Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 5:35 pm 

Okay, I stand corrected again. But as you pointed out Amuro was a noob going up against an ace.

As for Norris, that guy was a bad ass and Shiro did eventually kill him when he got down to fighting the team instead of going after the tanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 12:09 pm 

More like he got himself killed, he deliberately didn't go ahead and whack Shiro in the face because he knew that was Aina's lover. And he kinda planned on dying there anyway.

Now if only the goddamn Alex Gundam didn't have Chobham armour.....

I guess we either have-

Other sides make their own Gundams, or just GN Drive technology. There were non-Gundam mechs that were equal to or better than Gundams in the Gundamverse, Gelgoog, Sazabi..... so we'd have more equal fights that don't necessarily have to be Gundam vs Gundam.

CB has other squadrons of Gundams somewhere else. And then somewhere.... CB has dissenting voices leading to some Gundam vs Gundam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 6:54 pm 
Major Contributor

Well, they've gotta have Gundam vs. Gundam fights. I mean people who watch Gundam series, me included, watch because they want to see Gundam vs. Gundam fights, not Gundams whopping the crap out of lesser MSs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 28th, 2007, 8:46 pm 

I agree. Gundam vs. Gundam fights are usually the best in the entire series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 2:14 am 

Or the equivalent. UC was pretty much deprived of Gundam vs Gundam fights with a few exceptions... like Gundam Sentinel. The Mk V didn't even look much like a Gundam for that matter....

Gundam vs Gundam is probably the way they are gonna go. Plus you can sell more Plamos. I'm sure the Gundams sell better than 'equivalent to Gundam mono-eye' mechs. Maybe except the stuff Char rode in, since Char is way more popular than Amuro.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 29th, 2007, 11:23 am 

Yeah people like Char better the Amuro, wow didn't know that.

The thing is with me is that Gundams in almost ever universe cost more then anything else to build thus few are built and piloited only by aces, or aces to be. So to me it would be lame is something designed to be the best thing on the battle field with the best piloits couldn't hand ever other mech their tail pipe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 12:29 am 
Major Contributor

Wow, this series really is developing a lot slower than other series. It's already the fourth episode and we still haven't seen many significant fighting yet. But we're definitely getting a good idea that Celestial Being definitely isn't an organization that just cares about keeping the peace, despite all that propaganda they spout. :roll: (I mean an organization can be THAT naive could it?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 7:58 am 

^Yeah. I blame the narration. They're following way too many people. Further, it also seems much more action oriented.

The protagonists are surprisingly cool, however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 9:33 am 

With 50 episodes in total, I'm sure they will have time to go along with everything as long as we don't get these bunches of bantering side plots or entire episodes dedicated to the death of some singer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 30th, 2007, 11:34 pm 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
With 50 episodes in total, I'm sure they will have time to go along with everything as long as we don't get these bunches of bantering side plots or entire episodes dedicated to the death of some singer.

True, but most Gundam series to date have been about 50 eps and this is still one of the slowest to develop thus far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 31st, 2007, 10:24 am 

I retrospect, not all the Gundam series to date were worth 50 episodes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 5:46 pm 

I agrea only let me think, 5 series have been 50 eps long. There wing, the orginal, the two seeds and G. That's it if I remember right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 3rd, 2007, 6:39 pm 

Original is only 43 episodes although Zeta is 50... and I think ZZ is 50 as well.

Anyway I don't think he meant literally that there aren't many 50 episode series, its that they aren't worth their 50 episodes... so its some kinda statement.

Well most of the main TV series have been around 50 anyway, the shorter ones have all been either movies or OVA sidestories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 7th, 2007, 1:10 pm 

I'm about to take back all my negative comments about the series after watching Episode 5. This episode nailed everything.

[spoil]Seems there are Newtypes again.[/spoil]

Post subject:
PostPosted: November 7th, 2007, 9:22 pm 

Theres probably some kinda reason like the nanomachines inside enhanced people can somehow link with each other causing some brain-linkage which is not ESP and therefore not Newtype.... but whatever. Who cares how they explain it, its fundamentally the same ain't it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next