Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April 11th, 2007, 10:15 am 

Now i found that Oran host club got kinda boring, mean I've only read the manga but the constant stupidity just got on my nerves by volume 3. I guess I'm not that big of a fan of straight out comedy series.

And yes I agree that alot of the jokes featured in anime lately are starting to get so repeditive that their not even funny. Mean how many times does a guy need to get punched, kicked and called a pervert for just being a normal guy or klutz before it's just not funny anymore. Me I reached that point a long time ago. Anime needs new and better jokes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 19th, 2007, 7:44 pm 

Just remembered also Cromartie School High...ha...that gave me a few laughs too...especially since they were all supposed to be 16 and they looked like 30 :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: April 20th, 2007, 12:57 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The Adict wrote:
And yes I agree that alot of the jokes featured in anime lately are starting to get so repeditive that their not even funny. Mean how many times does a guy need to get punched, kicked and called a pervert for just being a normal guy or klutz before it's just not funny anymore. Me I reached that point a long time ago. Anime needs new and better jokes.

I agree with that point as well. They need to stop relying on these old gags that have gotten really repetitive over the years. After a while you just start to think that they can't come up with anything else!

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 30th, 2007, 10:06 am 

I can't believe after all this time nobodies braught ub Nadesco easily one of the funniest anything ever made. Mean you have a twelve year old going around calling everybody idoits, and a father that can't shut up about how well endowed his daughter is, and a guy that all the girls like that doesn't even have a clue! Not to mention there only a hand full of the old anime standby gags.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 10:52 am 
Resident Scholar

"Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu!" is the funniest Anime show I have seen so far.
The rugby team episode made me laugh so hard my head hurt and I even fell of my couch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 2nd, 2007, 11:07 pm 

I'd have to agree, Full Metal Panic Fumoffu might just be the funniest Anime I've ever seen. Close second comes Excel Saga, followed by Golden Boy. 8)

However, Best Student Council is getting funnier and funnier with every episode, so that might soon become the funniest show. :mrgreen: We'll see, I guess. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2007, 9:39 am 
Resident Scholar

AMDS wrote:
followed by Golden Boy

That's a funny series, true. But I would have liked it better without all the overblown sexual implications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2007, 10:39 am 

42317, I have some advice for you. If you don't like fan service then DON'T WATCH ECHII TITLES!! It's that simple. Golden Boy, Ikki Toushen, Mouse, Najica these are all Echii titles, their main purpose in existance is to entertain men while displaying as much as a woman's anatomi as possible et used to it! Though I am surprised that a guy would have a problem with it but eh. Everybody's different I guess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 5th, 2007, 11:27 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
42317, I have some advice for you. If you don't like fan service then DON'T WATCH ECHII TITLES!!

My personality is not that shallow you know. 8)
Actually I like several Hentai titles, maybe not so much "Princess 69", but "Midnight Panther" or "Mailorder Maiden" (aka "The Dutch Wife"), the pre-apocalyptic parts of "Urotsukidouji", "End of Summer", "Kite", "Mezzo Forte", "Countdown Stories" or "Cool Devices".

It's not easy to explain.
I don't mind Anime being sexually implicit or explicit.
What I mind is non-hentai Anime being saturated with such things like panty shots.
I don't mind a panty shot every hour or so, but when fan service becomes the major contents of the show, instead of a story/the characters/action what-have-you, it's becoming a nuisance.
I want to watch either Hentai or non-Hentai, but not something inbetween.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 10:49 am 

Again, that is exactly what Echii titles are, an imbetween Hentai and non-Hentai. So again if you don't want a show concerned solly with fan fair with mild concern with plot and character develpoement then don't watch Echii titles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 11:18 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
that is exactly what Echii titles are, an imbetween Hentai and non-Hentai.

I can't support that opinion and I'm not assuming you were an idiot just for having a different one.

What you transcribe as "Echii" is the Japanese interpretation of the (English) letter "H" - which is (in Japanese Anime/media terms) nothing more or less than the abbreviation for the English transcription of 変態, i.e. "Hentai".
"Hentai" and "Echii" is therefore the same thing.

I wouldn't believe it either in the beginning, but, trust me, I've been studying that stuff for several years now. :D
"SailorMoon" has a three-digit number of pantyshots in its 200 episodes - does that make it an "H" title? Hell, no...
Is "Agent Aika" an "H" title? Yes, it is - because the sexy fanservice (as mild as it is compared to hardcore stuff) is the central purpose of the show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 2:23 pm 
Regular

i am going to have to agree with mr. numberman.
even Full Metal Panic has panty shots, i think. is that considered an echi series?
i am fine with nudity, it is the idea of looking up skirts without the girl knowing that i find offensive... the presentation bothers me. and i liked Popotan! immensely!

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 6:15 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
dbd_addict wrote:
even Full Metal Panic has panty shots, i think. is that considered an echi series?

No, FMP wouldn't be considered ecchi, it might be classified as chotto ecchi, or having slight sexual themes. However, since they are few and far between, and they don't usually accompany sexual innuendo, I don't know if that would really be a correct term to use either.

dbd_addict wrote:
i am fine with nudity, it is the idea of looking up skirts without the girl knowing that i find offensive... the presentation bothers me. and i liked Popotan! immensely!

Whether you are looking up their skirts or at them naked, they still don't know you're there :wink:

On this point, which we have talked about in another thread, I don't mind fan service unless it is the point of the show, at which point the show becomes just an excuse to find camera angels to show some panties, and loses any sort of plot/depth it might have had going for it if they had just focused their efforts elsewhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 6:23 am 
Newcomer

Agent Aika
Canvas
Golden Boy
Mouse TV Series
Najica: Blitz Tactic
Popotan
Tenjou Tenge
Yumeria

all above are ecchi
:x
the purpose i made this thread is use your preference for me to buy that kind of anime not ecchi
:x
damn sukebe :twisted:

by the time you read this
my forehead are being target by grammar & spelling nazi

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 9th, 2007, 11:51 am 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:
No, FMP wouldn't be considered ecchi, it might be classified as chotto ecchi, or having slight sexual themes.

you answered my rhetorical question! :) i just wanted to point out how FMP has the unnecessary fanservice... and it would never be considered an ecchi title.

Acmurphy wrote:
Whether you are looking up their skirts or at them naked, they still don't know you're there :wink:

haha! i meant the other characters in the anime are seeing this point of view, not the audience.

another example of this is in an anime that i really liked, Pani Poni Dash!. during the cutscenes they would flash the main characters in "sexy" poses and i even think there were panty shots in some of these. seriously! it is so far from anything to do with the anime. this is a comedy about highschoolers! none of them play the horny girl in the anime. it is like i would be watching the evening news and just before/after commercial break they would splash the screen with the news anchor in suggestive poses/clothing and underwear. okay, that is an extreme example. imagine if full house did that? or azumanga daioh?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next