:18 pm 
Regular

Was the one where Azmariah tries to find some Christmas presents for Rosette and Chrono?

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 6th, 2007, 7:23 pm 

Yes indeed it was...ha..the sad part was you know the whole thing that she never had a good christmas before or any gifts...so seeing that happinness and whatnot got me emotional...ha...

Oh and forgot to say I also saw Naruto Shippuuden 3 and 4...ha funny how Naruto and Sakura beat Kakashi...not gonna say how... :wink:

Edit:Naruto Shippuuden 5...and since I'm gonna watch them now anyways...gonna say 6 and 7 too..since they're together...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 9th, 2007, 2:54 pm 

I finally finished watching getbackers a couple of days ago, and also whistle!, getbackers was just dissappointing, the concept was cool, but half of the characters sucked and their outfits did too. Whistle is in my eyes the best sports anime series to date (it´s about football soccer), not because of the story, but because it looks real, not like captain tsubasa where every move seemed like taken from shaolin soccer the movie.
I watched ¨Howl´s moving castle¨a few weeks ago, i really enjoyed it, it´s at the same level of the Laputa castle in the sky, yet not at castle of Cagliostrio´s, it´s funny how all the Miyazaki movies I´ve watched and really liked have ¨something castle¨ in their name.
I´m not keeping up with any of the current series in Japan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2007, 12:10 am 
Lurker

Watched the first two episodes of Trinity Blood. I tried to watch more, but I felt something inside of me die at the thought and I just couldn't bring myself to start the third episode. >.>

Maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit, but those first few episodes were largely unappealing and boring. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 10th, 2007, 10:28 am 

Currently going through Ghost Hunt. Although for some reason, I decided to pick it up by recommendation without knowing a damn thing about it, and somehow I expected guns and silver bullets. But well its still a rather random fun anime but nothing too memorable. I think the creators were definitely a bit stoned and I wonder what the hell happened to school for Mai. I mean she's off investigating crap at another school which obviously has classes and she's just ditching it or something.

And I'm gonna grab Lucky Star as it comes up because the OP is so damn stoned. Its like weed for the eyes and crack for the ears.

Anyway from what I heard about Trinity Blood, its apparently Hellsing but worse.

And I started Hayate the Combat Butler(no Gotoku) since I'm a fan of the manga.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 138  Next