Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently December 13th, 2017, 9:55 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 2:00 am 

Theres been plenty of mecha anime. Another new Macross has been announced apparently.

We lack some true blue Medieval anime :<
They always end up having sci-fi in it, or lost technology. Drives me up the wall. (sutepri T_T, okay Zefiris was awesome but still, if it went on having cool fights like the one in the glass cavern.... instead of having weird dragoon flights)

Haruhi's first aired episode was quite a gamble. You're like... what the hell is this? I stuck on because of the narration. And I just had to watch the 2nd episode when I saw the end of the 1st. It cracked me up.

Anyway maybe I end up liking Haruhi alot more because I have been reading the novel translations......

While Haruhi doesn't crack me up totally while Ouran had me laughing most of the way through... I just like Haruhi alot. Well I like Ouran too and I wish for 2nd seasons for both of them.....
Well Haruhi 2nd season has been announced for that matter.

About Gundam Wing being the best, most Gundam fans look at Wing with disdain XD
Personally I think the Wing Zero is one crappy mech. And god its horrible in ACE2. Even its Twin Rolling Buster Rifles doesn't save it. Powerful shots, inaccurate as shit, total crap ROF..... long ass reload time with only 2 shots before each reload. While you might think it's good against bosses, its inaccuracy does throw it off. Rolling Buster Rifles annihilate everything around you but the reload time is as long as the mission itself..... and its beam sabers and head vulcans are hardly adequate when dealing with masses when you got better mechs for that. Like ahem... Sandrock....

And since Code Geass was mentioned, it sure sucks that the last two episodes has been delayed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 2:44 am 
Regular

Quote:
While Haruhi doesn't crack me up totally while Ouran had me laughing most of the way through... I just like Haruhi alot. Well I like Ouran too and I wish for 2nd seasons for both of them.....
Well Haruhi 2nd season has been announced for that matter.

lol man, you got me SERIOUSLY CONFUSED, you mention Haruhi from Suzumiya Haruhi and than all the sudden mentions Haruhi from Ouran and adds the sentence "Haruhi 2nd season" ...

Ouran 2nd or Suzumiya 2nd?

Either way is fine by me, though I don't see much plot to Ouran (well, probably extra 26 daily-life comedy? but I sure would hope for a closure on the romance department) .. Suzumiya can go on probably forever, but it will lack the mystery and novelty from the first season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 3:00 am 

Well despite the names of the main characters....

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi has Haruhi in its name.

Ouran High School Host Club does not.

So I'm talking about the former. Ouran is Ouran. Haruhi is Haruhi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 3:45 pm 
Regular

I guess it's sooo good you are so much smarter than me, isn't it? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 2nd, 2007, 7:58 pm 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
About Gundam Wing being the best, most Gundam fans look at Wing with disdain XD
Personally I think the Wing Zero is one crappy mech. And god its horrible in ACE2. Even its Twin Rolling Buster Rifles doesn't save it. Powerful shots, inaccurate as shit, total crap ROF..... long ass reload time with only 2 shots before each reload. While you might think it's good against bosses, its inaccuracy does throw it off. Rolling Buster Rifles annihilate everything around you but the reload time is as long as the mission itself..... and its beam sabers and head vulcans are hardly adequate when dealing with masses when you got better mechs for that. Like ahem... Sandrock....

The best mech by far in Gundam Wing was Nataku Custom in Endless Waltz, now that was a kick-ass machine. Epyon comes a close second because of it's blood red color and Zero System.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 7:45 am 
Resident Scholar

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Anyway maybe I end up liking Haruhi alot more because I have been reading the novel translations...

The novels are a must-read for fans. Better than the Anime, because imho the Anime series was completely messed up by changing the order of the episodes. Oooh, someone needed a comnventional climax development! I put the episodes in chronological order and found it much better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 3rd, 2007, 12:10 pm 

Umm okay Storm Shinobi have you even watched the anime? If you have you'll know why they made it so crappy in most games. For the same reason they made the dark gundam, Strike Freedom Gundam and unit 3 from stardust crappy. Because they are the most powerful and best gundam ever designed to date.

and um 42317 duuu doiesn't that usually the best way to watch an anime? Yes I know I can only buy the dvds which are in chronological order because we don't have it on tv here. But we have Basilisk and Ergo Proxy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 9:55 am 

RRRRROOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRRR ATDICT IS PISSED, an thus is going to rant. :twisted: :twisted: GOD I JUST WAS GOING TO PICK UP A BUNCH OF SERIES, just got paid :D , BUT ALL THE SERIES I WANTED TO PICKUP AREN'T IN ENGLISH THEY'RE ALL SUB, COME ON!!!! IN THIS DAY AND AGE WHY THE FLIP, self restraint, DO THEY NOT HAVE IT TRANSLATED WITH AN ENGLISH DUB!!!! THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME FIVE TIME ON TIVE DIFFERENT SERIES!!! AARRRRGGGHHH

Anybody else want the list let me know or add feel free I majorly pissed off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 1:20 pm 
Resident Scholar

The Adict,
no need to rant for me. The Japanese dub is usually better in tone and atmosphere and often voices don't sound so exaggerated. I got brain bleedings when I tried and listened to the US dubs of Excel and Nadesico.
Reading subs is only a matter of training.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 4th, 2007, 2:13 pm 

The Adict wrote:
Umm okay Storm Shinobi have you even watched the anime? If you have you'll know why they made it so crappy in most games. For the same reason they made the dark gundam, Strike Freedom Gundam and unit 3 from stardust crappy. Because they are the most powerful and best gundam ever designed to date.

and um 42317 duuu doiesn't that usually the best way to watch an anime? Yes I know I can only buy the dvds which are in chronological order because we don't have it on tv here. But we have Basilisk and Ergo Proxy.

Strike Freedom wasn't even in ACE2. And I only watched Endless Waltz so I know jack XD
Just that from my talking with other Gundam fans, they don't seem to like Wing that much.

I can imagine what Wing Zero would be like in a Super Robot Wars game though, and I could probably make it work. But in a real time environment its pretty lackluster D:
And I do agree the GP03 is rather crap in ACE2. But Strike Freedom is a great mech in Omni vs ZAFT II, but it does cost alot and is a waste of resources if you can't handle it and just die horribly. And Freedom and Justice with or without Meteor units were pretty damn rigged in Super Robot Wars J. Even if they weren't quite on the level of Bellezute Brigandine.... they were close.

As a Gundam fan, I'm more bent towards the UC and CE series anyway. I don't have too much of an opinion on the Wing units besides the fact I think the Endless Waltz angel wings were a bit dodgy in what the hell do they even do.... I suppose it helped in atmospheric entry but otherwise....
Kampfer would be my favourite Mono-eye unit. Probably my favourite mobile suit overall. For Gundams, I'd go for like Nu. Although I like Blitz, Forbidden and Saviour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 10:15 am 

Okay storm Shinobi there is a huge difference between the machines in games and in the anime, for the most part Zero's greatest asset is the zero system in it cockpit and it unrivaled manverablity (spelled wrong sorry). I like prety much all of gundam so I have less bias opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 5th, 2007, 11:16 pm 

Well I'm just bitching about my experience with it really, which would be the game XD

And setting the Zero system aside(I roughly know what that is), it does have a pretty lousy set of armaments thats not quite suited for prolonged combat. Sabers and head vulcans only go so far when you have like only a few shots on those buster rifles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 2:45 am 
Major Contributor

Storm_Shinobi wrote:
Well I'm just bitching about my experience with it really, which would be the game XD

And setting the Zero system aside(I roughly know what that is), it does have a pretty lousy set of armaments thats not quite suited for prolonged combat. Sabers and head vulcans only go so far when you have like only a few shots on those buster rifles.

Dual oversized Dragon Fangs on the Nataku Custom FTW :lol: . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 4:00 am 
Regular

42317 wrote:
The Adict,
no need to rant for me. The Japanese dub is usually better in tone and atmosphere and often voices don't sound so exaggerated. I got brain bleedings when I tried and listened to the US dubs of Excel and Nadesico.
Reading subs is only a matter of training.

I generally prefer dubs for one major reason; if a film is subtitled, I tend to spend most of my time reading the dialogue, and not concentrating on the scene at hand. Not to mention that most anime will have translations of street signs etc. at the bottom of the screen as well. If the film is further subtitled, it can result in a lot of clutter at the bottom of the screen. As a result, I prefer to use my eyes for watching the action, and my ears for listening to dialogue. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: June 6th, 2007, 8:03 am 
Resident Scholar

Zaxares wrote:
if a film is subtitled, I tend to spend most of my time reading the dialogue, and not concentrating on the scene at hand.

That can be a nuicance, but as I said, I think it's mostly a matter of training.
You have to be able to look at the given line of subtitle and immediately realize its meaning.
If you can do that you don't have to read it in detail and it takes you only a glance.
In case that seems hard I suggest you learn Japanese. 8)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next