Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ah! My Goddess
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 12:41 am 

Hello,
I'm a lil new to the anime world and i found Ah! My Goddess at a good price..i've heard a couple good reviews from websites but is it worth the watch? I love getting other peoples opinions before i make the purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 1:26 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Which Ah! My Goddess incarnation are you talking about? The 2 season series, or the 5 episode OVA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 1:30 am 
Major Contributor

I would say all three versions are worthwhile, whether the OVA, the movie, or the TV series. I would suggest that if you're talking about the movie, to watch the OVA first. The TV series stands on it's own and is based more on the manga than the OVA or the movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 2:00 am 
Regular

If you like something with NO END in either the romance nor the plot, BUT very nice slice-of-life with comedy, I would say go for it, most people love it regardless of the lack of closure. Myself included, though I will probably pass if they ever release a third season. Enough is enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 2:15 am 
Post Master

I watched the movie without any previous knowledge of Ah(Oh)! My Goddess. It was pretty good, but I had a hard time appreciating the characters (since the movie is a sequel, they were not given introductions).

From what I remember, all technical aspects were excellent.

Haven't seen any of the other ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 13th, 2008, 3:42 pm 

Thanks! I was referring to the TV series that i found a good deal on - i think i will give it a try as i have heard nothing but good things

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 14th, 2008, 12:28 am 
Major Contributor

Caiobrz wrote:
If you like something with NO END in either the romance nor the plot, BUT very nice slice-of-life with comedy, I would say go for it, most people love it regardless of the lack of closure. Myself included, though I will probably pass if they ever release a third season. Enough is enough.

Well obviously the TV series is not going to have any definition endings considering that the manga has been ongoing since 1988 (coming up on 20 years now) and has past 34 volumes. As for the third season, there is a televised special for it but that only has two episodes as well as an OVA. While I loved the two episodes that aired, it's unlikely much will be resolved in the OVA. I think the main reason the third season probably won't happen is due to decreased viewership during the second season even though I personally enjoyed the second season more than the first season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February 20th, 2008, 6:07 pm 
Newcomer

Caiobrz wrote:

I hear ya on that one. Maybe another movie will be released to final put an end to it all (or maybe an ending in the form of manga?).
I haven't paid attention to ah! megami-sama (or anime in general) in quite some time now. It would be nice for some kind colsure or a definitive ending to the series.

some info I found on the manga (so far):
A complete collection of the manga published to date would run over 200 chapters (over thirty-four collected volumes). There have been twenty-six volumes of the manga published in the US so far (as of April 2007), and publisher Dark Horse Comics is now reprinting unflipped versions of the earlier graphic novels in order to spark new interest in the series.

I should go back and rewatch this series.