Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 2:32 am 
Regular

well, blood+ is not exactly "packed" with action... it is not a fighting anime like naruto, tenjo tenge, etc. the fighting happens quickly and the concentration is on character and plot development. i would still recommend it though.

i honestly cannot remember if the fighting is stylized or not, most of the time is spent on the setup. no memorable fights that i recall. certainly not as "cool" as blood: the last vampire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 3:11 am 

dbd_addict wrote:
thanks for the information storm. quite interesting, i thought it was a new school anime that i have never watched. i think i will have to check out the ones in that list which i have not watched.

thanks moonunit, i read it as all around type noon... and i could not find an anime of that name. :)

The Tsukihime anime is utterly and completely butchered from the game though. The manga is a much better choice if you wanna check it out. There is a translation patch for the game however, and its extra disc Kagetsu Tohya. How you get the games however is up to you, googling revolve, Tsukihime and translation should get you to the patches. Melty Blood and ReAct have translation patches too. Those would be the fighting games that take place after Tsukihime under a 'what if' future. It doesn't follow any of the ending routes the game has. The latest Melty Blood, Act Cadenza ver.b is in the process of being translated.

Fate/Stay Night is in the process of being translated, the anime is rather subpar however... and the manga doesn't seem all that either.

Kara no Kyokai is originally a novel. The translation is somewhere, no idea if I should post it. I mean if posting links to fansubs and scanslations aren't allowed, then a novel translation is probably not either. On the topic of novels, there is a prequel to Fate/Stay Night which would be Fate/Zero, which is also a novel. Which is also being translated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2007, 5:36 am 
Resident Scholar

Mmsven wrote:
People all be stealing my alias (thats why I switched to mmsven).

Changing one's alias is possible? :shock:
Not that I wanted to, I like my dog tags number, but I thought once chosen = fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2007, 8:00 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!

He requested to have me change it since you cannot change it yourself, so I did. This is not something I want to do often though, as it makes it tough to follow previous conversations when someones name has changed. No one knows who that is anymore if they are just joining, so it gets confusing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2007, 3:40 pm 
Regular

oh my! moonunit did not have to change his name! though i think mmsven sounds better. haha

thanks storm for all that info about type moon. i have not had an interest in games nor graphic novels though. lucky for me, since i thoroughly enjoyed Shingetsutan tsukihime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 31st, 2007, 3:42 pm 
Post Master

42317 wrote:
Changing one's alias is possible? :shock:
Not that I wanted to, I like my dog tags number, but I thought once chosen = fixed.

I said that before it was changed, and I meant it in a way that I use mmsven on all other accounts. Then I later asked AcMurphy to change it. Good thing I haven't made many posts.

Anyway, thanks again for the help guys, I am going to be checking out Blood+ and Hellsing, but not Witch Blade.

Edit: Also, I'm a fan of Gundam Seed, and I haven't seen Destiny yet, but a lot of people say Destiny sucks in comparison. Should I see Destiny?

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2007, 12:18 am 

Well if you watched and liked SEED as I did, you will be compelled to see Destiny. Like this invisible force just compels you to. But after watching it, you spend many nights in your shower, bleeding out of your face, wondering why it turned out that way. I'd say avoid Destiny really. But I suppose it has a few of its moments. And reusing animation reaches a whole new level never thought possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 1st, 2007, 5:38 pm 

Mmsven, First its nice to see somebody else that doesn't think Gundam Seed is a complete piece of grabage. As for whether you should watch Destiny, eh ummmm. First be warned that it takes forever to actually get interesting and after that it needs ridelin. If your looking to watch to see the character you've grown to like stories advance, don't hold your breath. The only one that advances is Athruns and they majorly srcew his up, I mean it's bad. Umm the mechs are cool but seem a little over thought. But eh it's not a terrible show but I'd wait until it comes out on box set to buy, cuss it's not worth buying disc for disc unless you've already started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 7:18 pm 
Post Master

You guys have convinced me that Destiny isn't worth wasting my time on. Thanks. Anyway, how are these titles?

Monster
Gedo Senki
On Your Mark
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Note

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 9:26 pm 

Monster: If there is something you should ever watch is this series, best story in my opinion, ever. Ranks first in my top 10 favorite series.
Gedo Senki: never heard of it before.
On Your Mark: never heard of it before.
Neon Genesis Evangelion: good series, a little messed up but it is a good watch, it was probably the first anime series I watched consciously knowing it was anime. I've been a fan since then.
Death Note: I would recommend reading the manga instead. But that's just my opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 4th, 2007, 11:16 pm 
Regular

Monster:
i followed the good doctor religiously! i was so addicted to that show. even more than Lost! it definitely pulls you in wanting more and more, but after awhile i wanted it to end! the last few episodes i was basically getting tired... it kind of fizzled out for me, i just wanted it to end and i really did not care how. kind of like how i wanted Lost to end this last season. Hahaha!

Gedo Senki:
have not watched it, fantasy is hard for me to get into. if you like fantasy i would recommend Scrapped Princess.

On Your Mark:
it is a music video, and a very good one in my opinion. absolutely loved it!

Neon Genesis Evangelion:
this is a must see, and i hate giant robot saving the world anime!

Death Note:
i think i watched the first episode, i cannot remember anything about it though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 11:17 am 

Hmm the only one I've seen out of that list is Neon Genesis Evangelion.
It is a must see for any serious anime watcher. Be warned though you may hate its guts or you may run outside praising God for it mastery, it one of those series. If you do pick it up I suggest the Platinum version, its more expensive but the sereis is really cleaned up to almost new. Also if you have the money buy it by disc, the booklets help a lot!

Now then Mmsven about Death note, I've never watched the anime but I have read the manga it was good but gets old. Here's some advice from some on of more experiance, always go for the orginal version. For Gunadam, Bones, and actions shows, think yuyu hakasho and Dragon ball Z, that's usually anime but for the rest it manga. Why? Rarely do you find a remake in anything that matches the orginal. This is especially true for aurthors like Ken Akamatsu whom is just a brillant aurthor still with long series (14-20) and Rumiko Takahashi whom loves long (31-40+) mangas. Also manga is cheaper. However action series are usually better in anime. Also as a not if its a long manga series, 10+ volumes, atick with the manga the anime wil either have to chop the seires to its bare bones, head of on its own or simply not have an ending, non of which are good things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 1:37 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Mmsven wrote:
You guys have convinced me that Destiny isn't worth wasting my time on. Thanks. Anyway, how are these titles?

Monster
Gedo Senki
On Your Mark
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Death Note

On Your Mark is basically a 7 minute music video done in 95 by Hayao Miyazaki. It is certainly worth your 7 minutes of time to watch it. Tells the story of the capture of a winged woman and he subsequent rescue by two of her captors. Or something like that, has been a little while now since I saw it.

Neon Genesis I was not a fan of, by any means, so I will leave descriptions to people less biased against it.

Death Note, of the 10 episodes I have seen is quite good other than the fact that I do not like the main character at all. Which I talk about here: http://animetric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=267

Last edited by Acmurphy on September 7th, 2007, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 3:16 pm 
Major Contributor

Monster: a good series if your into anime dramas. Gets quite addictive later on. But can take a while to really get into, which is true of many long-running anime series.

NGE: can tend to be overrated by some, but nevertheless of pretty high quality. Just don't get too mixed up in its philosophical mishmash.

Death Note: a very cerebral show, definitely addictive if you're into this type of thing. The show becomes noticeably less interesting in the final ten or so episodes (after a, ahem, "significant" event occurs)

Post subject:
PostPosted: September 5th, 2007, 9:10 pm 

But spaz, 'the philosophical mishmash' is the only reason any one should bother watching the thing besides you have to have watched it to be taken seriously, kinda like a few other oh la Akira, the one of the most extremely over hyped series of all time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 32  Next