Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 21st, 2017, 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anime Theme Tunes
PostPosted: July 31st, 2007, 8:39 pm 
Lurker

as i recall, The Old Forums (note the caps, people :P) had a thread about anime theme tunes, where people could praise the writers of fine intros, or damn them to Hell for aurally stabbing them with screwdrivers, so i thought here we'd do the same!
i actually really enjoy the theme tunes of most anime i've seen - Gundam Wing, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Love Hina, Full Metal Panic....and the Ready, Steady, GO! one from FMA - brilliant! i may be embarrassed about it in front of my family and friends, but a bit of anime intro karaoke really if fun from time to time! opinions, people?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 1:04 am 
Post Master

Shouldn't this go into the Music and Soundtracks section?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 1:10 am 
Major Contributor

Yeah "Tank", from Bebop was definitely one of the best intros ever. Recently though, Nodame Cantabile has had some great intro and ending songs. "Konna ni Chikaku De" for instance, the first ending for Nodame Cantabile, is one of the best EDs I've heard in a while (it's sung by Crystal Kay, who if you don't know her, sung the ending "Motherland" from Fullmetal Alchemist). Honey and Clover has also had some great ending music such as "Waltz", the season 1 ending, and "Split", the season 2 ending.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 6:26 am 
Regular

Well, Tank was definitely one of the more unique intros for an anime, but personally, I never liked it. :?

Aeria Gloris for GITS: Stand alone Complex is one that I like. For some unfathomable reason to me, I also really like Ai Chuuseishin, the intro for Excel Saga.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 1st, 2007, 9:21 am 

The Lucky Star OP when I first saw it sent me into a spasm of stoning drugness like I smoked weed(not that I ever smoked weed) or something. Colourful and dancing. Watched it repeatedly in unison.....

At any rate, I'm really digging the new Nanoha StrikerS OP. I hope the rest of the episodes are as intense as the OP2.