Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 138  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 9:45 pm 
Regular

Some mild spoilers regarding Major Kusanagi and Batou from GITS, so I've chucked it into spoiler tags.

[spoil]
The Adict wrote:
The movie gives us alot more closure then the end of 2ndgig. It had enough to story they could have almost made it a new season in and of itself, it was a two hour movie. It also gave the side characters given the spot light, and the ever present question has the Major joined the dark side? Plus I think the Major and Bato finally hooked up, bout time. All in all this movie only further afirmed my love of the franchise a must watch for fellow fans.

Huh, did they really? The impression I always got from the series was that Motoko was actually a lesbian, given that she seems to spend a large amount of her free time with female associates. Then again, 2nd Gig also revealed that Motoko was fully cyberised at a very young age due to a tragic accident. I do wonder if somebody whose mind never went through puberty would actually be able to develop sexual urges and preferences, considering that a large part of the human sexual drive is governed and controlled by hormones (which are obviously absent in a cybernetic body).[/spoil]

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 13th, 2007, 11:51 pm 
Lurker

Just to add in another little bit of information on the topic, in the original Ghost in the Shell manga Motoko was bisexual. She performs in a splash panel for extra money, which can only be done homosexually (the reasons for which I won't get into... look it up if you're that interested) and she also has a boyfriend. As for her portrayal in Stand Alone Complex and Second GIG, though, I guess I never really thought about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 8:01 am 
Major Contributor

rurounijf wrote:
Just to add in another little bit of information on the topic, in the original Ghost in the Shell manga Motoko was bisexual. She performs in a splash panel for extra money, which can only be done homosexually (the reasons for which I won't get into... look it up if you're that interested) and she also has a boyfriend. As for her portrayal in Stand Alone Complex and Second GIG, though, I guess I never really thought about it.

Yeah, the TV series was always a little different from the movies and the manga. Though IMO, Stand Alone Complex did a better job just because it adds more depth to almost all of the characters. Not to mention I would not exactly classify the TV series as cyberpunk, while the movies (not Solid State Society) definitely were.

However, the movies definitely touch upon more metaphysical and philosophical topics than the series do. The original Ghost in the Shell and the followup movie, Innocence, could be considered "deeper." The series was more traditional action. Not to say that made the series worse, just that the styles between the series and the movie were different, and the target audiences were different. (i.e. Stand Alone Complex catered more toward the mainstream)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 14th, 2007, 9:00 am 

All to true Stand alone complex was kinda mainstreamed a little in my opinion I think it did wonders for it. The one time such a act doesn't destroy a franchise. But you really have to place the first two movies and Series in seperate universes. Again I prefer the series because they're more fleshed out then the first two movies. However I thought it ws pretty clear in both the seires and the movies that Bato and Motoko had a thing for each other. As for Motoko's sexual preference, from watching the movies and series I'd have to agree with rurounijf about her not really having a preference, and very few inahibtions in when, where or with who she does it with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 17th, 2007, 10:05 pm 
Major Contributor

Catching with Lovely Complex, Lucky Star and Sola. Also watching some of the D.Gray-man fillers that I had skipped . . . yeah they aren't so good . . . :?

Also just watched Episode 21 of Nodame Cantabile . . . can't believe there's only 2 eps left! :( :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 12:17 am 

spazmaster666 wrote:
Also just watched Episode 21 of Nodame Cantabile . . . can't believe there's only 2 eps left! :( :(

Would you recommend watching it, I'm trying to catch at least a few good series from the past 2 years, I've missed out a lot...
I'm definitely watching Ergo Proxy, School Rumble 2, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, and I already started honey and clover 2...

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 12:43 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
Would you recommend watching it, I'm trying to catch at least a few good series from the past 2 years, I've missed out a lot...
I'm definitely watching Ergo Proxy, School Rumble 2, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu, and I already started honey and clover 2...

Definitely. It's been one of the only shows in recent months that have been consistently good. Good enough for me to look forward to watching it every week (and that's even after reading the manga and spoiling the plot for myself) Other must sees IMO include Code Geass, Death Note (first 27 or so episodes), Blood+, NANA (especially the first season), first season of D.Gray-man, and Pumpkin Scissors. Out of those I would say Code Geass in particular is a standout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 8:37 am 
Resident Scholar

I have begun watching "Ôran Kôkô Host-bu", i.e. "Ouran Highschool Host Club", the first few episodes, and I'm pretty happy that we chose the series for our Anime club program. Got us double the usual audience and I personally like the show, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 3:07 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I have begun watching "Ôran Kôkô Host-bu", i.e. "Ouran Highschool Host Club", the first few episodes, and I'm pretty happy that we chose the series for our Anime club program. Got us double the usual audience and I personally like the show, too.

YES! We need more people to watch Ouran . . . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 18th, 2007, 9:25 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
Definitely. It's been one of the only shows in recent months that have been consistently good. Good enough for me to look forward to watching it every week (and that's even after reading the manga and spoiling the plot for myself) Other must sees IMO include Code Geass, Death Note (first 27 or so episodes), Blood+, NANA (especially the first season), first season of D.Gray-man, and Pumpkin Scissors. Out of those I would say Code Geass in particular is a standout.

Thanks for the recommendations! I added Code Geass as one of my top priorities, and Blood +, Pumpkin Scissors and Nana as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 12:13 am 
Major Contributor

wolfwood wrote:
Thanks for the recommendations! I added Code Geass as one of my top priorities, and Blood +, Pumpkin Scissors and Nana as well.

Go here for the full list: http://animetric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19&start=16

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 12:53 am 

I had to stop watching Coyote Ragtime. I'm tired of the cliche story and characters. I can't take these kind of series anymore (ala Steam Detectives, E's Otherwise). :roll:

But I'm still watching Best Student Counsel, and I'm still lovin' it! :D [spoil] Episode 6 where they discover that Puchan really DOES TALK BY HIMSELF!! :shock: :lol: [/spoil]

Needless to say I love this show. This could easily be one of the best shows I've ever seen (and I'm only 6 episodes in!).

Utawateramuno is keeping my interest, as is Misaki Chronicles, and Le Chevelair, so I've got plenty to keep me occupied. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 1:27 am 
Newcomer

Quote:
But I'm still watching Best Student Counsel, and I'm still lovin' it! Very Happy

wow i didnt know that Best Student Counsel was that good i think i mite try it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 19th, 2007, 11:12 am 

Started watching Noein and Tokko, both seem good. Noein feels like it's going to be a mind trip, which is good thought animation is going to take a bit of getting used to. As for Tokko I think I've already fallen for the series and I've only seen the first ep. Most definately going to haveto buythis one dvd, I hate censors, bastard why can't I see the girl's bare breast? It's not like they usually color in the nipples anyway. And why don't they edit properly and edit out the cussing they have to pleep out anyway, that way they don't have to cut over stuff. Oh well nothing I can do but buy the unedited dvds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 20th, 2007, 1:56 am 

Well Shippuden upto 17...and old Naruto upto 125...

Also Kimagure Orange Road 1-4 I think I saw....and it feels different from the manga though its basically the same...which means...its all gonna go nowhere....
It's gonna be all the same dog only with different collars...

And I guess you could say rewatching Bleach...since I see it sometimes on Adult Swim.....oh and Chin Chan...ha....and Blood +...etc...

Oh...also rewatched some of my anime movies...I mean I dont want them to rot on my shelves...so rewatched Vampire Hunter D....Cowboy Bepop the movie which was great to watch again...but felt too long now for some reason...

Gonna rewatch Perfect Blue and maybe Jin-Roh.....cause those are the 2 I havent seen for so long now...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 138  Next