Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 24th, 2017, 8:02 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 7:08 am 
Regular

Acmurphy wrote:
lol, I like all the work you put in Zazares, but I don't know if that really helps him. I think he was looking for suggestions for stuff that he hasn't seen yet, thus why he posted his list.

Oops. Given the style his initial posts went, I presumed he was asking for more advice on the following anime. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 8:41 am 

Thanks everybody, I mean it. Though i have to apologize for once again changing one of my own threads to my own purposes, I'm really sorry. Any way I be trying to delete my two previous post to return this thread to it's original purpose of helping everybody not helping me find series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 26th, 2007, 10:05 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
Well, since this is a thread about giving people anime advice, we might as well help the starter of the thread in that goal as well.

Just as an addition to Spaz's list, I would throw Berserk in there since it seems you haven't seen it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 11th, 2007, 11:58 am 

Okay sicne no one's posting on this so I'm goign to ask for more advice. The series, Burst Angles and Dester Punk and UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie. I'm looking at buying both but I'm a little uneasy with buying something that only has four reviews. Yes I know all three pervy, numbers dude, can't remember your name off the top of my head sorry, I know you hate them any body else have an opinion?

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2007, 12:04 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Burst Angles and Dester Punk and UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie.

I know "Bakuretsu Tenshi" aka. "Burst Angels"... nice series with unnecessary (loli) fan service and even more unneccessary CG. You're right, I don't really like the title but it's not all bad. The characters are kinda interesting and it has a normal running time, ... uh, 24 episodes I think.
Still, I woudn't spend money for an Anime like that.

The Adict wrote:
numbers dude

So I have become the numbers dude? :lol:
Isn't that a bit more complicated to type than just "42317" (read "Four-Two-Three-One-Seven")??
You see, if someone uses the number to refer to me the passage is far easier to spot for me because such a numbers cluster stands out of course. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 13th, 2007, 11:29 pm 
Major Contributor

I think 42317's a decent user name...

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 15th, 2007, 9:45 am 
Newcomer

The Adict wrote:
Marqtele there are 6 disc!? I ony could find for please tell me I didn't miss out being able to buy the entire series by waiting until I had nothing more pressing to buy!

Please forgive the late response, I haven't visited this thread since my original post. This is the collection I have and it is indeed 6 discs, 25 or 26 episodes, I think.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... ovie&BAB=E

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 16th, 2007, 9:12 am 

No you were right Marqtele, I got my anime legends box set of Silent Mobius Saturday and there was six discs, 26 eps in all. Now I know why the tv airing of it didn't make any sense and left me wondering what people were going on about. They only showed thirteen episodes of the series!

And 42317 I have a hard time with names. Still I'm obstained whether your name is good or not as it's just a bunch of numbers to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 8:29 am 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
42317 (...) I'm obstained whether your name is good or not as it's just a bunch of numbers to me.

(Off topic)
That's the purpose, actually. A bunch of numbers has no whatsoever connotation.
Suppose I called myself "Hentaiman" or "Bookmaster" or "Cheese Lover"... :D
The numbers allow me to establish myself via my actions (posts, in this case) without being previously judged because my nickname was provocative in some way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 18th, 2007, 2:13 pm 

Thanks 42317, here I thought it was some kind of code or something. See I chose my name about five years ago when I first started posting on forums and stuck with it. After all I am the adict of anime, hentai, chess, manga, video games and milk. Yes milk, the white liquid that come from female mammals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 20th, 2007, 4:03 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
Thanks 42317, here I thought it was some kind of code or something.

Haha, it IS a code, but since nobody can read it without being informed, it fulfills its purpose.
4 is the number of my army district.
231 is the number of my draft board.
And I was the 7[sup]th[/sup] person to see the doctor on the day of the medical exams.
So 42317 is actually the second half of the number code on my dog tags. :D
If people knew that beforehand they'd say I was an army freak or something, but I just enjoyed my days in green.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 21st, 2007, 7:43 am 
Regular

So THAT'S the secret behind the number. I was always curious about it.

And for the record, I hated my time in service. Although that was probably due to the fact that I was conscripted into the Army unwillingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 22nd, 2007, 9:01 am 

So 42317 is a military man. I'm guessing a grunt, smartest grunt I've ever met.

Personally you couldn't get me with three miles of a military recruitment center if it meant my life depended on it. Sorry from the USA, and or military follows less then noble or intellegant leaders. Also I just couldn't go out and kill people simply because somebody told me to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 24th, 2007, 2:49 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
So 42317 is a military man. I'm guessing a grunt, smartest grunt I've ever met.

Thanks... but I'm out of the club for eight years now. :D
(Hoping to be out of the "student's club" next year, too...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August 3rd, 2007, 7:50 pm 
Lurker

everyone in germany has to either perform 9 months of military service (Militärdienst), or 12 months of community service (Zivildienst). am i right with the figures there, 42317? (i learned about that this year, in my 6th year of studying german - i'm doing it for my A-levels (the equivalent of the german Abitur)).... anyways. anyone got any sort of advice for me regarding new anime? i loved love hina, but am a bigger fan of mecha anime, and having seen FMP, gundam wing, and Dual! - Parallel Trouble... i feel like i'm running out of options, that don't have a horribly outdated art style... help? anything like cowboy bebop would be good too. i had a look at rorouni kenshin. i wasnt too big a fan of the art style.... HELP!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next