Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who's Your Favorite Male Anime lead?
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 9:08 pm 

So what's everbody's favorite anime lead character?

Me it's most definately Kenshin Himura, especially when he goes manslayer. What can i say i'm a sucker for a baddass that has the skills to back it up. Mena i also like his philisophical side but I like the manslayer a lot more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 23rd, 2007, 5:38 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Haruo Yoshikawa from Magikano!

He saw his sisters almost naked everyday and I dreamed to be like him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 24th, 2007, 6:29 pm 
Post Master

Probly Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2007, 6:05 am 
Newcomer

Guts from Berserk.

You just can't overlook a guy who carries a six and a half feet long sword and knows how to use it...believably. He also managed to kill one hundred soldiers in one sitting, without super powers or special abilities.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 31st, 2007, 9:25 pm 

I would go with Guts too...especially after killing 100 guys alone...and well demons...and whatnot...and man...super especially after he gets his new demon armor...if thats what it was...

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 5th, 2007, 1:11 am 

Kyon from the Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi. Cynical guy with a rather unique personality in my opinion and keeps outworldly characters in check. While being normal.

James Links from Z.O.E. Dolores i. I just like these failure of a father character types. Saves the world dragging his kids along and unites his family and learns to be a better dad at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 9:52 am 

Now this sad, our favorite female lead thread has two or three pages, bur the one for favorite male lead only has half a page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 1:13 pm 

Thinking back, I really liked Keitaro Urashima. I mean, he was a total loser and stuff, but well he wasn't exactly blowing his cash on anime figures and stuff. And he was actually kinda cool in the end(manga). Watching him slowly change throughout the ages....

Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic. Pilots an Arm Slave, knows all these combat stuff, is the funniest guy when he's awkward.....
He's just so much fun in Fumoffu. And still he manages to remain pretty badass in 2nd Raid. And he still shows that he has human emotions, he's just a bit dense after his whacked up upbringing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 11:52 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The Adict wrote:
Now this sad, our favorite female lead thread has two or three pages, bur the one for favorite male lead only has half a page.

I think it's just because we like talking about our favorite women more :lol:

Anywho, while two people have already claimed him as their favorite, he is just so damn good! Gatsu is going to have to be my pick as "all time fav." He's just so hardcore, don't take any crap, does what he wants, has the gruff exterior with the kind heart inside. How can you not love a man with the title Century Slayer!?!!?!?!

Kenshin and Sousuke are also some of my personal fav's. I seem to have something for guys that do a lot of um, fighting.

To throw a new guy into the mix, and to get off this fighting kick, I think I will go with Kaoru Hanabishi from Ai Yori Aoshi. Just for the fact that he is a male lead that actually does something, he isn't an idiot and he isn't retarded like most anime titles stereotype people as in these harem shows. He is a regular guy going to College.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 12:18 am 

Guts is awesome in the anime series, but I think he is cooler in the rest of the manga, not shown in the anime...
I'm gonna say Onizuka because GTO is funny and cool at the same time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 2:03 pm 
Major Contributor

Hmm, hard to say.

But in terms of badassness, I'd have to go with Alucard from Hellsing. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 1st, 2007, 6:57 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
Hmm, hard to say.

But in terms of badassness, I'd have to go with Alucard from Hellsing. :twisted:
I' m pretty sure you meant cockiness there... yep

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 9:35 am 
Resident Scholar

The (Anime) guy I like most is Sagara Sôsuke, since he is, like, that military-otaku-half of mine. 8)
He can't beat Spike Spiegel in terms of coolness, but Sôsuke is more sympathetic imho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 11:49 am 

to be honest, im not sure, there are so many characters that i like in anime, male and female, the problem is that no male character has given me the same chill down the spine as Chloe has. for me then its rather hard to pick one character out of the lot. right off the top of my mind i can mention Jet Black, Monkey D. Luffy, Mugen, Ichigo and Recca.

Jet Black because more often then not he's the one who's suporting Spike in their endevours, he's the one who has to take care of everyone to a bigger or lesser degree.

Luffy cause he does what he wants, allways true to himself, never one to overcomplify things. if he says he's going to do something then he will, no ifs or buts about it.

Mugen because he's been born into a world that is harsher and tougher then what most of us have to live through, but instead of constantly trying to get out of it, or hating the world that put him in this position he just seems to have accepted it and goes with it. he's done so many bad things, but he just doesn't care, heck half the time he can't even remember who he's killed. i guess its his simple mindedness along with his lack of what we would recognise as concience that makes him such an interesting character.

with Ichigo and Recca its pretty much the same thing. they have a lot of power that they use to defend people, but they don't go around saying "i'll protect the world!" or anything similar, rather they just go around protecting their friends and their home. as Ichigo puts it "I want to protect a mountain load of people."

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 31st, 2007, 7:47 pm 
Lurker

Moonunit wrote:
Probly Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop

hehe, i concur. or Sosuke Sagara from FMP. i just can't get over how totally unaware of civilian life he is, i find it hilarious. or possibly, Keitaro Urashima, from Love Hina, because he's a bit like me! :P