Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rebuild of Evangelion
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 12:51 am 
Lurker

So while this is probably just another way to bleed money from the franchise, I'm still interested in seeing how well it will be done. They were going to revamp Shinji and make him more understandable as a person and less so that whiny brat. They were also supposed to better explore his depression and other characters, as well as update some graphics and fights, introduce a few new characters, AND remake the ending so it's not so... head aslopedy off the wall. :x While not a rabid fanboy, this remake's really eating away at my curiosity, especially since the first movie of the four has been out for months and I haven't been able to... ahem, procure a copy for my own yet.

For those not in the know, Rebuild of Evangelion wiki

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 11:01 am 

Now I announced this last year when the news broke over New Type. To be honest I'll probably buy them when they get translated, but I'll still probably still hate shinji's guts/ The guys a whiny loser that I would love to smack around a few times. Hell by the end of the second movie I was hoping he'd DIE!!! But yeah.

ANy way back to my opinion on the remake. Why? Because I'm an oppinated jerk. To be honest so long as they fix the major problems of the original series. Those being. 1.) have the charcters grow and change. 2.) more structer to the philosophy. 3.) emelinate whiny brat Shinji, meaning no more depressed teens that I feel like slapping and yell 'Yes life sucks! Get ysed to it and stop whinning about it!' 4.) taking the relationships of the character beyond I like them for such and such reason but I'm not going to say anything. 5.) less Asuka and more Rie and Misoto

Are they going to make mucho money of this? Yep.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 6th, 2008, 7:30 pm 
Major Contributor

If they actually take out the annoying teen angst (which is the reason why I disliked Evangelion) then I may actually get this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 10:23 am 
Lurker

Supposedly the annoying teen angst will be redone in a way that's more sensible and less... omg I wanna punch that man in the face. Make it a more human thing that doesn't just smack of teen QQ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 7th, 2008, 12:52 pm 
Resident Scholar

Evangelion's teen angst, as you call it, is an extreme case, but it's also a key contents of the show. Without it, it wouldn't be Evangelion anymore. Shoving a bunch of kids in giant mecha fighting oversized creatures is enough for a "Godzilla" sequel made in Japan, but even if you spice up character interaction according to the original it's not enough for Evangelion imho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2008, 12:07 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
Evangelion's teen angst, as you call it, is an extreme case, but it's also a key contents of the show. Without it, it wouldn't be Evangelion anymore. Shoving a bunch of kids in giant mecha fighting oversized creatures is enough for a "Godzilla" sequel made in Japan, but even if you spice up character interaction according to the original it's not enough for Evangelion imho.

I'm not saying angst is always a bad thing to have but there are just too many emo characters in Evangelion. It's a trend that's just too common these days in many mecha series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 8th, 2008, 7:47 pm 
Resident Scholar

Hm, I dunno... 'cuz apart from certain scenes I can live with EVA's emo characters. As long as they don't wear black, compose sad-sullen poetry, apply dark make-up or throw Asuka into some goth loli outfit, all's right with the world. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 8:04 am 
Regular

Well, you have to admit that lots of emo people probably wish they had some super big, super powerful mecha to make up for their insecurities, eh? Anime companies are probably spot on as far as the target audience is concerned. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 8:13 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
Well, you have to admit that lots of emo people probably wish they had some super big, super powerful mecha to make up for their insecurities, eh? Anime companies are probably spot on as far as the target audience is concerned. :lol:

Except people in real life people aren't really emo, just pathetic and immature. In real life we just call them losers. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 9:24 am 
Resident Scholar

spazmaster666 wrote:
Except people in real life people aren't really emo, just pathetic and immature. In real life we just call them losers. ;)

That's harsh, man... insufficiencies can be large and small, obvious or hard to notice. :D

Post #888 !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 1:48 pm 
Lurker

Oh, he's probably just trying to put up a strong front in order to hide his own deficiencies and insecurities that he judges too emo from the world. It's okay to be vulnerable Spaz, you don't need to overcompensate with us! Put down the martial arts weapons and use those arms for hugging! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2008, 5:29 pm 
Resident Scholar

Kesshi wrote:
It's okay to be vulnerable Spaz, you don't need to overcompensate with us! Put down the martial arts weapons and use those arms for hugging! :D

Good punch. With a fluffy glove. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2008, 3:31 am 
Major Contributor

Kesshi wrote:
Oh, he's probably just trying to put up a strong front in order to hide his own deficiencies and insecurities that he judges too emo from the world. It's okay to be vulnerable Spaz, you don't need to overcompensate with us! Put down the martial arts weapons and use those arms for hugging! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 12th, 2008, 4:39 am 
Lurker

Hn, yes, your tears are so delicious...

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 13th, 2008, 9:12 am 
Resident Scholar

Kesshi wrote:
Hn, yes, your tears are so delicious...

... followed by a kick in the nuts, with a not-so-fluffy boot. :lol: