Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2007, 7:52 pm 
Post Master

The Adict wrote:
Hey I hate One piece too! :shock: I thought everbody loved that show.

I watched a few episodes of it on tv a long time ago, I thought it was stupid, and the characters look too cartoony. I also congratulate anyone who can get through the 120 hours of play time (I calculated) and keep their sanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 24th, 2007, 5:22 pm 

So in other words the only people that like it are th young, are anime noobs. That makes me feel better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 26th, 2007, 11:17 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
42317 wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:
Vandred (...) it was fairly good series.

"Fairly good" is seldom good enough.

I think we have different definitions of fairly good :D

The Adict wrote:
So in other words the only people that like it are th young, are anime noobs. That makes me feel better.

lol, thank you for generalizing everyone that likes a certain anime series into the category of being a noob...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 27th, 2007, 12:38 am 
Regular

Okay, the Adict, we're here to just voice our opinions on anime, not the people who watch it.

Anyway, there were a couple of animes I thought of

POSSIBLE SPOILERS

Kannazuki no miko- To be honest, I like the lush animations, the catchy opening and closing, and the funny scene at the end of the first episode. It's a shoujo-ai, and it was my first experience with the genre, but that isn't what made it bad; the "For some reason" bits are what fricked it up for me.

For example: In the first episode, the students' comments lead you to believe that they have no problem with a lesbian relationship, yet "For some reason" Chikane keeps having trouble with admitting her feelings because of how people would look at it.

The dude in the series is originally fighting for the enemy, yet Himeko can power his robot up..."For some reason"

There's more, like the backstory scenes that explain nothing, and only raise more questions (like the one that's supposed to explain why Himeko does'nt like having her hair cut, or all the villain back storys).

Add that to the fact the characters are annoying as hell:

Himeko: I'm so weak, I can't do anything, why are you doing this?
that dude: Himeko! Himeko! Himeko! Brother! (not to mention he gives his attacks very stupid names).
Chikane: I'm weak but I must be strong while being weak-willed...I wish Himeko would kill me so I don't have to kill her....I know! RAPING TIME!

Not to mention, the fights and villains suck. One hit from the hero usually solves the fight, and there's only one villain that puts up a fight. The ending is cliche in my opinion. It is only twelve episodes though...

Lupin III: Missed by a Dollar

I love Lupin III movies, and when watching them, you are sure to get a set of things which allow you to base its overall worth:

1.Chase scenes
2.Fight Scenes
3.Lupin Girl
4.Humor
5. Villains
6. Treasure
7.Heist scenes

So here's how Missed by a Dollar stacks up:

1. Chase scenes were boring
2. Fight scenes-lame at best, and very few.
3.: One of the girls is also a villain, and she's very tame for an anime villain. She's a business woman who wants to start a war so her company can make money (Never heard that one :roll: ). She also supposedly has a crush on Lupin, but you never see any development on that.

The other Girl in the Movie is a club singer who has no real importance till the very end.

4. The movie does have some humor, the final scene of the movie is funny, and there are other small instances, like the way Lupin escapes Zenigata in the auction hall, but nothing that will bust a gut.

5: The other Villain is a Russian mercenary. He does shoot Lupin, but he has to be the lamest villain in the history of the Lupin series.

6: Compared to all the treasures the crew go after, this one is pitiful. It's a brooch that gives the wearer luck, and was apparently worn by famous world leaders who could'nt hold on to it. Wow....that's...moving on-

7: The skyscraper heist is okay, though it's just Goemon cutting floor after floor of a skyscraper. The hospital heist where they go after the treasure is weak at best.

It fails...plain and simple

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 29th, 2007, 3:33 pm 

First let me say, I wasn't judgeing 'people'. For awhile I thought I was wierd becuase I hated one piece, have gotten bored with naruto and thought Bleach was okay but nothing special. This is shortly before I started running into supposed Legendaries that I thought were either average or Garbage. Oh La here and there and Goddan and half dozen others. While at the same time thinking series like Rumbling Hearts that a lot of people didn't like I absolutely loved. then I realized most of the pople that had the opposite oppion were either younger then 16 orwere new to anime.

You have to admit that both groups tend to have opposite oppions then we the older then 16 and experienced anime views do. Or as some noobs call it, the otakuized people.

Mini rant, to all noobs, don't blame us that our tastes are different then yours. Why do our tastes differ? Because we have a deeper and better understanding of Japanese culture and history. Such as cousins having romantic relationship don't freack us outthat much. You'll understand if you stick with it for awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 29th, 2007, 11:53 pm 

I've been watching anime for quite a while, and I absolutely loved Godannar. Although I am relatively new to the Super Robot genre for that matter, although I have established roots in the Real Robot genre. And I'm 19.

Some animes do take some understanding of Japanese culture and history... which is kinda gained from watching more anime, but I wouldn't go around labeling people as anime noobs or whatever. Different people like different stuff. There are people who have been watching anime for ages but don't like robots. Its also a big matter of preference. Some people just don't like robots, and some people don't like overdone dramas. Sometimes its just not a matter of how long you've been watching anime for. As well as what the hell you were in the mood for. (I was playing Super Robot Wars Original Generations and designing/drawing a bunch of mechs, so when I watched Godannar, I was just so in the mood for some mad screaming and move name calling then.)

So pretty much you are kinda judging people, and heralding your tastes and whoever agrees with you as 'experienced anime viewers' and everybody else as noobs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 30th, 2007, 12:54 am 
Post Master

The Adict wrote:
Mini rant, to all noobs, don't blame us that our tastes are different then yours.

From what I can see, you are blaming them for having different tastes, even though no one else is blaming you on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 1:43 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
This will be the last post with regards to The Adict's comments, so after it lets try and refocus this thread on the things we hate :lol:

Just remember all people have different tastes and different guilty pleasures, and even while you may think something is not that good, this does not mean that people that like it must be noobs. They simply have different preferences, and while having seen a lot may make you more knowledgeable in that respect, or growing older may change your tastes to more adult titles, it does not make your tastes better than others, or visa versa. A persons tastes are not right or wrong, they simply are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 12:11 pm 

No I want one last time to defend myself. But Storm Shinobi, stupid question with all honesty even though you love Goddanar, would you claim it to be the best anime of all time? I'm just saying the people who are newer to anime have a bad habit of going off the deep end in their praise, that's all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 1st, 2007, 7:46 pm 

Everybody does that, so just don't take it too seriously. Theres plenty of people who thought Evangelion was the best thing ever until they watched more, then there are the people who still think its the best thing ever, and then theres the people who don't even like it at all. You're just taking people's over reactive, possibly half serious praises and comments way too seriously. Just calm down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2007, 11:48 am 

Fine will do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2007, 2:27 pm 
Newcomer

hikaru no go
yugioh
gundam

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 5th, 2007, 3:32 pm 

WHAT!!!!!! GUNDAM!!?
Okay Koihime, which gundam series are you talking about? There are dozens of different series, and some of them I would have to agree with you on, caugh *SD* cough

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 6:26 am 
Resident Scholar

koihime wrote:
hikaru no go
yugioh
gundam

You could at least offer some explanation for your dislikes... I don't mean to question or bully you or anything, but naming just the titles is, well, stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 7th, 2007, 11:45 am 

Agreed, this is a forum speak! Dude SPEAK! We want to know why you hate those series, especially Gundam, give us detail!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next