Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 19th, 2017, 3:25 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: Anime News
PostPosted: July 25th, 2009, 8:46 pm 
Major Contributor

Anime News Network wrote:
Halo Legends to be Animated by 5 Japanese Studios (Updated)

The BONES, Casio Entertainment, Production I.G., Studio 4°C, and Toei Animation anime studios are animating Halo Legends, a DVD anthology of seven short films based on Microsoft Studios' Halo game franchise. Microsoft's creative staff is approving the visuals and storytelling. Three of the creative directors are Frank O'Connor of Microsoft's 343 Industries, Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed), and Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, The Sky Crawlers). J-Spec Pictures' Joseph Chou (Appleseed) is producing.

Aramaki's short will cover the history of the Spartan warrior class from the games. Studio 4°C will animate two 30-minute shorts about "the entire 100,000 year history of the Halo universe." Toei's short "is outside of the official canon and pokes fun at some of the game's characters."

Warner Brothers will release the anthology on DVD, Blu-ray Disc, and digital distribution in early 2010. A trailer is planned for the Halo panel at San Diego's Comic-Con International (CCI) on Thursday, and Xbox 360 users can see a preview this fall on the Xbox Live service. Aramaki, Production I.G president Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, and Studio 4°C president Eiko Tanaka will attend the CCI panel, and the panelists will sign autographs after the panel at the Warner Brothers booth. The first trailer will also premiere on television on the Spike TV channel's GameTrailers TV with Geoff Keighley.

Not coincidentally, Studio 4°C also worked on Animatrix and Batman: Gotham Knight, two other Japanese-animated Warner Brothers anthologies based on American entertainment franchises.

(ANN link here)

I saw the trailer for this as well and it's looking pretty good so far, especially the parts by BONES and Production I.G. One thing I don't quite understand though is why Toei is involved. I mean has Microsoft seen what Toei has produced recently? Nothing good comes to mind.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2009, 11:52 pm 

spazmaster666 wrote:
I saw the trailer for this as well and it's looking pretty good so far, especially the parts by BONES and Production I.G. One thing I don't quite understand though is why Toei is involved. I mean has Microsoft seen what Toei has produced recently? Nothing good comes to mind.

I watched the trailer too, I might give the series a shot.

Youtube has recently gone anime friendly. Now posting up full episodes of some anime series. Astro Boy, Code Geass, FMA: Brotherhood, and Gundam 00 are just some of the series they have online. Pretty cool even though the number of series isn't that big.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/shows?s=sp&b=2

PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 3:57 pm 
Resident Admin

Location: In the Tardis, off to who knows where in who knows when!
ADV Films Shuts Down, Transfers Assets to Other Companies

AEsir Holdings, SXION 23, Valkyrie Media Partners, Seraphim Studios acquire assets

ADV Films has announced that it is shutting down after transfering its assets to several other companies that will continue its operations. AEsir Holdings has acquired selected programming from ADV's film library along with other intellectual property. The SXION 23 (Section23 Films) home video distribution company will assume account servicing and distribution operations for AEsir's assets. Valkyrie Media Partners has acquire 100% of ADV's Anime Network television unit, while Seraphim Studios has ADV's Amusement Park Media production unit

Former ADV Films staffer Chris Oarr has notified ANN that several former staffers have joined SXION 23 and the other companies.

---------------------------------------

Hadn't heard much out of them so I can't say I am completely shocked by the occurrence. I am surprised that Funimation didn't pick up any of their titles, they seemed to transfer them to other companies that I haven't even really heard of before which is a bit odd. At any rate it's too bad another company has fallen, and I enjoyed many a ADV release in the past so they will be missed.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2009, 6:17 pm 
Major Contributor

Acmurphy wrote:

AEsir Holdings, SXION 23, Valkyrie Media Partners, Seraphim Studios acquire assets

ADV Films has announced that it is shutting down after transfering its assets to several other companies that will continue its operations. AEsir Holdings has acquired selected programming from ADV's film library along with other intellectual property. The SXION 23 (Section23 Films) home video distribution company will assume account servicing and distribution operations for AEsir's assets. Valkyrie Media Partners has acquire 100% of ADV's Anime Network television unit, while Seraphim Studios has ADV's Amusement Park Media production unit

Former ADV Films staffer Chris Oarr has notified ANN that several former staffers have joined SXION 23 and the other companies.

Hadn't heard much out of them so I can't say I am completely shocked by the occurrence. I am surprised that Funimation didn't pick up any of their titles, they seemed to transfer them to other companies that I haven't even really heard of before which is a bit odd. At any rate it's too bad another company has fallen, and I enjoyed many a ADV release in the past so they will be missed.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!?

I kinda expected CPM to fall, as much of a pain as it was to get my hands on Mystery of the Necronomicon, but this is a new one to me.
:diss:

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 2:00 pm 

Acmurphy wrote:

So, who exactly is still standing? Bandai, Funimation, Sony's US Branch, and Viz? Is that it?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 2:57 pm 
Resident Scholar

I will remember ADVision best for that cool advertising trailer of theirs that they used at the end of the 90s.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 3:32 pm 
Major Contributor

42317 wrote:
I will remember ADVision best for that cool advertising trailer of theirs that they used at the end of the 90s.

The one that has that "Do It Now" song? If so, i love it too. :d^_^b:

I'll really miss ADV since that was my favorite company when it came to watching the latest anime on VHS and DVD. I remember the very first ADV title i ever bought was Tekken The Motion Picture on VHS. Sometime later on, i made the DVD upgrade in regards to that title. What i wonder now is what will Matt Greenfield do now? He was an instrumental part of ADV's creation and i know that his wife Tiffany Grant still has Funimation to fall back on since she also did ADV titles. As far as i know, i'm not sure whether Matt has also worked with Funimation or he was strictly ADV only. Anyone who can help me find the definite answer on that regard gets my thanks in advance.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 4:21 pm 
Resident Scholar

G-Core wrote:
42317 wrote:

The one that has that "Do It Now" song? If so, i love it too.

That's the one. Only Manga Video's trailer was better.
I don't have a video anywhere, but I have the trailer soundtracks as mp3 data. :d^_^b:

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2009, 10:21 pm 
Major Contributor

Shirogetsune wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:

So, who exactly is still standing? Bandai, Funimation, Sony's US Branch, and Viz? Is that it?

Those are most of the ones I'm aware of. I think there's also Media Blasters (parent company of Kitty Media), Disney (who has the license for Studio Ghibli in the US and recently picked up Marvel Comics for $4 Billion), Manga Video, and (for hentai) Critical Mass (who picked up some of CPM's Anime18 titles after that company fell).

PostPosted: September 4th, 2009, 2:41 am 

shgarland wrote:
Shirogetsune wrote:
Acmurphy wrote:

Those are most of the ones I'm aware of. I think there's also Media Blasters (parent company of Kitty Media), Disney (who has the license for Studio Ghibli in the US and recently picked up Marvel Comics for $4 Billion), Manga Video, and (for hentai) Critical Mass (who picked up some of CPM's Anime18 titles after that company fell).

Wow they lasted quite a while! I was not directly involved in any negotiations, but we always week after the big announcement that Geneon was shutting down and the business would be taken over by ADV, Dentsu (our parent company) began due dilligence. In other words, starting checking finances, negotiating final contracts, etc. One week after that, they pulled out of the deal with no explination. Those of us not in on the negotiations guessed financial problems were to blame, and the Sojitz pull-out shortly after that seemed to seal the deal. Still, credit those ADV guys for keeping it together as long as possible.

I'm not too worried about the founders, they're real smart guys. Smart enough to "transfer assets" to other companies so they don't go to competitors. I'm not sure if that will ultimately be allowed since I assume ADV will be declaring bankruptcy and you're not supposed to allow assets to be released... Oh well, good luck to them anyway!

Interesting though. As for companies still standing, I didn't see anyone mention The Right Stuf. I know I've been gone for a month or so, but they're still around, right? Actually, I think they control the Critical Mass label, so the must be. As for Manga Video, they're owned by Starz Encore now, so at least we don't have to worry about them going away anytime soon.

++First Project: Princess Code++ ++MIA 2009++
Just released a non-H, Animal Game for the iPhone August 2010!

PostPosted: September 4th, 2009, 3:33 am 
Major Contributor

PunkDaddy wrote:
Interesting though. As for companies still standing, I didn't see anyone mention The Right Stuf. I know I've been gone for a month or so, but they're still around, right? Actually, I think they control the Critical Mass label, so the must be.

Your right; I think Right Stuf does have Critical Mass. Hadn't thought of it. They're still around though.

PostPosted: September 13th, 2009, 6:23 pm 
Major Contributor

Disney XD to Add Naruto Shippūden in U.S. (Updated)
posted on 2009-09-10 18:01 EDT
Showings to start next month

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Hollywood Reporter newspaper has revealed and Viz Media has confirmed that the Naruto Shippūden anime series will run on the Disney XD channel in the United States starting next month. The sequel series takes place two and a half years after the first Naruto anime series as the older, somewhat more mature title character returns to his village of Konoha and faces the Akatsuki criminal ninja organization. The series has been streaming online on several websites, including ANN, since January.

The first Naruto anime series based on Masashi Kishimoto's ninja manga ran on the Cartoon Network until this year, shortly after the network had also ended its Toonami programming block. Viz Media publishes the original manga and also releases the DVDs of the anime adaptations.

Disney XD is The Walt Disney Company's television channel aimed primarily, but not exclusively, to boys. It has also run Digimon: Data Squad and Oban Star-Racers.

Thank you to the ADVNation blog for the news tip.

Image © 2002 Masashi Kishimoto / 2007 Shippuden

Update: More background and story information added.

Here is the ANN link in case anybody's interested:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... den-in-u.s

PostPosted: October 6th, 2009, 4:55 pm 
Major Contributor

Location: Tokyo, you're due for another attack from Yours Truly!
Looks like Marvel Comics is on the roll, anime-wise.

ANN wrote:
Stan Lee & Bones' Heroman Anime Now in Production
posted on 2009-10-06 07:06 EDT
Key drawings for 12th installment animated by Studio Wanpack last month

The anime subcontractor Studio Wanpack reports that it produced the key drawings for the 12th installment of the Heroman anime from American comic pioneer Stan Lee and the BONES anime studio last month. Wanpack's report is the first indication that the long-gestating project is in actual production. Lee, the co-creator of the Spider-Man and X-Men comics, has been planning this new animated series for television with the same BONES studio behind Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater.

According to the May 2008 issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine, the story of Heroman will center on a boy named Joey who discovers a toy robot near the west coast of the United States. The toy becomes Heroman, a giant robot that Joey pilots against evil threats. BONES screened a promotional movie for Heroman (as well as for Soul Eater, Bōnen no Xamdou, and Shinjuku Satomi Hakkenden) at Tokyo International Anime Fair 2008.

Tamon Ōta already launched a manga version in Square Enix's Monthly Shonen Gangan magazine on August 12.

Pow! Entertainment, Lee's current production company, is producing a separate manga series called Ultimo with manga creator Hiroyuki Takei (Shaman King), Shueisha's Jump Square magazine, Viz Media's Shonen Jump magazine, and the Sony Music Entertainment subsidiary Dream Ranch. Last year, Lee was also developing an animated television series named Quartz with GDH, which was the corporate parent of the Gonzo anime studio.

Sounds...original I guess... Well, I like to see how it'll turn out.

And here's the trailers for the upcoming Iron Man and Wolverine anime.

Let's hope they don't turn out to suck like Batman: Gotham Knight did.

PostPosted: October 25th, 2009, 3:41 pm 
Major Contributor

RIP to a well known and respected actor to the Japanese people!

ANN wrote:
Actor Yasuo Iwata Passes Away at 67
posted on 2009-10-25 06:59 EDT
Voice actor best known for playing Sazae-san's next-door neighbor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actor Yasuo Iwata passed away on Saturday due to lung cancer. He was 67. He played a number of roles on television, film, and video, but he was arguably best known for playing the next-door neighbor Nanbutsu Isasaka on Sazae-san, the most watched television anime series in Japan. He was the third person to assume the role of this romance novelist character after Sanji Hase (1970-1978) and Eken Mine (1985-2002).

Source: Mainichi Shimbun

PostPosted: October 30th, 2009, 4:43 pm 
Major Contributor

You can lecture me on double posting some other time, news is important! :booyah:

ANN wrote:
Sailor Moon's 5 Main Voice Actresses Reunite for Event
posted on 2009-10-29 05:13 EDT
December 6 event to mark original manga's upcoming 20th anniversary in 2011

The five main voice actresses of the Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon (Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon) television anime series will reunite in a December 6 event to commemorate the upcoming 20th anniversary of Naoko Takeuchi's original manga in 2011. Kotono Mitsuishi (Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon), Aya Hisakawa (Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury), Michie Tomizawa (Rei Hino/Sailor Mars), Rica Fukami (Minako Aino/Sailor Venus), and Emi Shinohara (Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter) are all scheduled to appear at the event in the Akihabara UDX Theater in Tokyo, 12 years after the anime franchise ended its original broadcast.

HIMEKA (Catherine St. Onge), the Canadian singer who won the 2nd All-Japan Anison Grand Prix singing contest last year, will also appear at the event. Since winning the contest, she has recorded theme songs for Valkyria Chronicles and Letter Bee. The event will have an on-stage discussion between the five Sailor Moon voice actresses about their memories, as well as a screening of the best episodes (as selected by fans). Free passes will be distributed via a random drawing to people who buy the first Bishōjo Sailor Moon DVD-Collection volume at Toei Video and Toei Animation's online shop by November 3. (The DVD will actually ship on December 11.)

In addition to the DVD re-issue, Sailor Moon is rerunning on Japan's Animax television channel this fall, and the official mobile phone website for the franchise launched this year.

Sources: Presepe, animeanime.jp

Image © Naoko Takeuchi, PNP, Toei Animation

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 409 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 28  Next