Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 12:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Anime You've Ever Seen? (Might Be Offensive)
PostPosted: July 7th, 2008, 10:16 pm 
Newcomer

What Spirited Away was awesome as well as Nausicaa. No way did you not understand the movie or were you in a bad mood. Go watch them again because you shouldn't hate them no matter what.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 8:06 am 

Divergence Eve and Tales of Eternia. Both were unbearable enough to make me leave them unfinished.

Divergence Eve was a sort of spaceship-action thingy, with a squad of girls. Thing is, every girl in the series had tits larger thn their heads... I wouldn't oppose that if that did have any sense, or something... nevertheless, I didn't ever find it. Besides, the fights were lame and the plot was erratic. Thank God it wasn't paid.

I didn't like Tales of Eternia for it being a loadof fanservice with a excuse of story taken from the RPG. I'm really pissed off when you just make a bunch of crap using a well-known name.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 3:53 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Sorry for necro posting here, but I have thought up of some anime that I thought were the worst ones I have ever seen.

Reign the Conqueror: Ugh. The visuals are an assault to the eyes, since virtually all the characters are ugly as hell. They weren't appealing to look at, they're painful dull, and have redeeming qualities whatsoever. The concept was kinda cool, which it's a re-imagination of the life of Alexander the Great in a sci-fi/fantasy setting, but it was poorly executed altogether all thanks to the terrible animation style and horrendous dialogue. I haven't seen all of it and if I did, I'd probably would've regretted wasting my precious time watching this abomination to anime.

Saiyuki: Oh for the love of Pete! Do I need to repeat myself on this one?!? Rrrgh. Why not? OK I do admit the animation quality was very well done, rather fantastically I say, a fairly decent plot and it had an appealing fantasy setting that would make this anime good, right? Wrong! The characters are absolutely uninteresting (well to me they are) incredibly lame. The fights were rather forgettable for the most part, since they were mostly just cutaways anyway. Plus when the demons die, they just disintegrate into particles rather than explode into a bloody mess (now that would have been cooler). Even though it's considered as a shonen anime, but I think the characters are drawn to be all yaoi-ish which is more appealing to a female audience. Blech! :vomit: I'm glad I didn't finish the series and I probably lose my mind if I continue to do so.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 5:02 pm 
Post Master

As my initial post in this thread was uneducated, I'm going to change my answer to FLCL. Pokemon is clearly better.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 6:10 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
As my initial post in this thread was uneducated, I'm going to change my answer to FLCL. Pokemon is clearly better.

Straight to my heart...but I do agree that FLCL is something only a few people can really enjoy.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 7:05 pm 
Resident Scholar

I do love FLCL.
It's so ingeniously mad... it's hard to put into words why I love it so much. :mrgreen:
It's more an emotion than reason.

PostPosted: August 25th, 2008, 10:13 pm 

42317 wrote:
I do love FLCL.
It's so ingeniously mad... it's hard to put into words why I love it so much. :mrgreen:
It's more an emotion than reason.

:clap:

I agree. It just makes me happy to watch it and I really can not explain why. The animation also is some of my favorite ever.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2008, 8:24 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Mmsven wrote:

Irony.

Yeah, uh no. FLCL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pokemon

I haven't seen FLCL in ages, but from I remembered it was sure crazy as hell. I do like it a lot, but I had to warm up to it first. I think FLCL is the kind of series you either love it or hate it.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2008, 12:59 am 
Post Master

I love how everyones saying "its awesome cause its crazy", and "its love it or hate it", then you go on to care about what I think about it by replying. I've never gotten this much attention in a long time. I wonder if any FLCL fan could actually say something thats actually good about it, since I do not find "crazy" to be a positive quality, but more of something to catch the attention of teenagers with ADD. Anybody could make up some shit like that. It's not love it or hate it, just look at the ratings it gets. It saddens me that most people do not appreciate quality.

Also, just to clear something that may not be obvious, I don't include some series I've only watched 1 episode of to be in this equation. I usually do not completely watch trash, but FLCL was an exception since I was actually expecting something good.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2008, 1:54 am 
Regular

I don't know Mmsven, I like FLCL because it tries to put a slight spin on the old "coming of age" tale. The main character has a lot of issues that he has to deal with and matures (slightly) throughout the series. Yeah, I realize that the series was more along the lines of cramming incongruity and quick jokes down the viewer's throats in order to be humorous (which I personally enjoyed), but the main character actually had more depth than quite a few anime characters. Yeah, that's the only good thing I can think of aside from some of my favorite scenes (I realize that it's a weak argument, but I thought I might point it out).

Anyway:

Dragon Half: If I could erase any period of time from my life, watching this piece of dreck would be right up there with getting braces and posing for family photos. The animation is crap, the jokes are infantile, and there isn't even a conclusion....

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: August 27th, 2008, 12:24 pm 

Cab329 wrote:
I don't know Mmsven, I like FLCL because it tries to put a slight spin on the old "coming of age" tale. The main character has a lot of issues that he has to deal with and matures (slightly) throughout the series.

Same here. I also have a love for any kind of story(anime, live action, books) that puts a everyday character and turn the world upside down on them, forcing them to grow up and change rather than lead a meaningless life.

Quote:
the main character actually had more depth than quite a few anime characters.

Very true indeed and if you watch the whole series you can see how much depth that some of the characters have. I would much rather watch an anime that you really have to think about in order to understand it, then to watch a mindless one.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2008, 2:55 pm 
Post Master

zero_chaos wrote:
Same here. I also have a love for any kind of story(anime, live action, books) that puts a everyday character and turn the world upside down on them, forcing them to grow up and change rather than lead a meaningless life.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Evangelion? I recall that the life of the kid in FLCL was always meaningless.

Quote:
matures (slightly) throughout the series
Yes, very slightly.

Quote:
the main character actually had more depth than quite a few anime characters.
I always thought depth involved actual character development rather than shoving a characters emotion down our throat.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2008, 4:16 pm 
Regular

there are quite a few choices that i disagree with, no surprise there. i will spare you people and not go that route. although there is one that has my full support. it is the worst!
Bloodfairy wrote:
Divergence Eve was a sort of spaceship-action thingy, with a squad of girls. Thing is, every girl in the series had tits larger thn their heads... I wouldn't oppose that if that did have any sense, or something... nevertheless, I didn't ever find it. Besides, the fights were lame and the plot was erratic. Thank God it wasn't paid.
breasts that defy gravity and just bounce around as if they are in some sort of separate bouncy universe... i do not remember but there could also be the bizarre on the floor camera angles in that one. most likely. they come together like pb and jelly in this sort of series...

PostPosted: August 27th, 2008, 5:23 pm 

Mmsven wrote:
Are you sure you're not thinking of Evangelion? I recall that the life of the kid in FLCL was always meaningless.

Well, I really had problems with Evangelion since the main character was uninteresting and annoying. All of the FLCL characters had a story and were interesting.

Everything has meaning, you just have to look for the meaning sometimes.

PostPosted: August 27th, 2008, 6:59 pm 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
I wonder if any FLCL fan could actually say something thats actually good about it

I like the characters, their interactions, their relationships, and even the character design. In my opinion they are whacky in a way that makes them amusing, thus I'm having fun watching the show, and that's all I ask.

Cab329 wrote:
Dragon Half: If I could erase any period of time from my life, watching this piece of dreck would be right up there with getting braces and posing for family photos. The animation is crap, the jokes are infantile, and there isn't even a conclusion....

"Dreck"? Where'd you stumble across that term???

Uh, anyways, I thought Dragon Half it had likable characters, but it's supposed to be a light comedy, so there would hardly be really intelligent jokes rather than slapstick and bad wordplays. It's like a fan for your head. You press the play button and the show will enter through your right ear and leave through your left ear without stirring any complications. This easy consumption has a relaxing effect since no brains are required, and it works fine for me. :lol:
And last but not least it was never finished. What's there was never supposed to be all, if I'm not mistaken.
Apart from that it has Mitsuishi Kotono in the lead role and her Tamagoyaki song is still one of my all-time favorites.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next