Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 2:23 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime Advice
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2008, 4:07 am 
Post Master

The Adict wrote:
I have not baught it. (It was on tv.)

I doubt the option will be available for long. I doubt it will get relicensed within 4 years at least.

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2008, 11:25 am 

That maybe for the best. :?

As much as i enjoyed it, it still kind of creeped me out. Plus there are better series out there that need to be published over here. Added that i don't have the desire or money to collect it. Even so I could probably find it on Amazon if I wanted to.

Which brings me to my next question. Has anybody come across some darker more mature anime lately. Say like Elfin Lied, Samurai X, Wolf's Rain. I'm having trouble finding them. Thanks In advance.

PostPosted: October 6th, 2008, 5:46 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
The Adict wrote:
Which brings me to my next question. Has anybody come across some darker more mature anime lately. Say like Elfin Lied, Samurai X, Wolf's Rain. I'm having trouble finding them. Thanks In advance.

My eternal search as well! Let's see if I don't have anything for ya that you haven't seen yet:

Ergo Proxy - Very much like a Wolf's Rain, with the world in ruins and people living in various "city-towns." It's not quite as mystical or deep, but it is a bit darker (maybe just in atmosphere) and I really liked it quite a bit. Not as much as Wolf's Rain which is one of my favorites, but quite a bit.

Gankutsuou - A bit less mature than I would have liked. They kind of centered it around Albert rather than the Count but it still holds a lot of its inherent majesty.

Baccano! - Definitely darker and more mature as long as you are in for some American style 1930's fun.

Basilisk - A bit more of a guilty pleasure but is filled with some crazy characters, and lots of violence. The whole thing is rather dark and centers around death so its a pretty good choice if you are up for some ninja action in a Romeo and Juliet setup.

Black Lagoon - Gets darker later on in the series but it's mature shoot-um up fun from the very beginning. Good for a more adult oriented action series.

Requiem from the Darkness - Very dark ghost story type plots with lots of style and crazy animation. It's not for everyone, but if you check it out you could really dig it.

PostPosted: October 13th, 2008, 2:11 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Has anyone seen, Ninja Nonsense? I might want to check it out someday and from what I've read it seemed to be a good series. I'm just wondering, that's all.

PostPosted: October 14th, 2008, 7:41 pm 
Resident Scholar

Gojira wrote:
Has anyone seen, Ninja Nonsense? I might want to check it out someday and from what I've read it seemed to be a good series. I'm just wondering, that's all.

I only saw the usual previews, most likely just like you have so far. It looks funny and I'll give it a try... once I have time, in a hundred years or so, damn it. :roll:

PostPosted: October 25th, 2008, 11:56 pm 
Regular

Has anyone seen ICE アイス?

I've never explored yuri anime all that much, but the plot sounded interesting (really dark, but interesting). Any help is appreciated.

Dr. Insane-o

PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 1:01 am 
Major Contributor

Haven't heard of it. I was the one that recommended Stainless Night to Aaron in the last hentai contest though, and felt he'd reviewed it fairly. Aside from Linear having a futa feature and occasional flashbacks to the guy that created her, there really isn't a male presence at all. Unless the dog's male, that is, and I can't remember if they mention that...

PostPosted: October 26th, 2008, 1:24 am 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Cab329 wrote:
Has anyone seen ICE アイス?

I've never explored yuri anime all that much, but the plot sounded interesting (really dark, but interesting). Any help is appreciated.

Nope I haven't seen it, but since it's yuri I might have to check it out sometime. Yeah, I'm a sucker when it comes to yuri.Image

If you want a good yuri series, check out Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl. It's absolutely hilarious and a cute show. I strongly recommend it. I wouldn't watch Kannazuki no Miko, which I thought was vastly overrated yuri anime and rather disappointing. Also Strawberry Panic is another good yuri series as well.

PostPosted: November 25th, 2008, 1:55 am 

Is the Black Cat anime any good? I enjoyed the manga and I believe the anime is only around 24 episodes long so has anyone here have any thoughts?

PostPosted: November 26th, 2008, 4:32 am 
Newcomer

I've seen ICE, it's pure bullshit that doesn't make any sense. Not worth watching.
Ninja Nonsense - I've seen that too, and it's pretty good; crazy kind of humor with a lot of refs to other Japanese media. However, although the show is short, the humor gets old around episode 4, and the jokes seem repetitive. The good thing is Norio Wakamoto as that yellow-thing that manages the Ninjas. Best VA ever.
Black Cat - I'm not very fond of the manga, and even then, I think the anime is really, really bad. Typical studio GONZO.. :mad2:

PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 6:07 pm 

Has anyone seen the anime Koi Kaze? If so what did you think? I came across it and i kind of like the plot of it and am interrested in it.

PostPosted: November 30th, 2008, 8:28 pm 
Newcomer

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Has anyone seen the anime Koi Kaze? If so what did you think? I came across it and i kind of like the plot of it and am interrested in it.

I've seen it.
It's a very good, under-appreciated gem, but just make sure you can stand a little incest.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2008, 6:14 am 
Resident Scholar

Lonesome wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Has anyone seen the anime Koi Kaze?

It's a very good, under-appreciated gem, but just make sure you can stand a little incest.

The new Anime Club showed it, but after reading a summary I declined...

PostPosted: December 1st, 2008, 3:53 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
42317 wrote:
The new Anime Club showed it, but after reading a summary I declined...

New anime club? Did your crew create an underground anime club? Or is this another anime club that you decided to join after the last one disbanded?

Koi Kaze... while I own it, I have been unable to get myself to watch it as of yet. It just seems like something I don't really want to see, incest and all. Though as long as that's not a negative for you the series has been pretty well received.

PostPosted: December 1st, 2008, 4:25 pm 
Resident Scholar

Acmurphy wrote:
New anime club? Did your crew create an underground anime club? Or is this another anime club that you decided to join after the last one disbanded?

At the time the old club decided to disband there were immediately three people amongst our audience who wanted to start their own thing, keep the Anime flag flying, so to speak, which happenend within five weeks.

I helped them get on the way since there are organizational and practical things that you should know, which we learned over the years, and you need to contact the right people in the bureaucracy in order to get your college club licensed, in order to get benefits like free webspace, e-mail, lecture hall, beamer, and newsletter editing (for advertising purposes).

But I am not a member. I'm more like the man behind the curtain, whispering advice in case it's needed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next