Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 21st, 2017, 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 138  Next
 Post subject: What Are You Watching Now?
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 8:05 am 
Newcomer

And so the definitive "What are you watching now?" starts yet again...

I just finished up Tenjou Tenge a while back but i figured it deserved a mention. Currently though I'm watching installments of Eureka seveN (yeah they spell it like that for some reason) as they are released on dvd. I also picked up the first movie of the remake of Hellsing. That was tasty...Oh and The Fullmetal Alchemist movie was freaking nuts too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 10:53 am 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
And now it will be here forever as a sticky thread!

I saw Tenjou Tenge a while back, maybe a year or so? I enjoyed it, but I really liked the flashback story arc a lot more that what was happening in the present. I just could not like Souchirou Nagi at all, I found him really annoying. Well, him and especially Aya Natsume. The people in the flashback just seemed so much more hardcore.

I haven't seen any of Eureka Seven yet. I've heard good things about it, but the sky surfing aspect has kinda kept me from watching it yet. I will get to it at some point though!

Man, the Full Metal Alchemist movie really disappointed me. I didn't like where they took the second half of the series, and the movie was basically more of that, but with an ending that really pissed me off. Technical merits were good though.

Currently I am in the middle of watching Twelve Kingdoms. The first story arc was great, bordering on fantastic, but the second one left something to be desired. Heres hoping that the third one will be back to its former glory. Other than that I just picked up the third vol. of Full Metal Panic - The Second Raid and am about to go watch that right now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 3:22 pm 
Newcomer

I highly recommend eureka seven, you get over the whole surfing thing pretty quick, and i just love their computer systems. They are totally sexy, and have that same feeling to them that Evangelion's do. Actually there are quite a few parallels heh. Its still good stuff though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 9:02 pm 

Hmmm, just finished rewatching Elfen Lied. Thinking about moving on to Gunslinger Girl next anyone have any thoughts suggestions on it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 14th, 2007, 11:15 pm 
Resident Admin

Sublyminal wrote:
Hmmm, just finished rewatching Elfen Lied. Thinking about moving on to Gunslinger Girl next anyone have any thoughts suggestions on it?

Well, I can vouch for the fact that Gunslinger Girl is very good. It just might not be what you are expecting. It's more about the girls and their situations, rather than the action and killing. Took me by surprise, but it ended up being in a good way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 7:41 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Magikano and Black Cat.Both are good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 10:45 am 
Resident Admin

Amex_Yohko wrote:
Magikano and Black Cat.Both are good.

*Try and make sure you add a little something more to your comments, a little more substance.*

What is it that you like about Magikano and Black Cat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 15th, 2007, 11:18 am 

Location: A country which most people doesn't want to know about...
Acmurphy wrote:
*Try and make sure you add a little something more to your comments, a little more substance.*

What is it that you like about Magikano and Black Cat?

Magikano is a harem and comedy anime.The storyline and characters are good.Unfortunately its ending could be better.It also has little incest theme.

Black Cat is my current watch list.I only seen first eight episodes of it.It story kinda dark but still long way to go.

Post subject: what are you watching now?
PostPosted: March 16th, 2007, 8:46 am 

Right now I'm watching quiet a few series. One is Bleach, good not as good as rumored but still worth checking out, it' just a long series 100+ episode series and moves very slowly. Next is Gundam Seeds Destiny, suprise this one's actually better the Gundam Seed, another great gundam series. Then there's Eureka Seven, it's really picking up now that it near the end. Also the reason it's similar to EVA is if I remember right is that the same team made them both, could be wrong though. Then of course there's Basilisk, Full Metal Panic The Second Raid and Naruto

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 17th, 2007, 6:59 am 
Newcomer

right now i'm watching Samurai 7 and Ergo Proxy. So far I haven't been overly impressed with Samurai 7 YET, though i'm only through episode 9. Ergo Proxy on the other hand, i'm liking so much. It's so mysterious and whatnot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 2:37 am 

Only watching feature-length anime releases, atm, most recently, Appleseed... I've gotta say Ghost in the Shell was better. 3D animation, even if cell-shaded, just doesn't cut it for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 18th, 2007, 12:19 pm 
Resident Admin

Dei wrote:
Only watching feature-length anime releases, atm, most recently, Appleseed... I've gotta say Ghost in the Shell was better. 3D animation, even if cell-shaded, just doesn't cut it for me.

I have to agree with you there. When I saw Appleseed I could not stand the animation. Though I was not overly impressed with the story either. If you liked the story and just didn't like the animation, Appleseed was originally made using regular animation. It was then remade with the 3D stuff later on. Or at least thats how I believe it went. I own the older version, but have yet to watch it after having been so put off by the first one.

Last edited by Acmurphy on March 20th, 2007, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 19th, 2007, 11:37 pm 

Well lately seeing Death Note...seen upto ep 16 I think it was (wasn't liking it at first but than L came into scene..got way better after that)...and also saw recently Kimagure Orange Road movie and Whisper of the Heart which I both bought recently...
Ah and Prince of Tennis upto ep 120 something...saw some recent ep of Bleach dont remember which either...was following Eureka 7 but missed a few eps and got real lost...great animation though...

And a few others...don't remember names now...too much free time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 9:09 am 

Acmurphy wrote:
I have to agree with you there. When I saw Appleseed I could not stand the animation. Though I was not overly impressed with the story either. If you liked the story and just didn't like the animation, Appleseed was originally made using regular animation. It was then remade with the 3D stuff later on. Or at least thats how I believe it went. I own the older version, but have yet to watch it after having been so put off by the first one.

Thanks for the tip. Maybe the movie just condensed the story too much? In any case, using names of gods and goddesses, esp. well known dieties, is not only a trick that plays like a broken record, but stereotypes characters. My rant about 3D deserves another thread.

Q regarding this thread: Is it limited to only Japanese made animation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: March 20th, 2007, 4:40 pm 
Resident Admin

Quote:
Q regarding this thread: Is it limited to only Japanese made animation?

You can talk about whatever type of animation you want really. Lets just try and keep it in the Asia-Pacific Rim area.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2063 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 138  Next