Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 9:59 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime Advice
PostPosted: December 3rd, 2008, 7:59 pm 

Lonesome wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Has anyone seen the anime Koi Kaze? If so what did you think? I came across it and i kind of like the plot of it and am interrested in it.

I've seen it.
It's a very good, under-appreciated gem, but just make sure you can stand a little incest.

No kidding. I made it until the end of the first episode then pushed eject. I thought I could handle the incest part, but when that general creepiness was combined with a weak and spineless male character lead, I couldn't get interested in any more... It probably would have been a lot more fun if I didn't have two daughters and a son... :wtf:

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: December 4th, 2008, 8:52 am 
Resident Scholar

PunkDaddy wrote:
It probably would have been a lot more fun if I didn't have two daughters and a son... :wtf:

... who are not very old yet, if I'm not mistaken?
Man, I presume with that combination you're in for lots of grey hair and headaches once they become teenagers.
Maybe you should prepare webcams in your house for the daily YouTube sitcom... :lol:

PostPosted: December 13th, 2008, 10:09 am 

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:
It probably would have been a lot more fun if I didn't have two daughters and a son... :wtf:

Man, I presume with that combination you're in for lots of grey hair and headaches once they become teenagers.
Maybe you should prepare webcams in your house for the daily YouTube sitcom... :lol:

:shock:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:clap:

PostPosted: December 14th, 2008, 10:25 pm 

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:

Haha, bad taste joke, for a father that is.

I watched Koi Kaze. It's not a bad title, but it can be difficult to put up with sometimes, I mean it's really awkward, especially when you have a little sister like I do. There is nothing explicit, but the atmosphere through the whole series is very dense. There is not even comic relief (that I can remember) to make it more bearable. Not something I'd recommend but I have to admit that it was well done.

PostPosted: December 15th, 2008, 4:00 am 

42317 wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting prepared for it now. My daughters are both about to become teenagers, so I have them in Judo. They're going to train for the national junior judo championship this summer in Florida. They think it is because their coach thinks they can win. I know it is because daddy and mommy want them to be able to "take care" of problematic boys in the future. I won't have to worry about them getting attacked (other than potential lawsuits for injury to the boys, but I'm really OK with that! :twisted:). If my girls get in trouble, it will be because they want to get in trouble. Correct me if I'm wrong Bloodfairy, but there's no way to stop a young woman from getting what she wants, right? (Hmm... There's no smiley for "super-stressed"...)

42317 wrote:

:shock:

Dear god no - and Bloodfairy, don't encourage him! :) The very idea is blood chilling. I enjoy the show as it is- my own personal pay-per-view programming. I can't imagine the car-crash horror that a public airing would generate. Although, if I could find a way to monetize it, it might pay for the food they wolf down... The $$ will only get worse once they start talking college... again the need for the super-stressed smiley. :sigh:

Thanks for the laugh though!

---

Back to the topic at hand, I may watch Koi Kaze again someday, but it is REALLY, REALLY far down my list. Maybe below re-watching the Guyver or making it through Orguss for the first time... Nah, I'd rather watch Hajime no Ippo/Fighting Spirit all of the way through first!

PostPosted: December 21st, 2008, 11:49 pm 

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong Bloodfairy, but there's no way to stop a young woman from getting what she wants
Money is the way.

PostPosted: December 25th, 2008, 6:14 pm 

Ok so i have some extra money thanks to the holidays - i put a huge stash of it into my savings for the anime con come may. I have some extra for an anime and i was considering Ergo Proxy. Is it worth buying?

PostPosted: December 26th, 2008, 3:22 am 
Newcomer

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Ok so i have some extra money thanks to the holidays - i put a huge stash of it into my savings for the anime con come may. I have some extra for an anime and i was considering Ergo Proxy. Is it worth buying?

It definitely is.

PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 1:49 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:

Ya, definitely go with Ergo Proxy. It's a great anime series with a darker tinge to it, and I do like my dark anime :D

PostPosted: December 31st, 2008, 5:24 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
Ya, definitely go with Ergo Proxy. It's a great anime series with a darker tinge to it, and I do like my dark anime :D

I like dark anime too! Can't wait for it to come in..any day now!

PostPosted: January 1st, 2009, 6:26 pm 
Newcomer

I'd say if you want a dark anime go with the second season of Black Lagoon. In general Black Lagoon kicks ass.

Post subject: Looking for something Azumanga Daiohish
PostPosted: February 6th, 2009, 11:21 pm 
Newcomer

I just finished watch Azumanga Daioh for the second time. I really love that show. Is any other anime out there with the same vibe or feel?

Or failing that another funny classroom show?

Seether00

Post subject: Re: Looking for something Azumanga Daiohish
PostPosted: February 8th, 2009, 3:37 am 

Seether00 wrote:
I just finished watch Azumanga Daioh for the second time. I really love that show. Is any other anime out there with the same vibe or feel?

Seether00

I haven't seen Azumanga Daioh (just read a bit of the manga), but I'm told Strawberry Marshmallow was similar. I thought it was very funny (and my kids adored it). I'm sure others will provide some imput here...

Post subject: Re: Looking for something Azumanga Daiohish
PostPosted: February 8th, 2009, 4:00 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Seether00 wrote:

I haven't seen Azumanga Daioh, but if you're looking for a funny classroom anime series I think your best bet (out of the very very few I have seen since I typically avoid them) is School Rumble. I have only seen the first season, but it was very good overall. Just don't hope for any relationship to go anywhere :roll:

Oh, and welcome to the forum Seether00!

PostPosted: February 13th, 2009, 12:15 am 

I think Azumanga Daioh is a real classic, and everyone should watch it sometime. I usually compare any comedies to Azumanga Daioh, is pretty much my standard. It's one of those series that make you laugh from the heart. School Rumble is great too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next