Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 10:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 11:42 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
dbd_addict,

What did you dislike about Bloodlust?!?!?! I am at a loss...

If you are looking for recommendations, which seems to be where this thread is going, post in the Anime Advice area with what you are looking for so we all have a better idea of what to recommend to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 12:06 am 
Regular

i am known to stray off topic...

this thread is supposed to be about fanservice ruining an anime that i have a great interest in, namely School Days.

but since you asked about bloodlust. :)
i hated the talking hand. i hated it so much that just by it speaking, made me angry. i recall a scene where D puts the hand to the ground and it is sniffing/inhaling or doing something to work his tracking magic. *shudder* LAME!!! it has been laid to rest next to another equally lame dvd... Tank Girl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 3:41 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
You didn't like Bloodlust simply because of his hand? :shock: Wow. Well, I would not recommend the other movie or the novels then, as his hand is an integral part of them all. It's funny, I didn't think the hand got enough screen time/talking time in Bloodlust. I am not sure why anyone would dislike his hand, which is just a parasite that is inhabiting his arm/hand and shows itself though his hand. (The parasites actual purpose, other than it's special powers that help D out, are to be a comedic device in the novels/movies, as well as someone for D to talk to, or to talk at D as he is usually very quiet and typically says very little.) But hey, while I may not understand it, it certainly didn't work for you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 4:13 am 
Regular

I liked the hand myself. :P As a writer, I also understand the purpose of the hand from a character-building perspective; since D himself rarely speaks and never gives any insight into his thoughts or motivations, the hand is meant to be the mental foil that reveals to the audience hints and glimpses into why D does the things he does.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 7:54 am 

His hand brought a whole new meaning to 'Speak to the hand!'

I thought it was an interesting sidekick. Definitely unique, a parasite thats a face on your hand that talks and eats... stuff. And yeah, it'd be a bit unbearably silent if he didn't have a talking hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 11:03 am 

I've only watched one 'slice of life' anime, I think, Azumanga Dioh, I was bored out of my mind by the end of the 2 disc. And yeah I can understand your dissappointment at recent anime, that's why I'mgoing back to the early 2k and 90s stuff. Most of the recent stuff is panites and more panties with no story line. making me feel like screaming at them BALANCE!! PEOPLE BALLANCE!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 2:16 pm 
Regular

^ the thing is that School Days does seem to have quite the story line! i know it has been done before many times, but this one is always the one that makes otherwise normal friendly people really turn into crazy people. i have experienced this and this is why you always hear stories about "psychotic" women or "stalking" men. so get rid of the blatant fanservice! keep the nudity and sex as long as it is related to the plot!

about bloodlust... yeah, i know that it was a device for the audience to understand D. i just hate those devices. hahaha! stupid sidekicks to provide explanations... :roll: i prefer to try and understand on my own. if they really must, they can do a reveal at the end. i know how difficult it is for anime, but actions speak louder than words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 3:10 pm 
Major Contributor

I dunno it seems to me that School Days is pretty much the epitome of shonen romantic comedies.

And besides this isn't anywhere near as bad as what happened with Mai Otome Zwei. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 3:16 pm 
Regular

mental note:

do not watch mai otome zwei...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 3:23 pm 
Major Contributor

dbd_addict wrote:
mental note:

do not watch mai otome zwei...

I wouldn't say that. It's really just one scene in the beginning of OVA 3, which included a topless scene (not entirely unexpected since this was on DVD, not broadcast on TV)

Otherwise, Mai Otome Zwei has been pretty good, just with that one unneeded fanservice scene.

[spoil]Warning, contains nudity: http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2004.jpg
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2005.jpg
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2006.jpg
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2007.jpg
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2008.jpg
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2009.jpg
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2010.jpg
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/image/M ... e%2011.jpg[/spoil]

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 4:07 pm 
Regular

i am enjoying the story line so far because it is f.cked up, just like in real life!

i finished this series and i will retract part of that statement. it is f.cked up and that is all...
makoto the playa was so comical! i could not stop laughing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 6:51 pm 
Major Contributor

dbd_addict wrote:
i am enjoying the story line so far because it is f.cked up, just like in real life!

i finished this series and i will retract part of that statement. it is f.cked up and that is all...
makoto the playa was so comical! i could not stop laughing.

Yeah, and that ending, while kinda disturbing, was definitely the most satisfying ending to a harem anime so far . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 6:30 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Azumanga Daioh: (...) I can understand your dissappointment at recent anime, that's why I'mgoing back to the early 2k and 90s stuff. Most of the recent stuff is panites and more panties with no story line.

It is true that Azumanga Daioh doesn't have a story line, but it's definitely not a fan service Anime, except if you count swimsuits. It's a show about the characters and I love the characters and their interactions very much.
Pani Poni Dash is a lot like Azumanga I think... okay, I have only watched a handful of episodes (up to date), but as far as I can tell, it's just character interaction, slapstick, parody galore (Planet of the Apes! Boromir's death!) and nonsense humor, without a story line. But it's so crazy I have to love it...