Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently November 19th, 2017, 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime Advice
PostPosted: August 12th, 2008, 2:04 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Has anyone seen Tsubasa Reservoire Chronicle? It looks interresting..and i can tell it was made by CLAMP due to the fact most of the characters names are ripped off Cardcaptors. I was just wondering if anyone saw it and either loved/hated it? Let me know! :)

I haven't gotten to see it, so I can't comment on the quality of the series. But unless I am mistaken, the series is supposed to be populated with CLAMP characters. It's like the tag line of the series, or something like that :mrgreen: .

PostPosted: August 12th, 2008, 11:05 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
Has anyone seen Tsubasa Reservoire Chronicle? It looks interresting..and i can tell it was made by CLAMP due to the fact most of the characters names are ripped off Cardcaptors. I was just wondering if anyone saw it and either loved/hated it? Let me know! :)

I haven't gotten to see it, so I can't comment on the quality of the series. But unless I am mistaken, the series is supposed to be populated with CLAMP characters. It's like the tag line of the series, or something like that :mrgreen: .

well since no one is replying i guess i'll have to force acmurphy to watch it by requesting a review! :) J/k i'll just get it myself.

PostPosted: August 14th, 2008, 3:11 am 
Resident Admin

PrfsrSnapesAngel wrote:
well since no one is replying i guess i'll have to force acmurphy to watch it by requesting a review! :) J/k i'll just get it myself.

I feel obligated to say this now... Smartass! :wink:

And I thank you for just joking about that! That would have been cruel and unusual!

I should have listened to you Storm_Shinobi! The first episode of Texhnolyse was not to my liking... at all. I'll have to give another couple a shot, but damn was that some strange sh*t...

PostPosted: August 14th, 2008, 8:30 pm 

I'd avoid Tsubasa Chronicles. The manga is decent fun, but the anime overall.... is badly done. I mean, its a series with a fair bit of action, and BEE-TRAIN CANNOT ANIMATE FIGHTS. And they end up ruining a fair bit of the show. Plus they remove every instance of blood or something to tone it down for younger audiences or some shizzle. I may have sat through both seasons(I wouldn't have if it wasn't for Kajiura's music redeeming every botched scene by making it seem epic), but I cannot recommend it. Unless you wanna see Kero again, who makes a cameo in the 2nd season. There is a 3 episode OVA by IG, which is totally awesome though.
As for the manga, it takes a fair bit for the series to heat up.

Anyway its hardly the series fault, which is like lawl CLAMP CROSSOVER MASH FEST which is great for any CLAMP fan. Its just that... BEE-TRAIN sucks balls.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 10:01 pm 
Major Contributor

I would pretty much agree with Storm's sentiment. I enjoyed the first half of the first season of Tsubasa Chronicle and then lost interest. And to be honest, there are a lot better shows out there, even in its own genre, that's much more worth watching. This is CLAMP we're talking about here and a toned-down CLAMP is never good news (ever watched the dubbed versions of Kaaokyaputaa Sakura?). Considering the success they had with the X/1999 TV series, I'm surprised they went the route they did with Tsubasa Chronicle (though clearly X/1999 is much darker) but it's understandable, if not excusable.

PostPosted: August 20th, 2008, 10:51 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
I would pretty much agree with Storm's sentiment. I enjoyed the first half of the first season of Tsubasa Chronicle and then lost interest. And to be honest, there are a lot better shows out there, even in its own genre, that's much more worth watching. This is CLAMP we're talking about here and a toned-down CLAMP is never good news (ever watched the dubbed versions of Kaaokyaputaa Sakura?). Considering the success they had with the X/1999 TV series, I'm surprised they went the route they did with Tsubasa Chronicle (though clearly X/1999 is much darker) but it's understandable, if not excusable.

I've seen X/1999 and i was suprised to know that was made by Clamp, thanks for the tip though spaz and Storm I really don't like wasting my money on anime that theres a big chance i'll dislike.

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2008, 9:42 pm 

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anyone? I saw some characters and I liked some of the designs. Anyone know if it is worth a damn?

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2008, 9:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
zero_chaos wrote:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann anyone? I saw some characters and I liked some of the designs. Anyone know if it is worth a damn?

Worth a damn? WORTH A DAMN?!?

You bet yer ass it does! I loved Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann. It's unlike any mech series I have ever seen, since it's way over the top but that's what makes it so special. The characters are very well done and easy to relate to, which is good and the mech action is just fantastically awesome. I would HIGHLY recommend it.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2008, 8:24 pm 

Depends. How much do you want your anime to make sense? Are you fine if the show is about men screaming and sticking big drills through their enemies(homosexual sounding joke unintended)?

TTGL is perfect for anyone who doesn't want to think and just wants to get riled up and carried away in the SUPER ROBOT SPIRIT. And if you are completely capable of kicking reason to the curb.

PostPosted: September 4th, 2008, 8:29 pm 

Hmm, I might just give it an episode or two before I jump on the bandwagon. Thanks for the input guys.

PostPosted: September 10th, 2008, 6:00 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
I should have listened to you Storm_Shinobi! The first episode of Texhnolyse was not to my liking... at all. I'll have to give another couple a shot, but damn was that some strange sh*t...

Texhnolyze was ABe & Ueda's attempt to make a popular "American" anime at the request of some folks in the US. I thought the first episode had potential IF there was 1) a stunning character development arc 2) tons of action. Instead, that show flatlined. Personally, I couldn't finish it. After 3-4 volumes it was just too painfully boring... OK, honestly, it was boring from the beginning, but I had high hopes since I liked Lain, NieA_7 and Haibane Renmei.

I think the show did so poorly that Ueda (a producer at Geneon Japan) stopped working with ABe. Has ABe worked on anything since?

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2008, 7:31 am 
Resident Admin

PunkDaddy wrote:
Texhnolyze was ABe & Ueda's attempt to make a popular "American" anime at the request of some folks in the US. I thought the first episode had potential IF there was 1) a stunning character development arc 2) tons of action. Instead, that show flatlined. Personally, I couldn't finish it. After 3-4 volumes it was just too painfully boring... OK, honestly, it was boring from the beginning, but I had high hopes since I liked Lain, NieA_7 and Haibane Renmei.

I'm surprised you were able to stick though it so long if it continued being boring. I watched the second episode a bit ago, after a sufficient time had passed that I thought I could give it another go. It didn't leave me disliking it as much as the first one had, but I still don't have too much of a draw to continue when the basic elements are still the same.

PostPosted: September 12th, 2008, 10:47 am 

I only got as far as episode 6 since I didn't have anything else better to watch. I spent most of my time sketching as the show was going on though, not really paying attention. Not like it mattered since the screen was black most of the bloody time anyway.

You still find fans of the series that fervently defend the show, but I basically disagree and disregard them. If I have to suffer through 6 episodes of darkness, then I don't care what the hell is at the other end really.

PostPosted: September 16th, 2008, 2:52 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:
PunkDaddy wrote:

I'm surprised you were able to stick though it so long if it continued being boring. I watched the second episode a bit ago, after a sufficient time had passed that I thought I could give it another go. It didn't leave me disliking it as much as the first one had, but I still don't have too much of a draw to continue when the basic elements are still the same.

Well... to be honest, I worked for G3neon so I was REALLY trying hard at that time to watch every episode of every title we had. Some shows were much harder than others of course. Some were impossible for me (Hyper Dolls, New Getter Robo, Demon Lord Dante, Texhnolyze to name a few). I actually liked how moody and violent the first episode was and the second episode gave me hope there would be an interesting story. Fast forward a few volumes and I didn't see the story go anywhere. Ever. Didn't like the characters, didn't like the world, didn't like the depressing tone. Realized I didn't care how it ended. Realized we were going to lose a ton of money on that title! :wtf:

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: October 3rd, 2008, 12:01 am 

Wow I actually liked Texchnolyze. :shock: I found it rather interesting. Mostly because I wanted to watch something dark when I started watching it and there was nothing else. Though I still like it, though I have not baught it. (It was on tv.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 32  Next