Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 29th, 2007, 7:53 am 

No I can get what your saying to a degree, though there are a lot of points where the piloits get uncomfortably close to dying. As for their suits being able to take on dozens of enemies at a time, in the orginal the piliot (I forget his name) was doing the same thing. But in a practical stand point if five military units were going to shape the world they would have to be that powerful to really influance things. Plus if you look at the designs for the suites they are some of the most powerful the Gundam Universe has ever put out.

Now what didn't I like about Char's Counterattack. First and for most would have to be the paper thin character designs. Yes I know by this time eveybody that's bothered to watch Z and the orginal already know the characters well, but I don't I haven't watched Z at all and only maybe 3/4 threw the edited edition of the orginal that aired awhile back. Second I don't like the ending at all. Then the plot is a little shake to me, you would think by this time the people in the colonies would have simmered down a little and not allowing themselves to be led along by propaganda. There ware others I just haven't watched the movie in so long, after I watched it once I wrote it off as the worst Gundam can offer and just about swore to never touch it again, a promise I've kept.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 6th, 2007, 4:00 pm 
Lurker

The Adict wrote:
As for their suits being able to take on dozens of enemies at a time, in the orginal the piliot (I forget his name) was doing the same thing.

I can see what you're saying, but in execution I don't agree with you. Amuro would take on a half-dozen suits at a time and dispatch them, but it was at least usually tense. In Gundam Wing, someone would fire off a beam that would take out that many suits at one time. It was especially bad near the end of the series when the Gundam pilots were literally taking on entire legions of mobile dolls at once.

The Adict wrote:
Now what didn't I like about Char's Counterattack. First and for most would have to be the paper thin character designs. Yes I know by this time eveybody that's bothered to watch Z and the orginal already know the characters well, but I don't I haven't watched Z at all and only maybe 3/4 threw the edited edition of the orginal that aired awhile back. Second I don't like the ending at all. Then the plot is a little shake to me, you would think by this time the people in the colonies would have simmered down a little and not allowing themselves to be led along by propaganda. There ware others I just haven't watched the movie in so long, after I watched it once I wrote it off as the worst Gundam can offer and just about swore to never touch it again, a promise I've kept.

Well if you haven't seen the original series or Zeta, then it only makes sense that the plot wouldn't really appeal to you since most of it probably didn't make sense. I think it might be a little unfair to judge the movie so quickly when you don't understand the plot that comes before it, but to each his own.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 7th, 2007, 11:01 am 

No the plot made perfect sense. I get what's going on, I just don't believe that the excuse 'it only a few hours long so don't expect the world' works any more. Samurai X was only a two hour OVA and it had everything, Studio Gibli the same. I guess I was just expecting more from it and found it wanting serevely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2007, 3:16 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Fortunately,the latest Gundam series no longer about crappy Cosmic Era anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 8th, 2007, 7:52 pm 

At the beginning, I could look past SEED's animation and drawing deficiencies because of the decent writing, but I felt that everything with that series started spiraling down when they got to Earth. Still, I watched it to the end. I even spent 250 bucks on the models. Anyway, let's stop beating on an old horse.

I'm much less enthusiastic about 00, but rather, curious. Gundam seems to have finally freed itself from Kunio Okawara, the mecha designer of previous installments. However, I'm skeptical to 00's ability to deliver anything new. My first impression of 00 was Full Metal Panic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 11:02 pm 
Newcomer

the only thing worse than SEED AND DESTINY was Superior Defender Gundam Force (shutters)

i'll watch any new Gundam series though with an open mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: July 19th, 2007, 11:18 pm 

After seeing the 30 seconds promo thing, and seeing that theres actually good looking women and pretty realistic looking grunt like units..... and the music was kinda good....

If we get past how homoerotic the 4 main pilots are.... this might actually be not too bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2007, 7:45 am 

Its' here.

Episodes 1 and 2 are out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2007, 6:36 pm 

Yeah, I think I'm going to be more surprised if the piloits turn out to be straight then if it turns out their gay. Still the Seed's contributions to the franchise I like, mainly many pretty girls! YEAH! :lol: Now then Please post and give me a out line of what is going on, or better yet I'll head over to Wiki, bye.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 15th, 2007, 7:37 pm 

I like the leads so far. Allelujah was suprisingly cool. I thought he would be the bad boy jackass by the way he looked but he's actually really, really cool. I like his character the best, so far. Tierra's a little faggy though (by that, I mean, he makes poses that make me uncomfortable).

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2007, 7:22 am 
Major Contributor

It's definitely slower to develop than other Gundam series have been in the past, but the animation is definitely impressive so far. In fact, the series doesn't look very Gundam at all so far, well except for the Gundam suits themselves of course . . . ;)

And it looks pretty damn good at 1080i. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2007, 10:40 am 

^RAWs? I've only been able to find subs at 720. Still, I didn't really notice that much difference from lower resolutions. The biggest difference I noticed was the quality of the subtitle text - that's it. Then again, I have a 17' monitor (LCD). Furthermore, my system is pretty old so I got the avi files over the mkvs; idk how much that matters.

The story perspective changes too much, though, that its hard to follow a narrative. Perspective pans from one character that says one line to another character who also says one line. I'm afraid the "epicness" they're trying to portray is gonna destroy the intimacy and characterization of the leads... kinda like what happened with FFXII.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 16th, 2007, 4:00 pm 

Watched ep 2. Didn't like how they jumped from one character to the next so quickly either, Dei.

The action and animation is good and I really like the "grunts" only negative thing I can think to say would be the animation to the main characters. Why do the Japanese have to make the main male characters look like women? That really got to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 1:06 am 
Major Contributor

Dei wrote:
^RAWs? I've only been able to find subs at 720. Still, I didn't really notice that much difference from lower resolutions. The biggest difference I noticed was the quality of the subtitle text - that's it. Then again, I have a 17' monitor (LCD). Furthermore, my system is pretty old so I got the avi files over the mkvs; idk how much that matters.

The story perspective changes too much, though, that its hard to follow a narrative. Perspective pans from one character that says one line to another character who also says one line. I'm afraid the "epicness" they're trying to portray is gonna destroy the intimacy and characterization of the leads... kinda like what happened with FFXII.

There are 1440x1080i raws available only from one group which gets the raws from MBS or TBS, which are TV Tokyo subsidiary stations. I won't post any links but the name of the group is [TV-JAPAN]. And it does look phenomenal on a 1080p screen. Though on a 17" monitor I doubt you'd be able to tell the difference between 720p and 1080p, especially if its on an LCD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: October 17th, 2007, 2:39 pm 

Yeah, some of their male leads look more femine then most women I've seen. Also I'm still not seeing how it look that different from a non Seed Gundam. It looks reminsent of Wing and the original unversal century to me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next