Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Anime You've Ever Seen? (Might Be Offensive)
PostPosted: December 15th, 2008, 12:03 am 
Major Contributor

I kinda liked One Piece when I first saw it, but now not so much. I'd only watched it on cartoon network, but I'm pretty sure somewhere along the way producers of the dub track they were airing changed voice actors, and the new VAs killed the show for me...

PostPosted: December 15th, 2008, 12:16 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
shgarland wrote:
I kinda liked One Piece when I first saw it, but now not so much. I'd only watched it on cartoon network, but I'm pretty sure somewhere along the way producers of the dub track they were airing changed voice actors, and the new VAs killed the show for me...

Unless I am mistaken, when 4kids lost (or sold) the rights and Funimation picked them up they dubbed it with a new voice cast. Though, I think you're the first person I have ever heard of who liked the original voices better (there was a lot of hate for the 4kids dub out there). Well, there's just a lot of hate for 4kids in general :lol:

PostPosted: December 15th, 2008, 5:07 am 
Major Contributor

I see your point about 4Kids (though I wouldn't have complained; I just don't mind admitting I've heard better), it makes total sense that Funimation picked up the license. I think they got Sonny Strait (the voice of Krillin from the DB titles) for Usopp. IMDB doesn't credit him for the series, but he was at least in One Piece The Movie: Episode of Arabasta. (I'm pretty sure he was Usopp in the series, too, though, IMDB's just jot giving him credit.) I don't much mind Sonny Strait, I just thought he was a better match for Krillin than for Usopp. The guy 4kids had voicing Usopp made more sense, I think... That's just me though.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2008, 8:13 am 

Worst show I've ever seen has to be Riskey Safety. It's just... just... too horrible for words. Might be funny for some pre-teen girls, but definitely not what AnimeNation was advertising it to be. But I sat through the whole thing, and managed to not commit seppeku afterwards, despite it being a mark of shame on my anime viewing record.

Close second is Urda: The Third Reich. Low budget CGI + big script cut down to fit a half hour = dreck.

PostPosted: December 18th, 2008, 9:41 am 
Newcomer

Shirogetsune wrote:
Close second is Urda: The Third Reich. Low budget CGI + big script cut down to fit a half hour = dreck.

I second that.

Such an interesting plot that could have been much better, but the entire show looks stupid because of the CGI.

PostPosted: January 2nd, 2009, 2:48 am 
Lurker

The worst anime i've seen was Street Fighter V.
Spoiler
Oh my god it just wasn't street fighter to me Ryu was not the traveling warrior that walks around the planet looking for strong warriors to fight, Ken was not his tenatious self like he was in the true Prequel to Street fighter 2 ( Street Fighter Alpha ) none of the charecters looked as should & while the animation was good, they kept useing some of the same animation over & over again. Why do they do that it hurts the show for me.
But this is just my thoughts hope i did not offened anyone. :(

PostPosted: January 19th, 2009, 9:18 pm 
Regular

Hey guys...popping in for a short bit to show that I'm not dead.

Okay, I take back every title that I have placed on this list. This winter break I watched two episodes of "Divergence Eve"...I know that others have commented on this show but I just have to say that "Divergence Eve" is simply a spectacle that is so bad that it tears at the very fiber of your soul. The character models are rather disgusting in my opinion, not for the giant breasts (though one must wonder how long it takes those girls to check for lumps), but more the bland designs and the weird shine that their skins have. The animation is bad and inconsistent (at times it actually looks good, while at other times it's only better than really cheap hentai titles. The cg is also abysmal (Duel Masters laughs at this show's cg). The plot might have had something going on, but the characters are so uninteresting, that I just didn't care. I could go on but there's little point in doing so...just stay far away...or bring some hard liquor and come up with some drinking games (like every time there's a gratuitous boob bounce or the show does a pan shot of the station's deck).

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 12:54 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Cab! You're alive! ZOMG!!! :shock: It's been ages since you have visited here! How's life treating ya? :D

Anyway, while I personally think Reign the Conqueror, Saiyuki, Peacemaker, and Ultimate Girls were the worst anime series ever, but compared to Eiken they're masterpieces in comparison to this turd. Eiken tries to parody the overabundance of fanservice and its 0ver-the-top nature that occurs in many anime titles, but instead it just became the very thing that they're trying to satirize. How ironic. I despise Eiken with every fiber of my being, both fibrous and non-fibrous to be exact. :evil:

PostPosted: January 20th, 2009, 10:32 am 
Regular

Gojira wrote:
Cab! You're alive! ZOMG!!! :shock: It's been ages since you have visited here! How's life treating ya? :D

Anyway, while I personally think Reign the Conqueror, Saiyuki, Peacemaker, and Ultimate Girls were the worst anime series ever, but compared to Eiken they're masterpieces in comparison to this turd. Eiken tries to parody the overabundance of fanservice and its 0ver-the-top nature that occurs in many anime titles, but instead it just became the very thing that they're trying to satirize. How ironic. I despise Eiken with every fiber of my being, both fibrous and non-fibrous to be exact. :evil:

I'm doing okay :wink: (cept for classes and jobhunting taking up a majority of my time).

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2009, 8:53 am 

Galaxy Fraulein Yuna might have scored many points in this section. I had some expectations on the series, I must confess, but it was plainly bad, a real loss of time. The plot was surprisingly dull, the characters are even more superficial than Slayers' secondaries and the in-jokes were plain. I mean, even if it is 1995, you can't expect that some sort of accelerated chivalry-novel plot attracts anybody, no matter how much yuri-spice you add to it. I admit I didn't watch the entire OVA's, I could only keep my patience with the first 3 before deleting the whole folder.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2009, 12:12 am 

You want worst? I know I already posted in this thread along time ago, but I need to change my vote. The worst anime of all time, Green Green. You think Eiken was bad HAHAHAHAHA that's art in comparison. There is paper thin plot, and I mean see threw damp paper with tons of holes. The voice acting is alright, the art is the only redeming factor and only just barely. Added to this the damn thing acts like a perverted 13 year old boy with ADD and you get utter disaster.

Next is Kashima Girl meets Girl. I picked this one up for five bucks and didn't read the back. I now know why it was for sale for 5 dollars. It's a piece of lesbian crap one should not come withing 100 miles of with out advanced bio hazzard training. The plot is a joke, the voice acting, is only in Japanese, no english dub, which would be fine if they didn't sound terrible.

Divergance Eve, Yeah, I can understand why you could hate that one if you've only seen the first two episodes. I recommend trying to finish the series. I thought it actually thought it got better as it went on. It turn into one of my favorites by the end. Now Divergance Eve Misaki Chronicles . . . now that truly deserves a nomination

Same for Sd Gundam. It is evil incarnate.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2009, 1:01 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
The Adict wrote:
The worst anime of all time, Green Green. You think Eiken was bad HAHAHAHAHA that's art in comparison. There is paper thin plot, and I mean see threw damp paper with tons of holes. The voice acting is alright, the art is the only redeming factor and only just barely. Added to this the damn thing acts like a perverted 13 year old boy with ADD and you get utter disaster.

Well, I imagine it's tough to beat Eiken as the worst anime ever, because I'm not so sure if a paper thin plot would top over, or fall down lower in this case, a series that features a 6th grade girl that has disgustingly, gianormous breasts at such a young age too. And I would like to point out...*sees Adict's opinion on Kashimashi* Wait a minute! *record player scratches, silencing the room* WTH is this?!?

The Adict wrote:
Next is Kashimashi Girl meets Girl. I picked this one up for five bucks and didn't read the back. I now know why it was for sale for 5 dollars. It's a piece of lesbian crap one should not come withing 100 miles of with out advanced bio hazzard training. The plot is a joke, the voice acting, is only in Japanese, no english dub, which would be fine if they didn't sound terrible.

WHAT?!?
*twitches in anger*
You say that Kashimashi... is one of the worst... anime... EVER?!?
Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like it when I get angry.
*transforms into the Hulk*
HULK SMASHES PUNY ADICT!!! HULK STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!
*transforms back to normal*

Sorry, I just couldn't control that, especially when someone is saying that Kashimashi (or any series that I'm a huge fan of for that matter) is awful. I think Kashimashi was an excellent series that was full of charm and is perhaps one of the best yuri titles out there (technically it's a gender-bender, but it does promote yuri themes in it so it counts in my book). Not only that, but it's also one of my favorite anime series ever. If you didn't like it and want to express your opinion on it, that's fine and I respect your opinion (despite being smashed by me). :lol2: I definitely know 42317 would completely disagree with your opinion, but he'll be more constructive about it... unlike me, which I'm less serious about it and the fact that the internet gives me all the powers I want and he doesn't. j/k :lol:

Btw, Kashimashi not only had a great plot and great voice acting by talented seiyu, but it had a lot of incredibly hilarious moments as well.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I felt that I should tag these pics as spoiler, because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who intends to watch Kashimashi in all its glory.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2009, 5:34 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Next is Kashimashi - Girl meets Girl. I picked this one up for five bucks and didn't read the back. I now know why it was for sale for 5 dollars. It's a piece of lesbian crap one should not come withing 100 miles of with out advanced bio hazzard training.

I'm sorry you didn't like it. There's no action and it's generally a light-hearted comedy, yes, with strong Yuri overtones. Not for everyone I suppose. I found it... what's the word... oh yeah: "lovely". :D
And furthermore... if you buy just anything just because it looks like a bargain without checking what it's all about I will blame most of your frustration on yourself.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 1:05 pm 
Newcomer

Kiddy Grade it was boring

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 4:02 pm 
Post Master

magicalgirlj wrote:
Kiddy Grade it was boring

If you're going to tell us what your worst anime is, you should tell us more than that. Otherwise you're just going to add blank space to these threads.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next