Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 15th, 2017, 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2007, 8:33 am 

Good action usually boils down to the... intense episodes of certain series. While some whole series can't be regarded as having good action overall, but can have really great juice in there. Like Rurouni Kenshin has some really great fights, but if you look at the series as a majority, its quite full of bullshit. It depends what you're looking for too. Gunfights? Sword fights? Real Robot action? Super Robot action?

The only action that has kept me totally pumped throughout the whole series would be Godannar. Which would be super robot action.

Can't say I've seen a lot of good gunfights, but I'd probably say Black Lagoon or Bebop. Bebop had more melee combat about anyway.

Sometimes its so hard to think of good action on the dot when someone asks, but its the horrible things that linger in your mind. Well I watched Noir fairly recently too so....

Anyway one of my favourite sword fights would be in the final episodes of Samurai Champloo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2007, 3:50 pm 
Regular

i loved blood+
i have a thing for aggressive young women wielding blades... actually, i guess[spoil]she has a split personality like elfen lied [/spoil]
great characters. i recommend to watch that one first of all your choices. then Gits series.

blood+ > Gits SAC > witch hunter robin > noir

storm shinobi! what anime is your signature from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 3:19 am 
Post Master

Quote:
storm shinobi! what anime is your signature from?

I can barely read it, but I think the text in the corner says All Around The Moon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 4:06 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Moonunit,

I cannot help you with Blood+ or Witch Blade, but I can concerning Hellsing. (I am not sure which version you are interested in, so I will just address both).

The first Hellsing TV series was alright, but suffered from a rather awkward second half do to it diverging from the manga which hadn't been created yet. So you got some crazy story lines that they tried to come up with and link back to the previous episodes. Other than that the dub was quite good, and I believe is hailed as one of the best out there, the animation was pretty good if I remember right, and had a somewhat entertaining story.

Now the new OVA, which only had the first 3 episodes out so far, if much the same as the TV series was so far, but has much better animation and just seems to be more hardcore and bloody.

Though it should be noted that I am not a big Hellsing fan in general, so while I think the OVA is better than the TV series, I am not a huge fan of the OVA in and of itself.

On you other questions I will shorten it up since it has already been covered by multiple other people.

Witch Hunter Robin and Noir are fairly equal in enjoyment for me. Both are rather slow, both have quite good music, but are so meandering that it takes somewhat away from the show. WHR has great atmosphere, as long as you get into it, while Noir prides itself on never showing any blood :roll:. You may like either, but I would say go with GitS SAC over wither of them.

GitS SAC is a great series and I would definitly recommend it, the movies are not quite as good and are more muddled down my psycho babble, but are certainly not bad by any means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 4:06 am 

Its All Around Type-Moon. It came from the CD Art of the CD Drama of a crossover of Type-Moon's works, Kara no Kyokai, Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Fate/Stay Night, Fate/Hollow Ataraxia and the Melty Blood series. So the characters are various Type-Moon characters from their various works. Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night both had anime adaptations while Kara no Kyokai is getting a series of 7 movies. 3 of which is getting released sometime over a period at the end of the year and the start of next year.

Characters would be Arcueid, Ciel, Akiha, White Len, Hisui, Kohaku, Saber, Rin, Sakura, Rider, Caren and Ryogi Shiki. There are other characters in the drama too.

Well I'm just a raving Type-Moon fan of sorts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 4:58 am 
Regular

thanks for the information storm. quite interesting, i thought it was a new school anime that i have never watched. i think i will have to check out the ones in that list which i have not watched.

thanks moonunit, i read it as all around type noon... and i could not find an anime of that name. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 1:52 pm 
Major Contributor

Moonunit wrote:
What about these titles?

Witch Blade
Hellsing
Blood+

Blood+ is definitely the best series out of those three, though you need to get past the first few episodes for it to get really good. When I first started watching it, I found it a little boring at first but it warms up to you and by the end, you'll probably be left wondering how you could have thought the series was boring in the first place.

Witch Blade is all right, but hardly what I would considering "good" or even "worth watching." It just doesn't get anything quite right. Not even the action, the main draw of the series, is done particularly well.

Hellsing is definitely entertaining, and funny as well if you listen to the dub (:D), especially in the later episodes when you get to see just how much of a badass Alucard is. Character development or plot isn't particularly interesting or even sensical at some points, but hey you don't watch a series like this for those elements. It's all about the action.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 28th, 2007, 9:27 pm 

Okay, I've never watched wichblade as for Blood+ and Hellsing, both are great. Both are also vampire flicks, well sort of, Of the two I have to say Hellsing is the better.

Alucard is so one great badass and all the girls are hot. The action is entertaining, though its lacking in character developement and plot. If you would rather have more plot and Character Developement then go with Blood+. I would go with both if you can.

Also Moonunit, I wouldn't hold my breath on catching up some of the people on here. I've seen 270 something and Acurmurphy has seen more then 100 more then me. Pretty much any body that's seen that many are either rich or been watching for years. I'm the later.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 12:20 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The Adict,

lol, I don't know if just being rich in and of itself would afford you the time to watch hundreds and hundreds of titles in a short span of time. Especially considering people could technically just download everything they want to watch. So I would have to say time available has more weight than money. I do applaud Moonunit for taking on such an impressive task 8), though I think he is talking more generally as to getting over maybe 100 titles as most people on here have, rather than catching up to say, me or you specifically.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 1:31 am 
Regular

when you are rich you have more time! :)

perhaps she is catching up with new anime... her line of questioning is more for quality rather than quantity. though she has not exactly stated her preferences which makes a difference since many of us are biased on our taste.

i have noticed that her choices are mostly quite dark.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 1:41 am 
Post Master

She? :shock: *looks around* Who are you talking about? I am a guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 1:45 am 
Regular

i thought you were a girl from ontario! was there not a girl from ontario named moonunit when ro was running the boards?

what the? all these years i thought you were a girl? HAHAHAHAHA

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 1:47 am 
Post Master

dbd_addict wrote:
i thought you were a girl from ontario! was there not a girl from ontario named moonunit when ro was running the boards?

what the? all these years i thought you were a girl? HAHAHAHAHA

Quote:

As you can see, my location is quite different from that. People all be stealing my alias (thats why I switched to mmsven). I made up moonunit like 4 years ago, because my last name is Moonan.

I never got to see the forum when Animetric was under the previous management.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 1:57 am 
Regular

sorry man! there was a girl before who had the name moonunit.
i thought she moved to BC. hahaha!
i also found it strange how different "she/you" changed with the gory avatar and dark taste in anime. HAHA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 29th, 2007, 2:01 am 
Post Master

It's ok. But you wanted to know my preferences, well, I don't like romance and comedy, I mainly like anime in the action genre.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 32  Next