Anime, Hentai, Manga, Bishoujo Games, Live Action Films, Music, Art, and Erotic Doujinshi Discussion Forum

It is currently October 17th, 2017, 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

How much anime is on your hard drive?
Over 250 GB 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
100 to 250 GB 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
50 to 100 GB 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
5 to 50 GB 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
Under 5 GB 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
None 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: How much anime is on your hard drive?
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 7:19 am 
Major Contributor

So this is a completely random thread/poll. As the thread title says, how much anime do you have on your hard drive? I know, it's kind of a borderline question but I'm not going to inquire about how the anime got there, just want to know how much of it there is. Include manga if you wish. I didn't.

Anyway I actually went and checked. Currently I have 386.46 GB of anime on my hard drive, give or take a gig or two. Does that make me sad? I suppose.

Anyway, how about y'all? (Please try to post your actual number as well as voting)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 8:07 am 
Regular

I'm too lazy to go look up exact numbers, but it's definitely under 5 GB. What little is there is mainly hentai and doujinshi. I'd rather keep my anime on CDs and VHS tapes. Strange habit of mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 8:13 am 
Major Contributor

Zaxares wrote:
I'm too lazy to go look up exact numbers, but it's definitely under 5 GB. What little is there is mainly hentai and doujinshi. I'd rather keep my anime on CDs and VHS tapes. Strange habit of mine.

Yeah I back up my anime often as well but most of the time I still have roughly 200+ GB on my PC since I generally don't back up until I have the entire series.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 9:22 am 
Resident Scholar

I'm picky, plus my HD ain't so big... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 12:36 pm 

It flunctuates alot, and I delete alot of stuff I don't plan on ever rewatching. And now that I got a new external HDD, the amount is gonna increase.... well I got a bunch on DVDRs littered here and there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 4:58 pm 
Regular

I have a 80Gb HD so how much could I have lol ...

You should have asked how much anime you have on your HD or in CD/DVD, that would be funny >.>

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 6:37 pm 
Major Contributor

Caiobrz wrote:
I have a 80Gb HD so how much could I have lol ...

You should have asked how much anime you have on your HD or in CD/DVD, that would be funny >.>

Well I think that would be too hard to check. I have so many CDs and DVDs lying around that checking the total size would take me ages . . . :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 6:56 pm 
Regular

I ... FEEL ... LIKE ... AGREEING ... WITH ... SPAZMASTER

(looking at avatar)

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 9:07 pm 
Post Master

42 GB currently. I have about 25 DVD-R's full of anime too. They take alot of space because I am always looking for Dual Audio dvd-quality encodes (I usually don't find both of those things together though).

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 9th, 2008, 9:50 pm 
Regular

Well if one is allowed to add the CD/DVDs ..

Currently tracking 650 CDs and 130 DVD-R non-repeated anime. I'm slowly passing CDs to DVD to save space but it's a very slow process =/ If you add to the fact that the ones I like I burn twice because I really don't trust those DVD will hold out in the long run (10+ years), you can add about "backup" 50 DVD-s lol Only stuff I don't double are the few I ended up buying the originals, so the fansub version is the "backup" version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 10:16 am 

I'm just under 100 Gb with 97.3Gb of anime. Like spaz I don't like burning a series until it's complete, however I'm probably going to start to run out of space and will have to get another hard drive or burn a lot of DVDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 5:09 pm 
Major Contributor

Yeah I've been doing some transfers from CDs to DVDs recently as well though I still have plenty of space to store stuff in since I have a couple of aluminum cases that can hold 1000 CDs/DVDs each as well as a few regular CD binders. Right now I'd estimate somewhere in the 500 to 600 range in terms of CDs and DVDs. I used to index them in Excel but that got to be too much of a hassle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 7:39 pm 
Regular

With my CDs I also indexed them HARD: each CD had a name and number, and I listed the CONTENTS as well, with filename and size. Obviously, too much as things got big so I dropped.

With DVD's I only number them and list the series inside (like "series A episode 1-10"). I actually have a PHP/MySQL script to do that, since I have apache on my computer I run some web-based tools for organizing my stuff ... yet, there are 20 DVDs on top of my computer waiting to be indexed ><I>.>) each can hold 400, both are full and there are some 100+ CDs on top of them LOL, but since I'm TRYING to transfer to DVD I figure I don't need another (In average I can get 6~7 CDs into one DVD, so every 10 DVD's I convert is +-65 CDs less (thus 55 open spaces in the closets). Yet, my speed is slow, and I have been burning more new series than converting old ones so I'm in despair LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 10th, 2008, 8:07 pm 
Major Contributor

As my vote went at the time I cast it, I don't have currently any anime on my hard drive at the moment. Haven't had the interest to actually look. I can buy some shows off iTunes but I have some other stuff floating around my room that need watching as well..

Post subject:
PostPosted: January 11th, 2008, 8:18 pm 

Hmm I voted under 5GB's....since I tend to burn them on dvd's.....I always wait 'till I have the complete series before doing so...