Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 1:42 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2007, 12:24 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:
That's true but also in part I think because little little kids start watching it because their older siblings or school mates do and thus when the older fans stop watching it there is still a large renewed fanbase. Kinda like Power Rangers.

This is true. I think a new Power Rangers series is out every year, though. That helps things along for that franchise, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 6th, 2007, 10:17 am 

True, power ranger is now a franchise, each season having its own story line and characters instead of a cotinuation. wish they would do that with pokemon, Ash needs to grow up and hook up with Misty already! Then they make the show about their kid or something. Outside of being made for kids the thing that ticked me off is that Ash's skill never seem to advance, you would think by now Pikachu would be maxed out in level and could fry everything! Like mine is on the game I own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2007, 10:27 am 

So far the worst anime I've come across besides the mindless hash meant for kids would have to be Virus Buster Serge. It was so forgettable, that I can only really remember how bad and boring it was.

I vaguely recall a cast of muscular men and annoying girls and a plot that was eerily similar to Bubblegum Crisis. Anyhow it was so tedious I didn't get past the first few episodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 7th, 2007, 5:22 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
As for Pokemon, the games are fun, the series is boring old

I liked the first season very much. Just when it became clear that it would have an end that allowed for unlimited sequels (= no end) it was all downhill from there. Pokemon is a nice concept that has grown out of any reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 17th, 2007, 9:05 pm 
Regular

1. Mouse- Thief with three sexy girls backing him up steal things. Should have been a sinch right? Well, it fell right on its face, as each episode is only 15 minutes (including opening and closing), making the twelve episodes you get seem like a bad deal (and the whole show only costs twenty bucks). Add this to the fact it has the most annoying opening and closing you've heard (IMO), the fact that over half the series is setup, and the fact it feels like a hentai without sex, and you've got yourself one craptastic show.

2. Eichen club-It was kinda funny, but the characters were really annoying. Plus the sheer size of the girls' mammories nearly made me barf.

3. Boogiepop phantom- They had a marathon on Anime unleashed back in the day, and after four episodes I felt like the life had been sucked out of me.

Dr. Insane-o

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 12:46 am 
Major Contributor

Cab329 wrote:
1. Mouse- Thief with three sexy girls backing him up steal things. Should have been a sinch right? Well, it fell right on its face, as each episode is only 15 minutes (including opening and closing), making the twelve episodes you get seem like a bad deal (and the whole show only costs twenty bucks). Add this to the fact it has the most annoying opening and closing you've heard (IMO), the fact that over half the series is setup, and the fact it feels like a hentai without sex, and you've got yourself one craptastic show.

Is there an uncut version of Mouse? I figure 15 minutes is about right, since each complete volume ran about 90 minutes total. I think the company that released this version is the same one that released Kite's edited form in America.

I dunno if it matters though. Made up a list of titles I have in my collection, and if I wanted to order that list by what I like best, Mouse ranks pretty low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 8:06 am 
Resident Scholar

Cab329 wrote:
Boogiepop phantom - They had a marathon on Anime unleashed back in the day, and after four episodes I felt like the life had been sucked out of me.

I liked Boogiepop Phantom. For the twisted story and for the voice acting.
Just don't ask for details - it's been a while... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 18th, 2007, 9:53 am 
Newcomer

@ 42317 u like all anime don't you :idea:

btw what is the meaning of 42317 is it a lottery number :?:

by the time you read this
my forehead are being target by grammar & spelling nazi

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 6:44 am 
Resident Scholar

Action Kamen wrote:
42317 u like all anime don't you

Haha, I like many shows, but by far not all.
Like, I don't like "Higurashi", which many of my Anime acquaintances find unbelievable.
I do not like "Vandread" or "One Piece", to name other examples, and to mark myself as a paria, I will admit that I do not like "PLANETES" at all.

Action Kamen wrote:
btw what is the meaning of 42317 is it a lottery number :?:

I realize, like Lone Outlaw, that I should make a thread about myself in the "Introductions" forum. Soon.

In short:
It is a number that is written on my dog tags.
No, I'm not a soldier, I kept the tags for sentimental reasons when I quit the army 8 years ago.
The number is made up of the number of my defense district "4", the number of my draft board "231" and I happened to be examinee "7" on the day I was called up, which I find good, because I consider 7 my lucky number (being born on the 14th of July in 77). :D
The number is spelled "four-two-three-one-seven".

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 7:59 am 
Newcomer

four two three one seven, give me push up 100 times

by the time you read this
my forehead are being target by grammar & spelling nazi

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 11:37 am 

Hey I hate One piece too! :shock: I thought everbody loved that show. I hate for it childishness, lack of amount things happening in each episode, the way it drags and drags and drags. Vandread, eh, it had potential but it fell short. Like a lot of anime recently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 8:58 pm 

The Adict wrote:
Hey I hate One piece too! :shock: I thought everybody loved that show. I hate for it childishness, lack of amount things happening in each episode, the way it drags and drags and drags. Vandread, eh, it had potential but it feel short. Like a lot of anime recently.

I agree about Vandread, very disappointing, when I first watched the first episode I thought that for sure the series would be an awesome comedy, and nope, they decided to go sci-fi.
On the other hand ....One Piece is one fine piece of art, of course I'm referring to the manga, the anime i stopped watching years ago, there were way too many fillers. The story is very well developed. And it does get serious, but there is always a good amount of humor, and I'm inclined to watch/read series that make me laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 20th, 2007, 11:58 pm 

Vandread looked sci-fi from the very start though. It was obviously gonna descend into space fights with many beams and missiles. Which I enjoyed thoroughly anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2007, 3:48 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
I'm with Storm on Vandred, I liked the Sci-fi aspect, and I liked the setting of the men and women living on different planets and such. My only problems with Vandred really was that the relationship didn't go anywhere, the characters didn't really evolve much, and the not so great CG during the space fights. Other than that I thought it was fairly good series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 21st, 2007, 10:08 am 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
Vandred (...) it was fairly good series.

"Fairly good" is seldom good enough. One thing is I just hate CGs (when they're too obvious).
The topic of men and women being alienated from each other is indeed interesting, but I've already seen that in Macross. It gave Vandread the air of a harem in space, the lead female character was a nuisance, and after the first half it was pretty clear to me that there would not be much development in any way, so I asked my host to let us watch something else. I was too bored with all that (despite Fumiko's lovely voice...). :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next