Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Worst Anime You've Ever Seen? (Might Be Offensive)
PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 6:29 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
magicalgirlj wrote:
Kiddy Grade it was boring

As Mmsven said, do try and talk a bit more about what is was you disliked. You don't have to write a ton, but something that gives a clearer picture of what you disliked to, ya know, maybe forester a discussion about it :P2:

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 7:26 am 
Newcomer

buzzer beater is the recent one i saw

the story was poorly written and the characters are so boring

PostPosted: July 6th, 2009, 5:49 pm 
Resident Scholar

Hahaha, as soon as contests are on some lurkers show up. :lol:

PostPosted: July 8th, 2009, 12:26 am 

It would be Final Fantasy Unlimited. For reasons please see the What Are You Watching Now Thread as i listed a nice paragraph of why this show is just horrible. :d-_-b:

PostPosted: July 8th, 2009, 5:36 am 

I am a painfull 6 episodes away from finishing FF:U. And while it isn't good (at all), it's not the worst I've seen.

Risky Safety is a brutal 26 episode affair with no redeeming values. It's only bright point it the episodes are 10 minutes.
Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer is horrible, just talked about it in the anime watching thread.
Urda: The Third Reich is a laughable attempt at CGI driven anime.
Sin: The Movie is based off an equally bad video game.
Black Lion might be Go Nagi, but it is a waste of an hour or so.
Ariel is one of the few anime I've ever rated "Worst Ever." It's... it's.... just bad. It actually ends with a normal person grabbing/punching/flicking a falling space station back into space, therefor adverting the end of the world. And while it is a comedy, technically, it comes off as more of a serious sci-fi. Just... bad.

And lastly, the controversial one: Unless you REALLY like The Journey West, Saiyuki is a waste of time. Havn't seen past season one, but it's a shounen format with yaoi subtlties without any real shounen action. Fights are god awful, plot goes nowhere (stories are mostly one shots that either don't matter, fights between the rivals where no one dies, or backstory - which is pretty interesting, but doesn't show up till the end of the serires.) Oh! And did I mention you get all this at the "introductory" pacing of 50 freaking episodes? And guess what? There are still two more seasons! *gags, dies*

The movie that follows season one is actually quite good though. Go figure.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2009, 6:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Sword for Truth - An hour of plotholes, boring one-sided fights, and pointless (depending how you look at it :wink: ) hanky panky scenes.

PostPosted: July 8th, 2009, 10:46 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Shirogetsune wrote:
And lastly, the controversial one: Unless you REALLY like The Journey West, Saiyuki is a waste of time. Havn't seen past season one, but it's a shounen format with yaoi subtlties without any real shounen action. Fights are god awful, plot goes nowhere (stories are mostly one shots that either don't matter, fights between the rivals where no one dies, or backstory - which is pretty interesting, but doesn't show up till the end of the serires.) Oh! And did I mention you get all this at the "introductory" pacing of 50 freaking episodes? And guess what? There are still two more seasons! *gags, dies*

I feel your pain, man and I agree with every single word you've said. I remember sitting through this piece of garbage at my anime club at college and I only sat through it just so that I can see awesomely entertaining mecha/fanservice-fest known as Godannar. As I said before, watching Saiyuki is as much fun as watching wet paint dry, which dry perfectly describes the characters and the story really well. I wish Nebula from Betterman came in and use his Psycho Voice to wipe out all the characters in Saiyuki into oblivion. :twisted:

With that said, I still think Eiken is an atrocity to mankind. If only I had the Infinity Gauntlet, I would just erase Eiken out of existance.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2009, 9:39 am 
Major Contributor

Dangaioh - Attractive female designs couldn't save this 3 episode OVA series from crashing and burning. First sad thing is that the closest i believe one will ever get to viewing it in complete form would be watching it when in Japan, since for some reason some idiot over at Manga thought that editing the whole first episode into a 10 minute "Prologue" would me more fun. :wtf: Another sad bit is it's incomplete ending (nothing says that better than the fact that episode 3 had a "Part 1" in it's title), and it's actually one of those incidents where it's the creator/director's fault (Toshihiro Hirano openly admitted that he had run out of ideas by the time episode 3 came around :roll: ).

PostPosted: August 17th, 2009, 11:04 pm 
Newcomer

i have 3 worst because they are at a tie at the moment one is

1. the 4 kids edition of One Piece. the amount they cut out could metaphorically kill a horse.
2. Negima. the only reason i absolutely hate this anime is because is derails from the manga so much it isn't funny and all i've ever wanted to see is the fight between Negi and Professor Takahata which it never had.
3. Death Note's Ending. i liked everything except the ending were they replaced the mangas ending and switch it to a more Light non crazy rant ending.(i liked that rant)

PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 4:37 pm 

Gamegodtre wrote:
1. the 4 kids edition of One Piece. the amount they cut out could metaphorically kill a horse.

Extremely true, I remember seeing an image of a character smoking a cigaritte in the uncut, and it was replaced with a candy cane in the cut. :d-_-b:

Hmm, not sure if I have posted in this thread before but here goes.

Big O. Felt like a rip off of the old batman cartoon.

Neon Genesis Evangelion. Extremely overated. The dubs were probably the most horrible dubs I have heard.

Tekken: The Motion Picture
. Lame, just a Street Fighter want-a-be. Story had some plot holes too, from what I remember.

Gilgamesh. All around bad series. I only watched a few episodes but from reading around the internet, it never got better.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 5:58 pm 
Major Contributor

zero_chaos wrote:
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Extremely overated. The dubs were probably the most horrible dubs I have heard..

:shock:

:O.O:

HOW DARE YOU?!

I'll let it go, but i really am sad that people nowadays just can't grasp what a masterpiece Eva was and STILL is. What is it, is it the religious babble that people can't keep up with? Is it that the Eva Units look ugly?

I'm gonna go off into a little corner and cry... :cry: Wake me when someone who DOES appreciate the beauty of this epic saga graces the board with his/her presence!!!

PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 6:36 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
zero_chaos wrote:
Big O. Felt like a rip off of the old batman cartoon.

C'mon now...Zero, my friend, my buddy, my pal, my chump, my amigo.

Big O isn't a bad series at all. Sure, the animation between Big O and Batman: The Animated Series are similar, but you have to realize that the creator of Big O was INSPIRED by Timm Bruce's artwork for Batman:TAS. Also, the series paralells that of the Batman series as well, which is nice actually.

Well if ya didn't like it, then that's fine. I was just surprised by your pick. That's all.

Neon Genesis is an incredible series, but I agree that it's EXTREMELY overrated and people seem to read way too much into it and try to come up with any "meanings" or "messages" that aren't there in the first place.

As for the topic, I still say Eiken is still the worst anime ever and scarred me for life.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 6:44 pm 
Major Contributor

Gojira wrote:
Neon Genesis is an incredible series, but I agree that it's EXTREMELY overrated and people seem to read way too much into it and try to come up with any "meanings" or "messages" that aren't there in the first place.

Eva may be a lot of things but it ain't overrated. I agree that people keep coming up with tons of conspiracy theories to this day, but i guess why i adore Eva so much is because i go with the flow, keep moving ahead with the story and believe whatever theory i find to be the most convincing. I may be taking all this pro-Eva promoting a bit too fanatically, but theorizing is one fanatical way of life i don't go insane over and would need constant weekly visits to the shrink that i'm sure those who do waste their time overanalyzing the little things most probably are.

PostPosted: August 18th, 2009, 7:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

zero_chaos wrote:
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Extremely overated. The dubs were probably the most horrible dubs I have heard.

I didn't find the dub so bad... there could have been a better choice than Spike Spencer, okay, but the others were not that bad I think. I liked the performance of Allison Keith... although that might be due to the fact that I find such dry voices pretty sexy. :sweat:
As strange as I find Tiffany Grant's personality I like her Asuka interpretation. Miyamura Yûko did a better job in voicing Asuka's pending hubris, but Grant had a freakish pitch that also suited the character.
Kendra Benham wasn't half bad as Maya (although it seemingly was her only role and maybe she got it because she is Spencer's wife?), and Sue Ulu's Ritsuko was also not bad imho.
Amanda Winn... Rei... I find it hard saying something about her since Rei was not such a big talker. I can't think of any bad points that I would have noticed, so I guess she did well enough for me. :D

G-Core wrote:
zero_chaos wrote:
Neon Genesis Evangelion. Extremely overated.
i really am sad that people nowadays just can't grasp what a masterpiece Eva was and STILL is.

Shin Seiki Evangelion is, I think, one of the best series out there, but it is not the end of all Anime history as some people believe who compare everything to an Evangelion standard that they came up with in their ignorant heads.

PostPosted: August 19th, 2009, 1:05 am 

G-Core wrote:
I'll let it go, but i really am sad that people nowadays just can't grasp what a masterpiece Eva was and STILL is. What is it, is it the religious babble that people can't keep up with? Is it that the Eva Units look ugly?

The animation is fine, and I quite enjoyed the action. Shinji is what I can not get passed. He is a loser and a weakling. He complained about everything and to watch him was quite painful. Because I could not relate to the main character, the series was bad, IMO. I really did enjoyed the other characters and the story. In fact I would love for the story to be retold, with a stronger main character.

Blame Shinji for making me dislike NGE.

Gojira wrote:
C'mon now...Zero, my friend, my buddy, my pal, my chump, my amigo.

:lol2: Sorry Gojira. I really tried to like it. At the time it came out(on either adult swim or toonami) I had no way of watching anime other than cartoon network. So every time one would come out on tv I would really try to enjoy it. Sadly, Big O was just too average and (like you said) paralleled Batman way too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next