Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 11:41 am 

Hmmm, that is a tuff one.

Rory Okane as far as mech that are still pretty fresh. There's Godannar, not the best but still good, Macross, excellent franchise, Also try Nadesco, I think I spelled that right, it's an great comdia mech a series trhat just won't take itself seriously. Lastly is quite frankly most of the gundam franchise. Just avoid SD and sample the two Seeds and G before watching to see if you like them and you should be okay. Now then it may not be a mecha series but another great series along the lines of mecha are the Space Opera's, I'd suggest looking a the Crest of the Stars franchise to see if you like it. Crest is a little slow but pretty good.

As for anime that's like Cowboy Beebob, there Tri Gun, not as good but similar. Sadly there really is nothing else similar to Beebob that I can think of off the top of my head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 4th, 2007, 5:34 pm 
Lurker

thanks, Adict. i'll have a look around. you don't mean Martian Successor Nadiesco by any chance, do you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 5th, 2007, 10:15 am 

That's the, Nadesco I was talking about. Sorry for the misspell. Let me gues you've seen it already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 6th, 2007, 9:59 am 
Resident Scholar

rory_okane wrote:
am i right with the figures there, 42317?

I don't want to spam this thread further with OT information, so I'll send you a PM. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:06 am 
Post Master

What do you guys think of these titles?

Witch hunter robin
Ghost in the shell
.Hack//roots
Noir

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:16 am 
Regular

Moonunit wrote:

Witch hunter robin
Ghost in the shell
.Hack//roots
Noir

Witch Hunter Robin is a decent series. Has some nice character development, interesting episodes and cool fight scenes. Unfortunately, the ending leaves a number of loose ends and unanswered questions. Still worth a watch though.

Ghost in the Shell... The movies or the series?

Never watched the other two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:19 am 
Post Master

The series I guess. And was the review for the movie accurate?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 6:26 am 
Major Contributor

Moonunit wrote:

Witch hunter robin
Ghost in the shell
.Hack//roots
Noir

Witch Hunter Robin is fantastic but takes a few episodes to get into.

Ghost in the Shell, the movies, are quite different from the TV series. The original film is pretty good but probably not deserving of the amount of prestige it has garnered. Sure the animation was damn good for its time and it had some pretty deep concepts, but the storytelling wasn't particularly interesting nor did we feel much attachment to the main characters.

The series however, are quite enjoyable and because of their length allow the main characters to flesh out more. The series are also more "mainstream" in that it is less philosophical than the movies, though there is still quite a bit of political and bits of philosophy thrown around here and there. Overall, I would say that Stand Alone Complex (the first series) is superior to 2nd GIG (the second series) due to better pacing and a more interesting storyline.

Noir I would not recommend because well, I just found it boring. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:03 pm 
Regular

Moonunit wrote:

Witch hunter robin
Ghost in the shell
.Hack//roots
Noir

i enjoyed witch hunter robin, i really liked her character.

i disliked the ghost in the shell movies. but i loved the series. great stories.

i never got into the .hack stuff. i hate online gaming and such, so i am prejudice to that anime.

i found noir amusing. i liked the characters and after the 1352th time of listening to 'canta per me' i really loved that song.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 4:49 pm 
Post Master

Thanks for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 8:20 pm 

lets see...

Witch Hunter Robin is a good watch, but it kinda falls into the "enemy of the week" thing for the begining of the series with a few that tie into the main plot.

Ghost in the Shell SAC i found a brilliant watch, both the first and the second. both have a good story and the tie in well together with a few stand alones inbetween that dont really have anything to do with the main plot but explores the characters in greater detail.

hack//roots isn't bad, its alright but at the same time it left a lot to be wanted. the main character was rather annoying for a start and some of the most interesting characters, at least in my opinion, disapear throughout the show. in a way though its a brilliant watch as you realise that things are happening to the characters and they talk about it but none of it is actually shown. my favorite piece of this is the final episode of the little cat person (can't for the life of me remember his name) who has been watching out for most of the other characters through the series.

Noir is my favorite, but i do realise that its not for everyone. if you dont like slow pace or a film noir style, not to mention flashbacks, just pass it, would sugest getting the soundtrack no matter what though as it's brilliant.

#1 Chloe fanatic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 9:18 pm 
Post Master

I have no problem with slow pace. The only show that I can't stand the pace would have to be DBZ. Most of the time is spent by watching people stand there, and major fights span across 20-40 episodes each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 17th, 2007, 9:42 pm 

Witch Hunter Robin, it wasn't really my thing, but it's interesting and it has cool scenes.

Ghost in the Shell, the movies are definitely boring, the animation is pure quality, and though it might be interesting for a sci-fi lover, i'm not so I didn't enjoyed it as much, I thought it was too boring, it took me a long time to finsh watching the first movie.
I never watched the series, but I heard they were a lot better than the movies.

I don't like the Hack series, though i never managed to watch one completely, the music is good, but again, not my thing.

Noir, I love it, but I think its just as Dark One said, it is not for everyone. The pace is a little slow at the beginning and they overuse flashbacks, but If you like art, good music, girls with guns, and cool action, you will enjoy it.
As I said, I'm a huge fan, so I still would recommend it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 18th, 2007, 4:24 am 

Witch Hunter Robin really bored the shit out of me. Maybe because the subs were kinda wonky too. But it was like.... cryptic and weird without really meaning shit all. Needs more... explosions! Or something. Not really my cup of tea.

Noir.... also bored the shit out of me. And crappy battle choreography with the complete and total lack of blood. If you take Kira Yamato and Freedom and compress them into a little girl and put her in a gunfight.... its exactly what you get. They run around and shoot people with 100% accuracy. And nobody ever hits them until plot calls for it. Not my cup of tea either.

Ghost in the Shell, the movies bored the shit out of me. But they were very pretty. I watched the first few episodes of SAC, it was kinda weird. But one of the episodes was corrupted and I couldn't proceed with it all, it was getting interesting with that HAPPYMAN. But then I couldn't be assed and never really watched all of it :P

Never tried the .hack series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 27th, 2007, 3:13 am 
Post Master

Well, I'm going to have to check out Witch Hunter Robin, Noir and Ghost In The Shell SAC. Still not sure about Hack Roots, since it's part of .hack Conglomerate, I really know nothing about the quality.

What about these titles?

Witch Blade
Hellsing
Blood+

I want to catch up with you guys, because I've probly only seen 15-20 different anime titles.

Storm_Shinobi, what is your idea of a good action series?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 32  Next