Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 17th, 2017, 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Spoilers that Ruined a Title for You/Location Warnings
PostPosted: June 19th, 2010, 12:44 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
wolfwood wrote:
Same here, I'm finally coming to realize that reading reviews just spoils everything for you, if the tittle of the movie is engaging or the actor/actress is a good one then I'm going to will watch the movie. Nowadays, I will just be by the movies and see what looks interesting, by the poster, and watch it. Don't even watch TV anymore so I don't really get any movie previews besides the ones I see at the movies.
And yes it's even better to watch anime series with the only expectation that someone said it was good. I've been spoiled quite a few times after reviewing quickly a title on the internet, but sometimes you do need a brief description of the title.
One of the reasons why I try to be as vague as possible whenever I write a review for a series, though sometimes it's hard to review a series especially when a main point of criticism involves major plot developments (My-HiME is a good example of this).
Yea, it's true sometimes one main plot twist in the first episode or two can be the real direction of the story.
Caiobrz wrote:
None of my reviews (http://www.daisuki.com.br) ever spoil a title. In fact, I take care not to spoil stuff that happens from second episode onwards.SAME can be said about Animetric reviews. Never read a single spoiler at them.
On the other hand, keep a safe big freaking distance from ANN, Animenfo, User-posted reviews on *ANY* site and most specially wikipedia. They will spoil you in a couple of seconds, with grace.
Nice website, Caiobrz, you have very good reviews there. Yes, the reviewers here: Ro, Acmurphy, Spaz and some others there have been careful with their reviews.