Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 23rd, 2017, 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 2:45 pm 

Okay I'm looking at the picture of the purple dude. He must be guy no Guy in the world look the MUCH like a woman. Mean that's almost as femine as Kozue of the strings from Get Backers. Why do they do that. If they want a beautiful character just make it a woman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 9:24 pm 

I hope Graham manages to at least scratch Exia in the upcoming fight in episode 3.... those Gundams are truly goddamn Orbital Frames. Can avoid punishment easily and take punishment just as easily. Whack!

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 18th, 2007, 12:08 am 

The Adict wrote:
Okay I'm looking at the picture of the purple dude. He must be guy no Guy in the world look the MUCH like a woman. Mean that's almost as femine as Kozue of the strings from Get Backers. Why do they do that. If they want a beautiful character just make it a woman.

Amen. I mean what happened to the older series where the male characters all had short hair?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 19th, 2007, 7:33 am 
Major Contributor

The Adict wrote:

It's called bishounen. And it's put in there to attract female viewership. Though considering, this is GUNDAM, that would seem to make very little sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 9:23 am 

Ep 3 is out.

The insane amounts of perspective changes continues. I could understand them doing that in the pilot to introduce all the characters, but it's getting really confusing and awkward. Story telling should be subtle and forgiving enough to allow the audience to get into the story at their own pace and leisure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 3:15 pm 

Hmmm bishounen, the cursed word that both it existance the thing it repersents shouldbe expunged from all existance. Yeah i know that Gundam only has female people to actract and the need for growth and all but why do they need to have bishounen? There are better ways of actracting female audiances. But to be honest Gundam has been labeled a guy's shows and will foever remain so, so they should focus on that instead of destroying their franchise to attract a group that is never going to even look at it.

On to other things. So this time the sotry is good and doesn't lag just bad directing. Great, ugh hopefully they'll fix that. If this series bombs I don't know what is going to happen to the franchise. Mean even I, whom am a rapid Gundam fan, is starting to have doubts if I wantto waste another 200+ dollars on an okay series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 4:54 pm 

I think that I am going to wait till a couple of episodes are out before I start watching again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 23rd, 2007, 6:13 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict wrote:
that's almost as femine as Kozue of the strings from Get Backers. Why do they do that. If they want a beautiful character just make it a woman.

Like Spaz said, it's supposed to draw more female audience. Feminine guys are more interesting for the fan girls than beautiful women. Besides looks, potentially gay men are the type which is hard to get for women, and according to my experience, women become much more, uh, passionate in their pursuits when they feel a guy is unavailable.
Years ago I met a womanizer of sorts... pretty selfish fun type, in a sexual kinda way. He wasn't girlish, but he had a boyish look that appealed to maternal instincts. He used to tell girls he met that he considered himself gay but "he hadn't made the final choice yet", implying that he hadn't met Ms. Right yet. He mesmerized girls who were eager to "return him to the right path"... however you want to phrase it.
I don't believe he was as successful as his story sounded, but I can imagine that his strategy had realistic elements.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 2:29 pm 

Site recent post. And yeah you could be right. Still I think the gimik is being over used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 3:34 pm 
Regular

overused gimmick? not as overused as your suggestion of using beautiful women though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 24th, 2007, 6:40 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
The Adict wrote:
that's almost as femine as Kozue of the strings from Get Backers. Why do they do that. If they want a beautiful character just make it a woman.

Like Spaz said, it's supposed to draw more female audience. Feminine guys are more interesting for the fan girls than beautiful women. Besides looks, potentially gay men are the type which is hard to get for women, and according to my experience, women become much more, uh, passionate in their pursuits when they feel a guy is unavailable.
Years ago I met a womanizer of sorts... pretty selfish fun type, in a sexual kinda way. He wasn't girlish, but he had a boyish look that appealed to maternal instincts. He used to tell girls he met that he considered himself gay but "he hadn't made the final choice yet", implying that he hadn't met Ms. Right yet. He mesmerized girls who were eager to "return him to the right path"... however you want to phrase it.
I don't believe he was as successful as his story sounded, but I can imagine that his strategy had realistic elements.

Actually if you think about it, it's true for real life celebrities also. That's why guys like DeCaprio, Orlando Bloom, or Keanu Reeves have such a large female fanbase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 25th, 2007, 10:02 am 

Human Reform League female pilot from the OP makes her debut in the next episode... I wonder how she will stand up to the Gundams, considering that commander dude got his ass handed to him. But that was pretty good for a fat lunk of a machine.

Since the Patrick guy from episode 1 isn't in the OP, I wonder how much spotlight the poor guy is gonna have. Maybe he gets demoted after that incident and we get another Orange like syndrome of a person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 26th, 2007, 11:16 pm 

I'm gonna sneer and say the best wwe can hope for is a draw. Mean come on in what Gundam has a Gundam lost a fight when it was wasn't hopelessly out of date or out numbered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 2:10 am 

Char bashed Amuro on a few occasions, and Amuro only got out of it alive due to certain circumstances.... but that was while Amuro was still a total nub.

Norris Packard in his Gouf Custom totally smacked the crap out of the 08th MS Team, and managed to accomplish his objective without killing Shiro Amada. Takes more skill to do that than just to own them all directly. He didn't go ahead and whack them all because Shiro was Aina's lover.

And of course we have that idiot Kou Uraki, launching out in the Zephyrantes when it wasn't configured for space(even though he got one lucky ass kill), he got thoroughly owned. But then I guess he was outnumbered.

I suppose the sides aren't just gonna let their mechs fight Gundams as they are... even the Union guy said he was gonna have to recalibrate his machine or something for the next encounter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 27th, 2007, 6:24 am 
Major Contributor

I'm just waiting for the inevitable appearance of a Gundam not originating from Celestial Being created by some old geezer who happens to be a super uber mad scientist. :lol:

Even in Wing, which is a mainly one-sided affair, they pitted some Gundams against each other eventually.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next